Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: throwing out fans

Teenage girls seem the quickest to throw out people without cause. I think it is a power trip with them. On the other hand, spanish refs seem to be the most tolerant. I don't know if it is because they are used to the yelling or do not understand what they are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
      Refs pay should be based by how they ref each game ?
      they arent paid enough to listen to a-hole parents for over an hour

Comment

I hope you are not asking because you feel she was treated unfairly.

Maybe the parents that witnessed that will try to learn how to be have like rational adults.

Unlikely.
        Why is it the parent's fault when he makes a bad call?
        Are we expected to just sit in our seats quietly?
        hey parents that like to always complain, why dont you get off you butt and ref a game, you'll see how easy it is to make perfect calls every time. parents should only be able to clap on the sidelines...nothing else. i say throw them all out! especially the parents of young players, they're the worst.

Comment

If the parents complain out the the ref it will help their team get the calls. You see this all the time in the NBA or NFL where the coach will argue knowing that he will not get the call reversed, but that it will help them get the next call.

If the parents yell when a foul is not called, the ref will be more inclined to call the next one, same thing for offsides. Sometimes if the ref is not a 100% sure and will wait for someone to call out the offense before they do themselves. I have seen many a times where someone calls out hand ball and the ref calls it where he would not have otherwise.

Parents should yell and cheer, but it should be kept under control. It is ok to yell out your disagreement, but it should not involve foul language. You also have to drop it after about 20 seconds of yelling. I think you have a right to get involved in the game as long as you do not go overboard. We are not supposed to sit in the stands and be robots.
          I noticed from all the threads that this is a young group, but this is the dumbest thread on the dumbest site. YES , you are to sit and watch, cheer your kids and that is all. These refs do not even need to hear 20 seconds of your ignorant outbursts. It is part of the game and learn to live with it and teach your kids how to deal with it also. Go play checkers if you are worried about injury.
          State Cup has ZERO tolerance for this behavior and you will be ejected from matches. I have seen entire teams get all their families ejected.
          Shut your mouth and enjoy the beautiful game :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

Comment

What a bunch of whimps you are all. It is soccer. It is ok to make some noise and voice your opinion. Have you ever been to a football game. Maybe should limit ourselves to a golf clap.

Comment

What a bunch of whimps you are all. It is soccer. It is ok to make some noise and voice your opinion. Have you ever been to a football game. Maybe should limit ourselves to a golf clap.
              You are an A88hole and have no clue. Youth sports have no room for abusing or yelling at the refs, period. Cheer all you want, but too many times parents feel they are entitled to scream or ridicule the refs. Youth football you can not yell at the refs either!!
              Grow up and realize....you are the problem, and remember your kids hear and see everything!! Great example you are!!
              ](*,) ](*,)

Comment

Just the fact that you equated watching the world's most popular game with attending a game of American football (where only one player is allowed to touch the ball with his foot) tells us enough about your opinion regarding conduct by parents sitting along the touchline of a football (the real football) match. Go back to painting your body and foam fingers and leave the beautiful game to those of us who truly enjoy the experience even if we don't always agree with the officials. We know enough about the game that there is no reason to yell at an official whether they are 10 years old or 50 years old. Sit back and enjoy the game.

Comment

First, I will say that while I have never been thrown out of a game for yelling or any other infraction,...my son probably wished that I would just leave the field. I think that there are 4 types of parents at games, 1. those that sit quietly and just watch, and cheer, (not me, not ever, although I really tried), 2. those that know nothing about the game and just follow along with the other parents who, may or may not know about the game, but yell, "off sides, "bad call" etc. etc. #3 those that just yell at their kid, or other players during every play, and/or bad result, (the yells do not have to be always be negative, they are sometimes positive), BUT these parents are always yelling! and #4 those parents that prowl the sidelines, usually men that think they know, or they may really do know the game, but they yell instructions or insults/kudos to the players. These, I think are a coaches nightmare.
                  In ALL cases, except the first, the player/team does NOT play any better due to your yelling, or any ones yelling, except the coach. Your kid does NOT respond to your yelling except to be angry or embarassed and they will tell you so after every game.
                  I have been there and wish I could have a "do over" for club soccer. I wish I enjoyed the games for what they were, not what I wanted them to be. I wished I could have just enjoyed seeing my son play and not try to control him. My son is in college and I do not get to see his games anymore, and he is probably glad. I miss those high school and club games now, I miss the fields, the anticipation, the victories, even the defeats, just all of it, BUT most of all I wish I could have been a #1 parent.

