Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer Shots

I just took a short cut home by some local soccer fields and it was an absolute mob seen. Cars double-parked, streets clogged, people directing traffic. I thought for sure it must be some local tournament because the fields were packed but the kids were very young.

I saw a sign for "Soccer Shots Parking" so I googled Soccer Shots.

https://www.soccershots.org/pinellascounty/about/

We've had kids in the sport for more than 10 years and I've have never heard of this. I can tell you that by the looks of this event they are on to something. There were a ton of people there (kids, parents, grandparents) on a Friday night at 7 PM.

The future of the sport looks bright based on what I saw.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just took a short cut home by some local soccer fields and it was an absolute mob seen. Cars double-parked, streets clogged, people directing traffic. I thought for sure it must be some local tournament because the fields were packed but the kids were very young.

We've had kids in the sport for more than 10 years and I've have never heard of this. I can tell you that by the looks of this event they are on to something. There were a ton of people there (kids, parents, grandparents) on a Friday night at 7 PM.

LMAO. Nice one Corey. Are you taking advertising and marketing lessons from Alan Hough? Trolling on TS to promote your business?

"I just took a short cut home..." Nice transition. You must be "on to something."

Hahahaha.

Comment

LMAO. Nice one Corey. Are you taking advertising and marketing lessons from Alan Hough? Trolling on TS to promote your business?

"I just took a short cut home..." Nice transition. You must be "on to something."

Hahahaha.
      Huh? OP here, I have no idea what you're talking about. You're saying I didn't take a short cut home?

Comment

This sounds like a desperate attempt at promoting a business.

At least come up with a decent story. "An absolute mob scene...". Come on! Seriously, it's time to hire a marketing firm.

Comment

Huh? OP here, I have no idea what you're talking about. You're saying I didn't take a short cut home?
          And coincidentally respond only 20 minutes after your OP? Come on dude. We're not the brightest of society on TS, but we're not that stupid.

Comment

Soccer Shots - Great Start for Kids to Enjoy Soccer

I started my daughter in the Soccer Shots program when she was 6yo. Soccer Shots is a Fantastic place to introduce your child into the sport of soccer.
            The coaches have Incredible patience, great attitude and enjoy showing kids how to enjoy Soccer. Remember - Sports are supposed to be Fun!

Comment

Yes, why wouldn't you take the short cut everyday home?

Comment

I enjoy the extra minutes on my commute while listening to my audio books on how to market a small business.

Comment

I started my daughter in the Soccer Shots program when she was 6yo. Soccer Shots is a Fantastic place to introduce your child into the sport of soccer.
                  The coaches have Incredible patience, great attitude and enjoy showing kids how to enjoy Soccer. Remember - Sports are supposed to be Fun!
                  Fun doesn't work when you want your kids to learn and win.

Keep supporting the clowns in soccer shots. I feel bad for the coaches that will coach them later on. FML

Comment

Yes, why wouldn't you take the short cut everyday home?
                    OP here. Because it floods this time of year. Low lying area in Pinellas County.

It's funny as I was writing that original post I was thinking, "this is probably way too positive for TS" and several of the cynical, bitter regulars on TS will have to blast this post. Sure enough, I knew I could count on you cynical, bitter regulars to chime in.

I have no affiliation with Soccer Shots and my last kid is about to age out of youth soccer at the end of this season. I wrote that post because it was great to see a ton of really young kids kicking the ball around on a Friday night.

I forgot that nothing positive can be posted on T.S. You can resume your bashing of anything and everything.

Comment

Soccer tots

Its rec ball, don't waste your time.

Comment

Soccer/Shots would have got more attention from the drunken parents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X