Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplementary Training

Creating this thread to share information on Supplementary Training for girls in NJ.

Does anyone have first hand information about PDA summer soccer camps? Is the training/soccer quality really good?

Comment

My daughter enjoyed it, she would actually speak to me about what she learned and the coaches she learned from(go figure!). Unfortunately you can’t control who else attends the camp and if they mix in boys as well. Because it’s PDA, you’ll most likely run into kids who are trying too hard and overcompensating while mummy is hiding in the bushes or giving instructions from an ear piece. Also, as you can imagine, boys tend to mess about and be selfish with the ball.
      Make sure you ask questions or read the details of what the camp entails so you don’t end up paying for a camp that basically a scrimmage for 3 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My daughter enjoyed it, she would actually speak to me about what she learned and the coaches she learned from(go figure!). Unfortunately you can’t control who else attends the camp and if they mix in boys as well. Because it’s PDA, you’ll most likely run into kids who are trying too hard and overcompensating while mummy is hiding in the bushes or giving instructions from an ear piece. Also, as you can imagine, boys tend to mess about and be selfish with the ball.
        Make sure you ask questions or read the details of what the camp entails so you don’t end up paying for a camp that basically a scrimmage for 3 hours.
        Thankyou, that is helpful.

Comment

A-game in Fairfield is pretty good for developing technical skill. Most kids I have seen love it.

Comment

Agree. Also sjeb in south jersey offers supplemental training. Can stay on your current team and just take advantage of the training. Most swear by it.

A-game in Fairfield is pretty good for developing technical skill. Most kids I have seen love it.

Comment

Agree. Also sjeb in south jersey offers supplemental training. Can stay on your current team and just take advantage of the training. Most swear by it.
              Some Real NJ players use the SJEB training and look at the great results it has created for them.

Comment

You realize a player will never do 500 scissors in a game?

Comment

So many a game haters. But their kids always have the best footwork. Funny.

Comment

He does some good things!

Comment

I realize it. They might do a couple in a game and they might play 1 game/week. Does that mean they should do a couple a week to train?

Comment

I realize it. They might do a couple in a game and they might play 1 game/week. Does that mean they should do a couple a week to train?
                        You might be right but I’ve seen players do at least 10-15 Maradonas in a game and that does come from the Agame repetition training.

Comment

Do you know why it's called "Maradona"?

Comment

Considering it is one of the ONLY supplemental training available in SJ. You have SJ and Universal Soccer.....

Comment

Do you know why it's called "Maradona"?
                              No why?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X