X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2338318]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

It's about moving players up and down same age A/B/C teams, not different ages (although some clubs will also pull in age appropriate players who are primarily playing up in age just to help with a win).
    Not true to win. I'm with FSA and have seen it on the ulittle boys and girls side but this is done when players are missing from the original roster or cant attend a game or tournament. As an outsider you might see it as being used to win because those elite players clearly stand out but its usually to bolster a thin roster in terms of numbers.

Comment

This must be a U Little problem. FSA doesnt move players at the HS ages. They are not goibg to pull down an NPL kid to win a State game or an ECNL kid to win an NPL game.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2338347]

Not true to win. I'm with FSA and have seen it on the ulittle boys and girls side but this is done when players are missing from the original roster or cant attend a game or tournament. As an outsider you might see it as being used to win because those elite players clearly stand out but its usually to bolster a thin roster in terms of numbers.
        I'm not an outsider. My kid was on the FSA team where it was happening and it was happening when the normal team had plenty of players showing up as it was (like 2X the needed amount).

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2338364]

I'm not an outsider. My kid was on the FSA team where it was happening and it was happening when the normal team had plenty of players showing up as it was (like 2X the needed amount).
          My kid played NPL at FSA. Our coach also had an ECNL team. We played a league game and our coach couldn't make it because of ECNL obligations, so another coach "guest coached." She brought five of her players with her, started them and played them very meaningful minutes. And, we lost. But, oh, our team got lots of experience sitting on the bench watching kids from a different team play in their place.

Yeah, FSA did that.

Comment

I wrote the post and stand behind what I said as the truth. Playing elite kids on the navy kid etc simply to win a game/tournament was something I heard about in regards to FSA many years ago. It kept us away from there for the first couple of kids looking to play premier. And it would have driven us away if it was my kid getting the 25% playing time. Maybe every coach doesn't do that but between what I saw for a few years and the rumors from other parents, it seems like it happens with some regularity.
            It's not as blatant as you say, but let's just say the A team's top 5 or 6 certainly kids get opportunities to play (or practice with)on other teams that the B kids do not.

Comment

This must be a U Little problem. FSA doesnt move players at the HS ages. They are not goibg to pull down an NPL kid to win a State game or an ECNL kid to win an NPL game.
              Right. Last year EF took several players that she basically immediately dispatched to the play predominantly NPL games.

Comment

For the clubs that run multiple teams in different leagues at the same age it must be nearly impossible to "break out" and make the jump up once you are allocated to a team. I can only see the "better " kids being afforded the opportunity of more touches and games and being put on the weaker squads to pad the win/loss ratio.

If your kid is "stuck" on a B team and they are good enough to play A, but there arent any slots (due to politics, favoritism, or whatever, and thats what it is really about at that point) left, you will basically need to find a new club if you want to move up.

Dont let the club make the decisions for you. Just start showing your kid around to other clubs, if they are strong they will get taken, no problem. It is a lot easier for a club to take an "outsider" and drop a homegrown, than to relegate a homegrown and promote from within. The anguish and crying and disbelief by the parents is too much drama. Much easier to just replace them with a kid from somewhere else. that said, your kid had better be good or you burn the bridge at the current club.

As soon as a kid walks on the field at a new/different club, EVERYONE knows. All the kids know each other and instagram blows up. Not to mention the junge telegraph of the parents on the sidelines start texting each other...... "hey, that kid from XXX just showed up, you know hes looking around" That blows up fast, hahaha.

Comment

It's not as blatant as you say, but let's just say the A team's top 5 or 6 certainly kids get opportunities to play (or practice with)on other teams that the B kids do not.
                  was at OW last year, this happens ALOT! top 3-4 girls geeting extra practice sessions with other boys and girls teams while all the other girls get one training a week in the winter. they do it for them so they can improve. image if the other girls got the extra sessions too i assume they would improve also?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

was at OW last year, this happens ALOT! top 3-4 girls geeting extra practice sessions with other boys and girls teams while all the other girls get one training a week in the winter. they do it for them so they can improve. image if the other girls got the extra sessions too i assume they would improve also?!?!?!?!?!
                    it happens at a lot of clubs and is complete bullshyte.

Comment

The better players SHOULD get more opportunity to train with better competition. Not every student is capable of taking AP classes. It's not how it works.

Comment

The better players SHOULD get more opportunity to train with better competition. Not every student is capable of taking AP classes. It's not how it works.
                        The problem is it can be very arbitrary. When you have a clear stud, it is right for them to get some opportunity to be challenged more. Unfortunately what I have seen is that coaches will select favorites based on a million reasons. The kid is someone they brought into the club, or the kid's dad is on the board, or they have an older sibling at the club. Then the back channel parent begging.

If it was a case where clear top kid was getting extra that would be one thing but it is often just connected BS, which makes parents crazy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2338347]

clearly you have no clue

Comment

so very, very true. You have definitely been there, as have I. How about a kids dad brings 10 teams to train indoors every winter. Just saying I know whos getting play time and put in the spotlight, regardless of quality. if you actually look, the nonsense is evident.

The problem is it can be very arbitrary. When you have a clear stud, it is right for them to get some opportunity to be challenged more. Unfortunately what I have seen is that coaches will select favorites based on a million reasons. The kid is someone they brought into the club, or the kid's dad is on the board, or they have an older sibling at the club. Then the back channel parent begging.

If it was a case where clear top kid was getting extra that would be one thing but it is often just connected BS, which makes parents crazy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2338379]

My kid played NPL at FSA. Our coach also had an ECNL team. We played a league game and our coach couldn't make it because of ECNL obligations, so another coach "guest coached." She brought five of her players with her, started them and played them very meaningful minutes. And, we lost. But, oh, our team got lots of experience sitting on the bench watching kids from a different team play in their place.

Yeah, FSA did that.
                              Let's not forget FSA's biggest blunder - cancelling ECNL teams for the FL showcase, then bumping NPL teams from Jeff Cup to try and make up for the college exposure lost in the FL decision. NPL teams went to a much lesser event in MA. Why B team parents put up with that kind of treatment is beyond me.

Comment

agreed, but if the every day students gets the extra attention just like better students they to could take AP classes. its the behind the door BS of the OW parents that drive the extra attention.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X