BS is BS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not only not of DA quality all the kids on the other U12 & U13 teams know what a carpshow BS has become so none of them are looking to move over so where will they recruit from?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      New kids come in every year, relax. Still lots of interest in playing DA, especially at older ages. Younger ages not that important, maybe a third of those kids makes it to u19 team.
      Sure there is ..... FREE is always good .... oh wait, it's BS and close to several FREE options in and around NYC ..... GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

Comment

How?? Especially if their up and coming age groups cannot perform?? Look at their younger Academy teams, U12 & U13 are tanking, it won't get better next year for either of them or the new U12's. How long will they be able to hold onto that badge like this?
        USSF rarely sanctions anyone let alone boots clubs out of the system. Right now they're too busy trying to save GDA to pay any attention to BDA. So, for now BS keeps the badge. Like PT Barnum said, there's a sucker born every minute and Fairfield County has lots of suckers with big bank accounts. If BS had been based elsewhere they would really be struggling. But their core group of customers will happily write checks to try and get Colton and Ella ahead in the game of life. It's true of soccer, academics, test prep...

Comment

USSF rarely sanctions anyone let alone boots clubs out of the system. Right now they're too busy trying to save GDA to pay any attention to BDA. So, for now BS keeps the badge. Like PT Barnum said, there's a sucker born every minute and Fairfield County has lots of suckers with big bank accounts. If BS had been based elsewhere they would really be struggling. But their core group of customers will happily write checks to try and get Colton and Ella ahead in the game of life. It's true of soccer, academics, test prep...
          Rarely, but this badge was already in question and BS was supposed to correct the situation ..... it stabilized for a few years but now seems to be in peril again. I would be that this badge is being scrutinized ..... if not for poor performance, then because there are simply too many DA clubs in that location (especially one that is as high-priced as BS).

Comment

Rarely, but this badge was already in question and BS was supposed to correct the situation ..... it stabilized for a few years but now seems to be in peril again. I would be that this badge is being scrutinized ..... if not for poor performance, then because there are simply too many DA clubs in that location (especially one that is as high-priced as BS).
            I dunno - their 16/17 (4th of 13) and 18/19 (5th of 10) teams are doing fine. Anyone really think USSDA looks at U12-15 performance? They're going to lose a badge over that? Maybe the lack of long term home fields is a more credible reason, especially given what NYSC and FCW have done recently, but who knows.

Comment

I dunno - their 16/17 (4th of 13) and 18/19 (5th of 10) teams are doing fine. Anyone really think USSDA looks at U12-15 performance? They're going to lose a badge over that? Maybe the lack of long term home fields is a more credible reason, especially given what NYSC and FCW have done recently, but who knows.
              It's still early in the season and things will change. Middle of the pack in a weak conference also is nothing to crow about.

Comment

If USSF cared about quality I'd agree. But they don't. It's all about market share in terms of clubs and players. Believe it or not there are clubs worse than BS and they're not at risk either. BS's biggest issue is questionable finances and what happened with the facility money.

Comment

Our daughter was at Beachside last year and it was a nightmare. We left after I heard the coach telling her that she was ugly and that she is not playing well because all that she is doing is thinking about boys. Our daughter was 11 years old at the time

Comment

Our daughter was at Beachside last year and it was a nightmare. We left after I heard the coach telling her that she was ugly and that she is not playing well because all that she is doing is thinking about boys. Our daughter was 11 years old at the time
                    That can't be true. Please say it's a bad joke.

Comment

If USSF cared about quality I'd agree. But they don't. It's all about market share in terms of clubs and players. Believe it or not there are clubs worse than BS and they're not at risk either. BS's biggest issue is questionable finances and what happened with the facility money.
                      USSF has stripped clubs of their older teams. This is the fate of BS

Comment

No, it is not and the team manager, JS, defends this behavior and when I asked her about it and challenged her on it, she became very defensive and made sure that I knew that she went to Yale, was a professor at Yale, and was now a doctor. After that we just left.

Comment

In the end....

As this story continues to unfold, and the older ages AGE OUT, and the younger DA teams take the U-15+ stage, there is one for sure result.

Beachside will leave the DA. They'll leave the DA because families won't sign up to lose all year, and pay what will surely become 5-6k.

They'll leave because they'll become the dominant PREMIER go to Club, as the other DA clubs take over the DA in the area.

They'll leave because IF they do gravitate North, they'll not get the $ they need to pay for the program.

U-13 (no longer U-little) is a good example of what is happening. They are 0-5 and have a game this weekend. They could end up going to NC East DA showcase, and be 0-6, and get their clocks cleaned there in 4 games, coming home 0-10. With a few games after that to play against decent/good DA teams, they could finish the fall 0-12, and families having spent 4k for the year, oh and another 1k for going to NC.

Ladies and gentlemen, nothing is a bigger disaster

I heard their U-13 coach was sanctioned by the club for telling the players that they didn't deserve clean clothes because they kept losing.

Its a storybook ENDING....

Comment

No, it is not and the team manager, JS, defends this behavior and when I asked her about it and challenged her on it, she became very defensive and made sure that I knew that she went to Yale, was a professor at Yale, and was now a doctor. After that we just left.
                            I bet she likes beer too

Comment

Was the coach FZ?

Comment

USSF has stripped clubs of their older teams. This is the fate of BS
                                Met oval.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X