Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throwing out fans

At last week's game, one of our parents yelled: "Jesus Christ!!!" after a really bad call.
    The ref threw her out of the game. No warning.
    So she didn't get to see her daughter play.
    Can they do that?

Re: throwing out fans

I hope you are not asking because you feel she was treated unfairly.

Maybe the parents that witnessed that will try to learn how to be have like rational adults.

Unlikely.

Comment

That ref obviously hasn't worked one of our team's games, because most of the parents would get thrown out.

It's absolutely embarrassing how parents, who obviously know NOTHING about the game, yell at the refs and just make themselves look dumb. And they have nothing positive to say to their daughters either, they just yell at them when they mess up. No class.

Comment

I hope that ref is on that stupid U-14G Scouting thread so he/she could throw the idiot out that started that.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
          I hope you are not asking because you feel she was treated unfairly.

Maybe the parents that witnessed that will try to learn how to be have like rational adults.

Unlikely.
          Why is it the parent's fault when he makes a bad call?
          Are we expected to just sit in our seats quietly?

Comment

YES, you idiot. The majority of the refs at this level are kids too. Just shut up, try to enjoy the game, let your kid play and have something positive to say (if that is humanly possible) to your child after the game. Or just don't go.

Comment

I can handle getting a throw in mixed up, but what about when the ref is losing control of the game and not calling fouls. Don't you have a right to voice your displeasure when your kid is getting hacked and the ref is not making calls to ensure the safety of the players?

Comment

Refs pay should be based by how they ref each game ?

Comment

NO, YOU don't. Let your daughters' coach do the arguing. Or bring it up at a meeting that your Club needs to do a better job distributing young referees to certain age groups on game days. The older they (players) get, the more they are going to get hacked. Call or no call and some point they are going to have to learn on their own, you just need to leave them alone.

Comment

I can handle getting a throw in mixed up, but what about when the ref is losing control of the game and not calling fouls. Don't you have a right to voice your displeasure when your kid is getting hacked and the ref is not making calls to ensure the safety of the players?
                    Have you ever attended a game where voicing one's displeasure helped the situation? Typically a seasoned, knowledgable coach will sometimes calmly and professionally take an official aside and say something, but sometimes that doesn't even help.

Soccer can be a "contact" sport. You'll achieve more by encouraging your athlete to avoid situations (did your child get fouled because he/she's antagonizing/insulting the opponent?)

If you strongly feel the match was mishandled...request the name(s) of the officials, find someone who taped the game, and send an official complaint to the league.

Comment

I agree. You owe to your kid to make sure the ref is calling fouls and not allowing players to be injured.

Comment

At last week's game, one of our parents yelled: "Jesus Christ!!!" after a really bad call.
                        The ref threw her out of the game. No warning.
                        So she didn't get to see her daughter play.
                        Can they do that?
                        Maybe she was asking for guidance? Who knows what is in another's heart?

Comment

If the parents complain out the the ref it will help their team get the calls. You see this all the time in the NBA or NFL where the coach will argue knowing that he will not get the call reversed, but that it will help them get the next call.

If the parents yell when a foul is not called, the ref will be more inclined to call the next one, same thing for offsides. Sometimes if the ref is not a 100% sure and will wait for someone to call out the offense before they do themselves. I have seen many a times where someone calls out hand ball and the ref calls it where he would not have otherwise.

Parents should yell and cheer, but it should be kept under control. It is ok to yell out your disagreement, but it should not involve foul language. You also have to drop it after about 20 seconds of yelling. I think you have a right to get involved in the game as long as you do not go overboard. We are not supposed to sit in the stands and be robots.

Comment

Are there any set rules or guidlines for tossing a coach? I have seen games were coach is completely out of line and nothing is done. I have also seen coaches tossed for yelling out to the referree and it was borderline if even a warning was warranted.

Comment

It all appears very subjective to me.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X