• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is the coach's name?

Comment

He’s got a “B” License. Does that mean anything? What’s your take on coaches w/ higher licenses vs coaches w/ lower licenses?

Comment

True

It's a piece of paper... doesn't mean he is a good judge of talent or a good judge on how to improve kods.

Comment

Name?

Is this who you are talking about? http://westonfc.org/marcelo-valdivia/

Comment

Yeah

Is this who you are talking about? http://westonfc.org/marcelo-valdivia/
            Yes, that is the coach who talked to us.

Comment

Not good 👎🏻

Comment

Not good 👎🏻
                Why is he no good? My kid just got offered spot with this team as well. you got me sweating now

Comment

For the

Why is he no good? My kid just got offered spot with this team as well. you got me sweating now
                  For the reasons already outlined. The judgement of what is good and is not good is pretty bad... the opposite of how most coaches see it. That would be ok except his record against the exact same opponents for both teams he coached was worse at the end of the year than at the beginning.

His vision of what is happening on the field also appears to be compromised. Now that someone posted he wasnt a player, it makes sense now...it is unbelievable that Weston would hire a paper to coach their second 2007 and top 2008 teams. They need to hire someone with real experience and vision.

I suggest going to a proven coach for your young son to be trained properly...not to an unproven coach who coaches for a reputable club. Your son will not improve as rapidly as he would elsewhere, and next year, you will regret your decision to play for him.

Comment

In

In all seriousness, while I understand this site lacks credibility with the bashing, it is very likely your son will be better off wherever he is now. This particular coach has a poor track record of developing players, which makes sense once you see first hand what he thinks is good. My son left a year ago, and we have not looked back. His game has improved tremendously. I attribute the improvement to better coaching. You should think very hard before you put your son in a situation of losing a year...and that is likely what the year with him would be, a lost year.

Comment

Agreed

In all seriousness, while I understand this site lacks credibility with the bashing, it is very likely your son will be better off wherever he is now. This particular coach has a poor track record of developing players, which makes sense once you see first hand what he thinks is good. My son left a year ago, and we have not looked back. His game has improved tremendously. I attribute the improvement to better coaching. You should think very hard before you put your son in a situation of losing a year...and that is likely what the year with him would be, a lost year.
                      I agree. This coach is no good. His good teams suck when he is done with them. Then, he looks for players trained by other coaches to screw them up too. Don't let your son go there. No good.

Comment

My son played with coach Marcelo this year and got better. Your only as good as you wanna be

Comment

Nice

My son played with coach Marcelo this year and got better. Your only as good as you wanna be
                          That is good to hear. How about the team as a whole and did he improve on pace with similar kids playing for other good coaches? And the team?

Comment

Answer this then.... if the coach did a good job why instead of promoting the players from this PA team to DA they had to fill the DA roster with all new players from other clubs?
                            Something is completely wrong!

Comment

What???

Answer this then.... if the coach did a good job why instead of promoting the players from this PA team to DA they had to fill the DA roster with all new players from other clubs?
                              Something is completely wrong!
                              Is this true? How did he take a team that beat an undefeated Doral team in the beginning of the season and make them so bad? Clearly, something is wrong. If this is true, why would I send my son there for this coach and program. That is terrible.

Comment

Weston ⚠️Boys DA Offers Girl Spot and Other Political Nonsense

This is a post from another thread related to the same team.
                                Weston Boys DA Offers Girl Spot and Other Political Nonsense

Weston 2008 DA for 2018 to 19 season offers 2 Doral players, despite the 2008 PreAcademy team beating the Doral team, spot in DA before offering any spots to its own players. One of those 2 is a girl who plays for Doral.

This will be for the 2007 DA even though they are 2008 and even though other than the game where Weston beat Doral, the 2 players have not had to tryout against any of Weston's own players.

This is why my son plays for another club. What is happening at Weston is clear political garbage and before anyone invests time and money in that program, it is best they know the truth about how Weston treats it's own. It clearly is better to train harder elsewhere and later step in to the DA if that's what you want...but be careful, playing for Weston early on may preclude your kid from advancement within the club.

It also suggests that the training is subpar if the other clubs' players improve so much during the season after losing to Weston that those other players get invited to the DA over Weston's own players.

If you are considering anything less than the actual DA, dont fo to Weston unless your kid can walk to practice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X