Comment

Originally posted by college parent
                    First, I will say that while I have never been thrown out of a game for yelling or any other infraction,...my son probably wished that I would just leave the field. I think that there are 4 types of parents at games, 1. those that sit quietly and just watch, and cheer, (not me, not ever, although I really tried), 2. those that know nothing about the game and just follow along with the other parents who, may or may not know about the game, but yell, "off sides, "bad call" etc. etc. #3 those that just yell at their kid, or other players during every play, and/or bad result, (the yells do not have to be always be negative, they are sometimes positive), BUT these parents are always yelling! and #4 those parents that prowl the sidelines, usually men that think they know, or they may really do know the game, but they yell instructions or insults/kudos to the players. These, I think are a coaches nightmare.
                    In ALL cases, except the first, the player/team does NOT play any better due to your yelling, or any ones yelling, except the coach. Your kid does NOT respond to your yelling except to be angry or embarassed and they will tell you so after every game.
                    I have been there and wish I could have a "do over" for club soccer. I wish I enjoyed the games for what they were, not what I wanted them to be. I wished I could have just enjoyed seeing my son play and not try to control him. My son is in college and I do not get to see his games anymore, and he is probably glad. I miss those high school and club games now, I miss the fields, the anticipation, the victories, even the defeats, just all of it, BUT most of all I wish I could have been a #1 parent.
                    And then there are those parents that really do know the game and also enjoy watching their child play. The only problem is that some of the referee's are trully bad and don't know what they are doing. I have never attempted to umpire a baseball game, because I feel that I would not do a very good job. So why do we have some of these so called referee's that have never played the game, but did go to some class room and studied a book and feel that they are now qualified to referee a game? If you have ever attended a professional game at LaBambonera (Argentina), Maracana (Brazil) or Old Tratford (England) you would have to cover your ears as to some of the things throw at and said about the referee's. But here in America, where we can't even do the Plaid of alligiance to our flag in our classrooms because someone in the government decided that the word God should not be in it, we complain or kicka parent out of the fields for telling the referee Jesus Christ you made a horrible call, which by the way they do more often than not.
                    This paragraph reflects the opinion of one knowledgeable parent and should not be taken as an offensive hit against the US or any other country. Thanks..

Comment

Yelling at the players during a match is distracting, to the players, to the referees (good and bad), to the other parents trying to enjoy watching their children, and to the coaches.

While three parents are on the sideline yelling "Boot It!!", the coach is probably on the other side line, in a lower, more controlled voice, trying to guide the players. Or better, if they are older, there is no coaching going on, because the athletes train during the week and the idea is that they come into a match and think, strategize, decide, invent, try, fail, recover, play!...all the things that many parents are paying training fees for, and still seem to think that they need to be the ultimate instructor.

How do you think the opponent feels when you yell to your daughter, who is shoulder to shoulder in pursuit of the ball "C'mon Suzie, you got her, she can't catch you, you're faster than her, go, go, run!" Nothing "really" mean or offense, yet actually there is. And the pressure that your daughter is under to succeed, and how she feels when the opponent kicks it up a notch (cuz you've p-ed her off) and actually beats your daughter to the ball.

A little extreme maybe, but I like the comment about the "golf clapping". Maybe not such a bad idea.

Comment

Alot of refs sure as hell are not in it for the love of the game . Alot of them use it as a second job and feel they have the power to yap in the kids ear over something after the play was over all the way down the field , why ? So when these ahole refs quit with the bs , then just maybe most of us will ease up on them :!: But if it's too tough for them and can't handle us yelling when they make a bad call , go GET A NEW PART TIME JOB OR LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT because we will not ease up \:D/

Have a nice day \:D/

Comment

I can handle getting a throw in mixed up, but what about when the ref is losing control of the game and not calling fouls. Don't you have a right to voice your displeasure when your kid is getting hacked and the ref is not making calls to ensure the safety of the players?
                          Have you ever attended a game where voicing one's displeasure helped the situation? Typically a seasoned, knowledgable coach will sometimes calmly and professionally take an official aside and say something, but sometimes that doesn't even help.

Soccer can be a "contact" sport. You'll achieve more by encouraging your athlete to avoid situations (did your child get fouled because he/she's antagonizing/insulting the opponent?)

If you strongly feel the match was mishandled...request the name(s) of the officials, find someone who taped the game, and send an official complaint to the league.
                          WE PAY THEM , SO WE WILL DEAL WITH IT RIGHT THERE ! WE AREN'T SENDING ANYTHING TO ANYONE AND THEY WILL LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT . THE REFS ARE THE ONES CRYING , SO MAYBE THEY NEED TO TAPE THE GAME AND USE IN TRAINING CLASSES ON WHAT NOT TO DO AS A REF ?

Comment

Originally posted by To Bad
                            Alot of refs sure as hell are not in it for the love of the game . Alot of them use it as a second job and feel they have the power to yap in the kids ear over something after the play was over all the way down the field , why ? So when these ahole refs quit with the bs , then just maybe most of us will ease up on them :!: But if it's too tough for them and can't handle us yelling when they make a bad call , go GET A NEW PART TIME JOB OR LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT because we will not ease up \:D/

I have 2 teenage kids that ref in many youth games, if you think that $25 gives you the right to rip into then you have a bigger problem with your life!! Next time you decide to bully some kid, PLEASE pray that I am not there, because we will see in front fo all your friends and family just how much of a man you really are !!
                            Deal with that!!
                            Have a nice day
                            :smileybird:

Comment

I have 2 teenage kids that ref in many youth games, if you think that $25 gives you the right to rip into then you have a bigger problem with your life!! Next time you decide to bully some kid, PLEASE pray that I am not there, because we will see in front fo all your friends and family just how much of a man you really are !!
                              Deal with that!!
                              Have a nice day
                              It's not the $25.00, it is the bad calls. It is not bullying some kid, it is teaching them the correct way to referee. If the refereeing sucks then they should be told by someone or do we just let them think they did a fantastic job? When you screw-up at work someone tells you, I hope.

Comment

Deal with that!!
                                Have a nice day

Mom stop talking like you are a man. These people aren't like daddy, some of them will hit back.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X