What’s wrong with Soccer in Florida

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO there are too many clubs that have individuals trying to make a living off of club soccer. Certainly upper level clubs should, and need, full time employees and DOCs. But it seems there are way too many organizations that have individuals just looking to get paid. The talent level is high in S. FL and there is no shortage of talented players. I think the issue is selfish individuals that simply aren’t good at managing club soccer programs.

Comment

Soccer down here won’t be fixed by Beckham , Jerome or anyone

Comment

unfortunately you are right

Comment

Used

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I totally agree.
          I see these coaches with inflated egos ruining lives and thinking they are stars
          Yes, sleeping with a mother of a child, saying her kid is like his own taking the SUV and borrowing money as well saying it is all about the kids when it is all about their own kid and leaving just like that.

Comment

Weston is the best club in Florida, and they'll be competitive against any club in the country. Some teams will even do well in European tournaments.

Comment

spoiled rich white kids and small spanish kids = one big pile of ****e

Soooo, by your comment it appears that poor, big, African american kids are the answer? Racist much?

Comment

Weston is the best club in Florida, and they'll be competitive against any club in the country. Some teams will even do well in European tournaments.
                Crack parent adding in their two cents.

Comment

The current wave of consolidation creating these mega club monopolies need to be stopped, it takes away our rights to choose based on what we think is best for our children . It empowers these clubs to treat our children like property and trade them between affiliates like slaves while they take our money . They are only growing numbers and lining their pockets not improving their training or developing the players
                  Consolidation also kills development that is the product of competition between individual independent clubs.
                  We must starve these monsters and allow them to break up or die

Comment

There are alot things wrong with soccer in Florida - but is it really any different here than somewhere else? I grew up playing soccer in MN and my kid plays here in Florida and I see the same problems here as I did 30 years ago in MN. Poor coaching - coaches only care and focus on the star players and don't hold them accountable for making their teammates better and allowing them to play selfish (not pass - hogging the ball) Coaches also don't allow the lesser skilled players enough playing time to get better because everything is based on winning and not development and I mean this for the U12 and lower kids - Also 30 years ago we practiced 5 nights a week plus a Saturday game, now your lucky if you get 3 practices in a week plus a game and get charged a high dollar amount. Then you have the club D.O.C. does any club have a decent D.O.C. ?? Highly doubtful! Then you have too many different clubs to choose from - god forbid we all get along and just have one club per city with multiple teams and levels for all children! I know I know money talks in Florida! Then there are the parents good grief parents shut up and let the kids play. I live on the left coast of Florida and the parents are fairly decent - east coast - forget about it! Yes I know the skill of soccer blows the west coast out of the water but does that mean the parents have to be so disgusting and nasty? I dunno its just my two cents - keep the peace parents - our children are watching us....
                    It’s all sh it in Florida don’t kid yourself. It’s disgutingly bad.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X