Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mother day and I have to deal with a crying child who has know idea if they made the team or not. Way to go Thorns. Just call tell my daughter the truth and post the list you gutless cowards!
    If you haven't received the "to accept your invitation" email, I'm afraid they news is bad

Comment

I don't understand this thread. We were at tryouts and my daughter accepted a spot already. None of this is true.
      We didn't have the same experience. What are you referring to and what age group? We just want to know. Offer her or don't so we can move on! It's Mother's Day for crying out loud and this is torture.

Comment

We didn't have the same experience. What are you referring to and what age group? We just want to know. Offer her or don't so we can move on! It's Mother's Day for crying out loud and this is torture.
        What age group? 99/00's concluded yesterday. So they will be posted today I'd imagine.

Comment

If you haven't received the "to accept your invitation" email, I'm afraid they news is bad
          Don't listen to this poster. Consider yourself lucky. This entire Thorns thing is going to fail. Clubs are already starting to resent the GDA for pilaging their programs. Thought this was for to 2% of kids not anyone who can "send it"! Plus completely destroying their social life, forget any positive HS experiences.

Again consider yourself lucky!

Comment

Actually mr smarty pants, this is not true. Read their application to keep college eligibility for the players. I know it's pending but worst case scenario they will just charge the 9500 extra on the back end if the judge rules against it.
            The pyramid ends with professional team. School is less a priority.

Comment

The pyramid ends with professional team. School is less a priority.
              Professional team? How much does a Thorns player make a year? I know people in waste management who have longer careers and make more money. The end game should be about education and experience. Not you all are going to be the next Tobin Heath, who went to college I might add.

Comment

Maybe they will make the big announcement at half time of the Timbers match. Stay tuned!

Comment

It would be really embarrassing to post the best 24 names at the age group and have 19 say no thank you.

Comment

It would be really embarrassing to post the best 24 names at the age group and have 19 say no thank you.
                    That's why the delay. They won't post until they can list a roster of only girls that accepted their spot. Marketing 101.

Comment

If waiting for this information is ruining your Mother's Day I feel really sad for you and your child(ren).

Comment

That's why the delay. They won't post until they can list a roster of only girls that accepted their spot. Marketing 101.
                        Indeed. They learned a hard lesson with the "youngers" when many on the list turned down their spots. In the 03' group they are likely being held hostage by a large group of TS players who want to play high school. Without this core group, they will be flat awful and the group knows it.

Comment

If waiting for this information is ruining your Mother's Day I feel really sad for you and your child(ren).
                          Probably said by a Dad. Tryouts can be nerve wracking. If there's something my daughter really wants, I feel her pain while she waits to find out. I get what she's saying. It's probably not ruining the day, but I'm sure her daughters stress puts a little cloud on the day.

Comment

Thorns missed the Marketing 101 course because a few of the players listed will not end up at the Thorns Academy.

I don't think they have 11 names for the older age group which is why it is not listed yet.

Comment

Lots of girls did not accept positions. Racing to get supplemental bodies together. It's difficult.

Comment

Lots of girls did not accept positions. Racing to get supplemental bodies together. It's difficult.
                                When you really consider giving up your high school experience it makes going in the the DA warehouse and locking the door less attractive. Some kids don't care and want soccer to dominate their lives but the top athletes typically enjoy playing multiple sports and don't want to give up all that the program asks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X