Bayside Summer Classic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all seriousness this is possibly one of the worst tournaments/events in New England, alongside cranberry cup and the Abbey Villa events.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      In all seriousness this is possibly one of the worst tournaments/events in New England, alongside cranberry cup and the Abbey Villa events.
      Thanks for checking in team Team Surf. No one is claiming it is a top tournament. It is a pre-season tournament where teams can get back on field together, work on fitness and get ready for Stars Cup.

Comment

Thanks for checking in team Team Surf. No one is claiming it is a top tournament. It is a pre-season tournament where teams can get back on field together, work on fitness and get ready for Stars Cup.
        Agreed. Nobody looking for a top tournament when our kids just need to play again. Many kids out of shape still. I will take any tournament and anyone can go as long as they wear a mask and there are no parent fist fights between Surf and Bayside.

Comment

Agreed. Nobody looking for a top tournament when our kids just need to play again. Many kids out of shape still. I will take any tournament and anyone can go as long as they wear a mask and there are no parent fist fights between Surf and Bayside.
          I wouldn't worry about that. Surf not welcome.

Comment

We can’t do a tournament if we can’t get soccer moved to moderate risk and even then I think tournaments aren’t allowed this fall.

Comment

Bayside scared to play Surf! 🤣

It's too bad Bayside sounds so scared to play against Surf teams. If you don't think your teams will lose, then why won't you let Surf compete against you??

Comment

It's too bad Bayside sounds so scared to play against Surf teams. If you don't think your teams will lose, then why won't you let Surf compete against you??
                This has zero to do with bayside worrying about losing. It has everything to do with soccer politics. Bayside partnered with and on the board of league where the other principals are at war with MA and RI Surf.

Not to mention the fact Surf / GPS ri coaches are on here attacking bayside. As a parent I have to say their “anonymous” attacks are embarrassing.

Comment

Serious question—are you saying that bayside is not allowing Surf to enter their tournament? Clubs generally want their tournaments to attract as many teams as possible ($$$). In MA, there is definitely no love lost between NEFC and Stars, but Stars would never block NEFC teams from Stars Cup. Seems counterproductive for Bayside to do that. Not saying that this Bayside tournament is at the level of Stars Cup, but still...

Comment

Serious question—are you saying that bayside is not allowing Surf to enter their tournament? Clubs generally want their tournaments to attract as many teams as possible ($$$). In MA, there is definitely no love lost between NEFC and Stars, but Stars would never block NEFC teams from Stars Cup. Seems counterproductive for Bayside to do that. Not saying that this Bayside tournament is at the level of Stars Cup, but still...
                    Who knows what will happen. May be no tournament or just a few teams...... whatever is allowed. This year has many factors, surf is a small concern at this point.

May be hard to justify trusting a club like surf to act properly at a tournament at times like these. I think everyone agrees there management and coaches have some growing up to do.

Comment

I know for fact, Surf 2009 boys would have no chance. Maybe would lose to Bayside 10-0.

Comment

I know for fact, Surf 2009 boys would have no chance. Maybe would lose to Bayside 10-0.
                        These are 11 year old kids, right? As a parent, I'm only looking at how my kid plays -- are they making good decisions? Are they showing skill competencies with the ball? Are they motivated? Are they having fun? Are they getting playing time in various positions? Are they trying to demonstrate some basic tactics or is it kick and chase?

One or two stud athletes at that age, especially in small size games where the coach plays those kids in the central positions and for most of the game, can win games.

That's the nutshell of the problem -- judging by wins and losses at early ages. Sure, if it was 10-0 that might mean something, but more likely the other squad simply has better athletes.

One of the best youth coaches my son had was one that forbid the GK from punting as the standard rule, even though it probably cost them some matches.

Comment

These are 11 year old kids, right? As a parent, I'm only looking at how my kid plays -- are they making good decisions? Are they showing skill competencies with the ball? Are they motivated? Are they having fun? Are they getting playing time in various positions? Are they trying to demonstrate some basic tactics or is it kick and chase?

One or two stud athletes at that age, especially in small size games where the coach plays those kids in the central positions and for most of the game, can win games.

That's the nutshell of the problem -- judging by wins and losses at early ages. Sure, if it was 10-0 that might mean something, but more likely the other squad simply has better athletes.

One of the best youth coaches my son had was one that forbid the GK from punting as the standard rule, even though it probably cost them some matches.
                          Yeah looks like a parent got caught up in the Team Surf bullying. I prefer not to bring scores / wins & losses into the discussion especially at this age level. That said I have seen Bayside's 2008 and 2009 boys play on occasion and they are talented groups, coached to play quality soccer.

Comment

I hope this tournament happens and they invite all the local clubs, Bruno, Liverpool, NEFC, Surf. Just let the kids play who cares where they all went its good to just get them on the field playing in RI against RI kids. Going to have to limit number of spectators and maybe it's 7 v 7 to keep numbers down, whatever. Let's just do this. Plan it for Labor Day weekend when we are officially out of phase 3 and the tourists will have gone home to get their kids back to school.

Comment

I hope this tournament happens and they invite all the local clubs, Bruno, Liverpool, NEFC, Surf. Just let the kids play who cares where they all went its good to just get them on the field playing in RI against RI kids. Going to have to limit number of spectators and maybe it's 7 v 7 to keep numbers down, whatever. Let's just do this. Plan it for Labor Day weekend when we are officially out of phase 3 and the tourists will have gone home to get their kids back to school.
                              Baysidefc summer classic is the most useless tournament. Baysidefc parents just want to see little Donovan on the "A" team beat up on Strikers, Lusitania and Noreaster teams .

PB gets a $$$ for every team he brings in.

Comment

I've lost track of all the various COVID restrictions, and surprise, the state's website(s) are less than helpful. What are we allowed to do/not do now, and when is that supposed to change? If MA decides RI safe(ish) again, for example, are there restrictions (in writing) that don't allow RI teams from leaving the state to play?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X