Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Goalkeeper mistake is on the coach. There “starting@ goalie is playing D1 next year but coach has decided he is a forward. So he loses quality at go position and really gains nothing at forward. Classic coach overthink.
    Maybe the coach did not decide. Maybe the player decided. From what I have heard, he was a field player who was converted to a keeper. Maybe he wants to be on the field since he is a senior and this is his last opportunity to play on the field.
    BTW, I have seen him score 2 top shelf goals this year already. So nice that defenders threw up their hands and said how can I defend that. So I do think he offers something as a forward because he is a great athlete.
    It is true that he did not challenge Farmington at all.
    I don’t think it is on the coach for allowing the player to pursue his desire. Besides, Hall has no one else who could or would do as well at Forward.

Comment

Goalkeeper mistake is on the coach. There “starting@ goalie is playing D1 next year but coach has decided he is a forward. So he loses quality at go position and really gains nothing at forward. Classic coach overthink.
      I’m sure the forward/GK’s future college coach is thrilled he’s running around on the field risking injury and not facing shots. Kid should be playing Academy for ow and actually readying himself for the next level. HS soccer.....hmpf.

Comment

Maybe the coach did not decide. Maybe the player decided. From what I have heard, he was a field player who was converted to a keeper. Maybe he wants to be on the field since he is a senior and this is his last opportunity to play on the field.
        BTW, I have seen him score 2 top shelf goals this year already. So nice that defenders threw up their hands and said how can I defend that. So I do think he offers something as a forward because he is a great athlete.
        I don’t think it is on the coach for allowing the player to pursue his desire. Besides, Hall has no one else who could or would do as well at Forward.
        Maybe the coach did not decide? Wow.

Comment

No he was not a field player.

Comment

You mean those “elite” defenders from those bad/average teams they played? I’m sure he is a phenomenal athlete but have a hard time believing that they don’t have another forward as good good as a goalie. And now the goalie position went from a strength to a liability against good teams. Can get away with it against bad/average HS teams but not good ones imo. Coach has a responsibility to all the players not just a goalie who wants to play in the field.

Comment

I’m sure the forward/GK’s future college coach is thrilled he’s running around on the field risking injury and not facing shots. Kid should be playing Academy for ow and actually readying himself for the next level. HS soccer.....hmpf.
              Sure, GK never get injured in the net either? Did anyone ever think maybe be wants to play on the field? My GK missed field play terribly when she had to finally make that choice and played on the field whenever she could. Foot skills are also important as a GK. He's a senior. If he's happy playing HS instead of DA it's his choice. People who know nothing about a player shouldn't be critical of his/her choices.

Comment

Sure, GK never get injured in the net either? Did anyone ever think maybe be wants to play on the field? My GK missed field play terribly when she had to finally make that choice and played on the field whenever she could. Foot skills are also important as a GK. He's a senior. If he's happy playing HS instead of DA it's his choice. People who know nothing about a player shouldn't be critical of his/her choices.
                Agree on wanting to play HS. No need to play DA. I don't know this situation, but reading this it sounds like the kid is going to play D1 as keeper in college so he is not ending his goalie career. If every player said I want to play this position or that position it's a slippery slope. You have kids who want the best players at the right positions. Think coach has an obligation to ALL the players to give the team the best chance to win not just satisfy desires. Not fair to other kids. This is not U9 rec soccer. Unless that goalie is the second coming of Mbappe, put him in goal. If he wants to play field, there are plenty of blowout games to do so. If a kid has just decided not to play goalie anymore that's different. But what if another kid said, "I'm not a defender anymore coach. I only play forward." Accommodate that one too?

Comment

I think we should cater to all player and parent requests. To make 'em happy.

Comment

Agree on wanting to play HS. No need to play DA. I don't know this situation, but reading this it sounds like the kid is going to play D1 as keeper in college so he is not ending his goalie career. If every player said I want to play this position or that position it's a slippery slope. You have kids who want the best players at the right positions. Think coach has an obligation to ALL the players to give the team the best chance to win not just satisfy desires. Not fair to other kids. This is not U9 rec soccer. Unless that goalie is the second coming of Mbappe, put him in goal. If he wants to play field, there are plenty of blowout games to do so. If a kid has just decided not to play goalie anymore that's different. But what if another kid said, "I'm not a defender anymore coach. I only play forward." Accommodate that one too?
                    If the defender can play other position well than why not accommodate that change. Keepers must have good foot skills to play at next level. If he’s holding his own as a forward more power to the keeper. There have been a number of US national team keepers who have played forward including Tim Howard, Hope Solo, Tony Meola, and Brad Guzan

Comment

If the defender can play other position well than why not accommodate that change. Keepers must have good foot skills to play at next level. If he’s holding his own as a forward more power to the keeper. There have been a number of US national team keepers who have played forward including Tim Howard, Hope Solo, Tony Meola, and Brad Guzan
                      And what if he can't play it well - or no any better than someone else you could use - and you wind up weaker at one position and no better at another one? That wouldn't make sense unless younger teams for development purpose.

Comment

And what if he can't play it well - or no any better than someone else you could use - and you wind up weaker at one position and no better at another one? That wouldn't make sense unless younger teams for development purpose.
                        If he can’t play it well then he shouldn’t be out there in the field. However keepers are good athletes and modern day keepers have good foot skills. So I doubt that he’s not good. Hope solo and Tim Howard scored a ton of goals

Comment

If he can’t play it well then he shouldn’t be out there in the field. However keepers are good athletes and modern day keepers have good foot skills. So I doubt that he’s not good. Hope solo and Tim Howard scored a ton of goals
                          Of course they are good athletes. No one disputing that. But if you were coaching USMNT and Tim Howard said, "I want to be in the field." you wouldn't put him there regardless of how good his foot skills are. And you would certainly wouldn't do it against your arch rival in a big game.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            i think we should cater to all player and parent requests. To make 'em happy.
                            lmao!!

Comment

Of course they are good athletes. No one disputing that. But if you were coaching USMNT and Tim Howard said, "I want to be in the field." you wouldn't put him there regardless of how good his foot skills are. And you would certainly wouldn't do it against your arch rival in a big game.
                              In high school absolutely. His high school coach had no issue. And he went pro right out of high school

Comment

Perspective ...

https://www.app.com/story/sports/soc...lete/10713783/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X