Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Kaptiva is doing well in the FSPL First Division. Unfortunately they didn't qualify for the Premier Division because they didn't make the Rd of 16 in State Cup last year. They didn't even make it out of a somewhat easy looking Group in Round 1. Perhaps the team had some injuries or other issues that kept them from advancing?

The good news is that if they win the First Division this year, they will be moved up to the Premier Division next year, and have their shot at playing against some of the best FYSA teams in their age group at U18.
    They didnt win First Division so they arent going to Premier next year. Elite Black beat you hands down and will be going to Premier.

Comment

I know. Team Boca? Real Miami? They are terrible. I am from Key Biscayne and will tell you we should not be advancing. Elite Black is the teal deal. They handed us our asses. We got lucky on a free kick, corner and a really weak penalty kickat the last minute of the game. Bravo to them. Its unfortunate.
      I guess they were not the real deal last two weekends.lol That clearly shows how weak is FSPL 1st Division was. That doesn't say alot when you barely beat a awful FL Elite Tallahassee team.

Comment

Actually is better, with less spots in 1st Round. You weed out most of the bad teams. Don't be mad your son/team is staying HOME!
        Are you kidding me? Celtic, Cape Coral, Boca United Pre Academy, Davie United? These are the teams that should have been Weeded out. Our bracket was GPS West, Key Biscayne and Elite Black all in one. We were the underdog, Florida Elite Tallahassee. Celtic, Big Sun Ocala, Sunrise and Cape Coral all in one bracket. Celtic, Ocala and Cape Coral were some of the worst teams in FSPL First Division not even Premier. Definitely not putting the best teams forward. FYSA needs to do A LOT of work to get this right.

Comment

I guess they were not the real deal last two weekends.lol That clearly shows how weak is FSPL 1st Division was. That doesn't say alot when you barely beat a awful FL Elite Tallahassee team.
          They didnt beat them they tied. But they beat them in the season 4-1. My understanding is that their goalkeeper gave up two soft goals in the first minute of the game and it was purely one sided after that but couldnt put anymore away.

Comment

Are you kidding me? Celtic, Cape Coral, Boca United Pre Academy, Davie United? These are the teams that should have been Weeded out. Our bracket was GPS West, Key Biscayne and Elite Black all in one. We were the underdog, Florida Elite Tallahassee. Celtic, Big Sun Ocala, Sunrise and Cape Coral all in one bracket. Celtic, Ocala and Cape Coral were some of the worst teams in FSPL First Division not even Premier. Definitely not putting the best teams forward. FYSA needs to do A LOT of work to get this right.

There is a word for that...draw dumb@$$

Comment

They didnt beat them they tied. But they beat them in the season 4-1. My understanding is that their goalkeeper gave up two soft goals in the first minute of the game and it was purely one sided after that but couldnt put anymore away.

Key Biscayne barely beat FL Elite Tallahassee but for Elite to tie FL Elite is unacceptable is they are that good. I guess we will never know. Maybe next year dad/mom.

Comment

I give you that, Group D & G was very weak compared to your Group.

Comment

Elite Black beat Team Boca in League play 3-1, West Florida Flames 3-0 at Disney, Tied coral Estates at Weston 2-2, beat Hobe Sound Prep 1-0, Beat Weston Black and Weston Academy Reserves in League play 2-0 and 2-1. Not complaining, but they have proven they can play with the top teams. We had a rough couple games in First Round but the only goals scored on us in the final two games against Key Biscayne and GPS were two Penalty Kicks, a free kick just outside the box and a corner kick. We outplayed both teams but unfortunately did not have the luck to finish. Had four off the cross bar and three off the posts. Just an unlucky weekend. ANYONE watching the Florida Elite Tallahassee game could clearly see who the dominant team was. Again just couldnt put it away. We're not whining or complaining. We know we need to score to win but our play was on point.

Comment

Key Biscayne barely beat FL Elite Tallahassee but for Elite to tie FL Elite is unacceptable is they are that good. I guess we will never know. Maybe next year dad/mom.
                    What happen to the coach and players from last years key biscayne team? They were good last year but seem very average this year??

Comment

Elite Black beat Team Boca in League play 3-1, West Florida Flames 3-0 at Disney, Tied coral Estates at Weston 2-2, beat Hobe Sound Prep 1-0, Beat Weston Black and Weston Academy Reserves in League play 2-0 and 2-1. Not complaining, but they have proven they can play with the top teams. We had a rough couple games in First Round but the only goals scored on us in the final two games against Key Biscayne and GPS were two Penalty Kicks, a free kick just outside the box and a corner kick. We outplayed both teams but unfortunately did not have the luck to finish. Had four off the cross bar and three off the posts. Just an unlucky weekend. ANYONE watching the Florida Elite Tallahassee game could clearly see who the dominant team was. Again just couldnt put it away. We're not whining or complaining. We know we need to score to win but our play was on point.

Valid points but someone is!

Comment

You're 100% correct. It was unacceptable to tie Florida Elite Tallahassee. We're not complaining or whining that we didnt go on. We didnt get it done. Bottom line, score goals to win games. We didnt so we find some other things to play here out. We know we have beaten several of the teams who moved on ( Kaptiva, Celtic, Cape Coral, Team Boca, Weston Academy Reserves, West Florida Flames etc) Its unfortunate but we have to live with it. More important things to get mad about.

Comment

Sounds like you peaked a little early. The extra time to practice over the next several weeks should help.

Comment

Valid points but someone is!
                            I dont care who may complain about it, I am the coach of the team and very proud of the boys. Are we the best team out there, no and never have said it. We have played some good competition and have had good and bad outcomes. Our philosophy is STYLE of PLAY. Its unfortunate that we will not be going on but overall had a pretty successful season. This is a fairly new team with only 8 returning players from last year. We rebuilt and now have to look forward to 2020 State Cup. We'll get a better opportunity now that we will be in FSPL Premier Division. First Division was VERY weak as others have said. We had no choice because we had a weak season last year, but the boys pulled it together and now can prove they belong with the top teams. We're just going to have to finish out knowing that most of the teams going through have lost to us in the past and we'll keep working toward next year. Good luck to all that have gone through. Just be glad you werent in the group of death as we were.

Comment

Sounds like you peaked a little early. The extra time to practice over the next several weeks should help.
                              No. Most of these games were recent. We had an issue finishing the past couple weeks. Cant win if we cant score goals. Put 3 quality goals early on Key Biscayne but a week free kick, a corner and a penalty tied it up. GPS was a tie because of a weak pk. If these teams think they got the best of us, so be it, but when parents from the opposing team tell us they didnt deserve the tie, we can walk away with heads held high. Like you said, we now have time to work on what we were lacking.

Comment

I dont care who may complain about it, I am the coach of the team and very proud of the boys. Are we the best team out there, no and never have said it. We have played some good competition and have had good and bad outcomes. Our philosophy is STYLE of PLAY. Its unfortunate that we will not be going on but overall had a pretty successful season. This is a fairly new team with only 8 returning players from last year. We rebuilt and now have to look forward to 2020 State Cup. We'll get a better opportunity now that we will be in FSPL Premier Division. First Division was VERY weak as others have said. We had no choice because we had a weak season last year, but the boys pulled it together and now can prove they belong with the top teams. We're just going to have to finish out knowing that most of the teams going through have lost to us in the past and we'll keep working toward next year. Good luck to all that have gone through. Just be glad you werent in the group of death as we were.

From a coach to a coach...fair enough and well said.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X