Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    While I agree with you it's just not today's reality. And the worry isn't cross team contamination (I think the risk is very low) but an outbreak ina team that spreads to others - familes teachers etc. Picture the headline "School X sees spike in cases after soccer team outbreak".

Also you're not using cancel culture correctly
    Cases mean nothing
    The public now knows how flawed test are
    Informed people knew this in March
    IFR has dropped significantly since March/April
    Hospitals finally figured out how to treat patients and stop killing them through medical errors
    If you get rona today, and get sick, your odds are still over 99% of survival
    Time to move on.

Comment

While I agree with you it's just not today's reality. And the worry isn't cross team contamination (I think the risk is very low) but an outbreak ina team that spreads to others - familes teachers etc. Picture the headline "School X sees spike in cases after soccer team outbreak".

Also you're not using cancel culture correctly
      Who cares about the headline. The fact remains that one team in Fairfield county could have an outbreak, does that mean all teams across the state should be shut down? Seriously? Manage them on a case by case. Headlines are almost always inflammatory, and should not dictate societal decision making.

Comment

Who cares about the headline. The fact remains that one team in Fairfield county could have an outbreak, does that mean all teams across the state should be shut down? Seriously? Manage them on a case by case. Headlines are almost always inflammatory, and should not dictate societal decision making.
        Poster is right on two items

- team to team spread isn't the risk, it's spread within a team and then within the broader community that could happen.

- it doesn't take much of anything to freak people out these days. It's not right, but it is what it is. I hope the season happens relatively glitch free, but I also won't be surprised if it gets shut down

Comment

Cases mean nothing
          The public now knows how flawed test are
          Informed people knew this in March
          IFR has dropped significantly since March/April
          Hospitals finally figured out how to treat patients and stop killing them through medical errors
          If you get rona today, and get sick, your odds are still over 99% of survival
          Time to move on.
          Yes, but you're thinking logically. If C19 has taught us anything it's that not everyone thinks or acts logically.

Comment

Yes, but you're thinking logically. If C19 has taught us anything it's that not everyone thinks or acts logically.
            Chicks with ..........

WASHINGTON — The Education Department is preparing to withhold millions of dollars from Connecticut schools over their refusal to withdraw from an athletic conference that allows transgender students to compete on teams that correspond with their gender identity.

The move to withhold about $18 million intended to help schools desegregate could have national implications for both transgender athletes and students of color.

The department’s Office for Civil Rights has warned officials at three Connecticut school districts that it will not release desegregation grants as planned on Oct. 1, unless the districts cut ties with the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference over its transgender policies. Negotiations among the parties continued Thursday evening.

It wasn’t enough for the Supreme Court to tell them it violates women’s rights.....now ciac is going to let 18mm be stripped from school funding that was supposed to benefit mostly minority and poor children. When will these ciac idiots just admit that they were wrong and no one agrees with them? When will Lamont say enough is enough? All so two dudes could get a medal? Make trans a separate gender category and give them a medal....I don’t care, but don’t make ct residents pay 18mm for it

Comment

and now with the POTUS being able to nominate another SCOTUS judge. If that happens, this decision about transgender will not be reversed.

Comment

Maybe they”ll be allowed to participate with the groups they are most comfortable with but their results would only be logged with their birth gender group events.

Comment

Sorry but you were born dudes .Move on already your nothing special.

Comment

and now with the POTUS being able to nominate another SCOTUS judge. If that happens, this decision about transgender will not be reversed.

good. it shouldn't be reversed

Comment

I'm fairly liberal but I agree this competitive ruling is absurd. Males have certain physical advantages. Its science. However, its also bullish it that the administration is holding funds hostage to get what they want. Let the courts decide. It isn't fair to pull funds from students who have nothing to do with it

Comment

I'm fairly liberal but I agree this competitive ruling is absurd. Males have certain physical advantages. Its science. However, its also bullish it that the administration is holding funds hostage to get what they want. Let the courts decide. It isn't fair to pull funds from students who have nothing to do with it
                        The court did!

Listen....girls were shafted before title 9. They finally made strides. Sports, scholarships, competition, why does ciac want to take that away because two dudes feel more comfortable competing against girls.

I dont care who they love and how they dress Or identify. Good for them, let them be happy. But they don’t need to steal state titles from girls to be complete.

Comment

Court decided.
                          CIAC refuse to accept the ruling
                          So feds said as long as you (CIAC) refuse we will withhold funds.
                          Right now this hurts New Haven, Hartford, & Bridgeport I think.
                          Those are the districts feds are withholding “diversity grants” from.
                          18 million I think.

Comment

It can happen. High school sports can happen. Games played at CFC Park and FSA and Oakwood have all been great. Parents are wearing masks. They are staying 6 ft away from each other. Why can't high school?

Comment

It can happen. High school sports can happen. Games played at CFC Park and FSA and Oakwood have all been great. Parents are wearing masks. They are staying 6 ft away from each other. Why can't high school?
                              In case you missed it, HS soccer is happening as of now.

Comment

S#@% rolls down the hill. Complain to your 'leaders' (who obviously aren't very good leaders after seeing the CIAC covid fiasco).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X