Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, writing to coaches ahead of time may get them to a game for a particular player, but it does happen quite frequently that other players get contacted by multiple coaches after the fact as well. Especially at earlier ages when the recruiting slate is still open (i.e. sophomore year).
    It does happen a lot more than people realize, the majority of the schools on my kid's list are schools that reached out to her coach after being contacted by someone else. But if it makes someone else feel good to speak on something they know nothing about, they can have at it.

Comment

My kid's ECNL team played in an EDP tournament last year (and is scheduled to do so again this year) and play in Jeff Cup. The truth of the matter is, the level of play and level of college coach attendance is much higher at the ECNL showcases and the bells & whistles are just cool.

That being said, my kid's team played GDA teams at EDP last year and will probably see them again this year even though they're in GAL. They've also had some friendlies with GAL teams, so it's not really a GDA or GAL thing, it's a club thing.
      What EDP Tournament are you referring to that high school aged GDA/ ECNL Teams played non-ECNL teams. At Jeff Cup there were separate ECNL Clubs playing only ECNL Teams.

Comment

What EDP Tournament are you referring to that high school aged GDA/ ECNL Teams played non-ECNL teams. At Jeff Cup there were separate ECNL Clubs playing only ECNL Teams.
        EDP Fall Classic

Comment

EDP Fall Classic
          No high school ECNL Teams play in the fall during high school soccer season. Nothing begins till the High school season is over.

Comment

No high school ECNL Teams play in the fall during high school soccer season. Nothing begins till the High school season is over.
            Fall Classic is mid November when kids are done with HS, but there aren't many U15+ teams and none of them are ECNL or GDA teams. Here is last year's schedule. No dog in the fight, just providing the link. Quick glance and I saw one Regional ECNL team one pre GDA listed in the younger ages. In other words, it's not a thing like one poster claims

http://events.gotsport.com/events/?EventID=72194

Jeff Cup does have ECNL teams and they are not in their own exclusive bracket - most but not all are in the top bracket; there's others lower down. If there's GDA teams I missed them. GDA's big showcase was a few weeks after Jeff so it's doubtful any teams would go

2019 Showcase (because 2020 was not a normal event) https://www.gotsport.com/asp/directo...?eventid=66908

Ages 10-14 https://www.gotsport.com/asp/directo...?eventid=66907

Comment

It does happen a lot more than people realize, the majority of the schools on my kid's list are schools that reached out to her coach after being contacted by someone else. But if it makes someone else feel good to speak on something they know nothing about, they can have at it.
              This has nothing to do with what was posted in terms of having 100 coaches on the sidelines. And since I'm on my 3rd go round with this, I know exactly what I'm talking about

Comment

This is completely false. At Jeff Cup, ECNL teams do not only play other ECNL teams. Also, to the poster that said all the ECNL teams are in the top bracket, that's also untrue. In any given year, I've seen ECNL teams in as low as the 5th or 6th bracket (and by the way, still not winning) and non-ECNL teams in the top brackets. There are some very poor ECNL clubs and tournaments like Jeff Cup know that and place those clubs/teams accordingly. They do not get special treatment just because they're ECNL.

Comment

Thank you to the person that posted the links to the 2019 Jeff Cup brackets, it proves the point. I looked at the u15 age group (2004's) and there's an ECNL team down in the 6th bracket. Also, I noticed that 5 of the 9 teams in the top bracket are non-ECNL so clearly ECNL teams are not given preference at this tournament.

Comment

Thank you to the person that posted the links to the 2019 Jeff Cup brackets, it proves the point. I looked at the u15 age group (2004's) and there's an ECNL team down in the 6th bracket. Also, I noticed that 5 of the 9 teams in the top bracket are non-ECNL so clearly ECNL teams are not given preference at this tournament.
                    You're welcome....I have a thing about facts. Call me crazy.

Comment

Fall Classic is mid November when kids are done with HS, but there aren't many U15+ teams and none of them are ECNL or GDA teams. Here is last year's schedule. No dog in the fight, just providing the link. Quick glance and I saw one Regional ECNL team one pre GDA listed in the younger ages. In other words, it's not a thing like one poster claims

http://events.gotsport.com/events/?EventID=72194

Jeff Cup does have ECNL teams and they are not in their own exclusive bracket - most but not all are in the top bracket; there's others lower down. If there's GDA teams I missed them. GDA's big showcase was a few weeks after Jeff so it's doubtful any teams would go

2019 Showcase (because 2020 was not a normal event) https://www.gotsport.com/asp/directo...?eventid=66908

Ages 10-14 https://www.gotsport.com/asp/directo...?eventid=66907
                      Just looked it up From U15 - U19 there are no ECNL Clubs/teams playing in this event.

Comment

As a college coach I can tell you the GA is the go to Destiination is fall. ECNL you know what that’s about .....
                        let’s see what the new kid has!
                        Old relationships ending new ones beginning.
                        Thats what its about inspector!
                        I'm calling bullsh1t on that.....These are the same clubs (for the most part) that were DA and now include other mid-tier clubs to replace those that took off for ECNL.

Comment

I'm calling bullsh1t on that.....These are the same clubs (for the most part) that were DA and now include other mid-tier clubs to replace those that took off for ECNL.
                          Common sense. I'm sure if there were ECNL games this fall, maybe they'd be willing to go...

Comment

Just looked it up From U15 - U19 there are no ECNL Clubs/teams playing in this event.
                            I believe these people are referring to the Fall Showcase not the Classic. Fall Showcase last year had a very good mix of ECNL and DA teams playing each other.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/d...?EventID=71720

Comment

I believe these people are referring to the Fall Showcase not the Classic. Fall Showcase last year had a very good mix of ECNL and DA teams playing each other.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/d...?EventID=71720
                              So basically-World Class, Susa, EM & NYSC ALL play in mixed league tournaments. The only local club hiding behind the smoke & mirrors of their "top league" is LISC.

Comment

Soooooo.....

how'd it go GAL teams (NYSC and LISC)?
                                did you go out and show those other GALs
                                who's boss?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X