Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      UConn will be shutdown soon as Covid is all over that campus
      It already is

Good thing they didn’t allow sports

Comment

UConn is a sheet stain, but this school is actually diarrhea

Boston’s Northeastern University dismissed 11 first-year students Friday after they were caught violating social-distancing rules and said it won’t refund the $36,500 each paid in tuition or their housing payments. They also can’t take classes online.
        These students were in the Northeastern University International program. These are actually not officially northeastern students. almost like a provisional acceptance. they will have to take their courses online from home now. but also no guarantee that they would become actual students.

Comment

Fake news. Current number of on campus cases has actually dropped to 50. Don't believe what the media says go to the site and read it for yourself.

Comment

What is dumb are schools going for a money grab without investing the money into testing and protective measures. Relying solely on 18-22 year olds is a recipe for disaster. It’s not even the kids fault. It’s either safe or it’s not. If you can be in classes, and in dorms, and share bathrooms, and in the cafe, then you should be able to play sports or do other activities. These schools aren’t allowing the safe things and are allowing the other things to happen. Kids aren’t stupid. They see the hypocracy. Either be like the Ivies and keep everyone home or open up fully. Don’t steal their money and give them nothing in return.
            If you could post gif's on here I'd be replying w a standing ovation one...well said.

Comment

Fake news. Current number of on campus cases has actually dropped to 50. Don't believe what the media says go to the site and read it for yourself.
              Yes UCONN numbers aren't bad. I read about a so called spike at SHU and it was like 20 cases and they all lived off campus. So, no campus privileges until they test negative again. Samrt schools are testing a lot, immediately isolating vases and contact tracing. I do expect students to follow rules but the rules also have to be reasonable. If kids are locked up in dorm rooms all day by themselves well then, duh, they're going to want to be social now and then

Comment

I prefer UCONN kicking them out of the dorms and not refunding housing but they can stay in school. Yes kids should obey the rules but I also think schools were foolish to think to think kids won't break them, especially off campus. They're still kids and they want to be with their friends. There should be a punishment but I think NU goes too far.
                A great year to enroll from afar and pay per credit. My neighbor's kid goes to an ivy but decided with a few friends to go cross country to Idaho ski country and take classes from there instead of being at school in the city. They will have the time of their lives and remote learn. Why go anywhere near a campus

Comment

A great year to enroll from afar and pay per credit. My neighbor's kid goes to an ivy but decided with a few friends to go cross country to Idaho ski country and take classes from there instead of being at school in the city. They will have the time of their lives and remote learn. Why go anywhere near a campus
                  Who's buying the coke?

Comment

Probably stopped in Kenosha and slummed it with blm rioters. Burned a few things, hit a cop with a brick

Comment

There have been reports of college kids setting up shop in nice locations for the semester, but for many families that's out of reach. If any of your grant money goes to housing it won't cover a ski house in CO.

Comment

Probably stopped in Kenosha and slummed it with blm rioters. Burned a few things, hit a cop with a brick
                        Yeah they probably did that. Zero

Comment

That's sounds like a good deal for now and the future. Why pay $75k when you could learn online and live/play where you want.

Comment

That's sounds like a good deal for now and the future. Why pay $75k when you could learn online and live/play where you want.
                            That's what I'm thinking. Pay for credits and have some fun. Sugarbush here we come

Comment

That's what I'm thinking. Pay for credits and have some fun. Sugarbush here we come
                              Covid will definitely upend a business model that was already teetering. Without brick and mortar dorms that churn out survival cash, colleges and universities will have to create entirely new way to survive. Some won't make it.

Comment

Naugatuck had a positive test. Close down the entire Valley

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X