• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of them

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      All of them
      All coaches quit their team mid-year and then start recruiting some from that team plus kids from other teams in order to create some eleven year old fantasy team? I don't think so. It's frowned upon to recruit half way through the development year.

Comment

They will be meeting in the semi-finals. Someone had the bright idea that to save one of the Seattle teams travel costs, Copa and Navy will play one semifinal, and WPFC and Crossfire Premier would play the other, the latter game to be played in the Seattle area. The two winners will meet for the finals at Harmony Sports Complex.

Of course, nobody cared about saving the Oregon teams travel costs to the group games....

Game is tentatively scheduled for the 15th (Wednesday night!!!), location TBD.

The game will be on February 15th at 6:30pm at Sunset High School.
        Very odd the Seattle teams did not stick with the seedings, but one of these two teams will play in the NWCL Final on February 26th at 12:15pm at Harmony. Good Luck to both squads!

Comment

The game will be on February 15th at 6:30pm at Sunset High School.
          Very odd the Seattle teams did not stick with the seedings, but one of these two teams will play in the NWCL Final on February 26th at 12:15pm at Harmony. Good Luck to both squads!
          What is the line currently?

Comment

"Pick'em" with an O/U of 2? 😁

Comment

Fifty yards punting average from the FC kicke.. er, keeper.

Comment

Fc dad creaming

Just think, only 3 more days until you can talk s@&t anonymously again

Comment

Just think, only 3 more days until you can talk s@&t anonymously again
                  Why wait?

Comment

Fifty yards punting average from the FC kicke.. er, keeper.
                    Every time you complain about punting I laugh out loud.
                    1) It's an issue for them because they are giving a 50/50 ball rather than trying to build. Win the ball back and attack. More chances to beat FC.
                    2) Keepers punting or putting it on the grass and kicking it long is part of the game. I've never watched any level of soccer where the keeper isn't sending it deep.
                    3) If you don't like punting, put it in the back of the net. Problem solved!
                    That kid is a good keeper for this age group and he's big. These boys are still playing on a smaller field in smaller nets. Next year with 11v11 on the bigger field and bigger goals I don't think the tactic will be as effective - well unless you're not winning 50/50s.
                    I think the dumb heading rule for these boys this year plays into the punt, but it is what it is.
                    I don't like it either but it won't work next year, so take solice in that.

Comment

Won't the 05 FCPDX team be playing 9v9 again in DA? Same with Westside Timbers? Crossfire? Or will the stronger players move to 11v11 and play Premiere in OYSA?

Comment

Won't the 05 FCPDX team be playing 9v9 again in DA? Same with Westside Timbers? Crossfire? Or will the stronger players move to 11v11 and play Premiere in OYSA?
                        Westside may send their strongest to OYSA, but don't think any of the other DA clubs will.

Comment

That's too bad. They will spend a year with their same club coaches but playing 9v9 again against Westside Samba, WA Timbers, BSC and Crossfire while the other kids are playing 11v11 and competing for State Cup and Regionals. Than they can learn 11v11 in 8th grade.

Comment

That's too bad. They will spend a year with their same club coaches but playing 9v9 again against Westside Samba, WA Timbers, BSC and Crossfire while the other kids are playing 11v11 and competing for State Cup and Regionals. Than they can learn 11v11 in 8th grade.
                            Not sure what "they" refers to, but the idea that WT will move this year's 05 Samba team into the DA next year, while keeping Copa in OYSA, is quite amusing.

(At least last year, 04 kids who want to try out for the DA tried out for the DA, those that didn't want to or didn't make the DA team could try out for the OYSA teams, and were assigned to squads based on their performance).

Comment

DA, RTC, Premier Team.
                              What's a kid to choose? All my son wants is to get better with the best competition. So where will it be next year? I know RTC isn't as "elite" as they make it out to be, but it's eyeballs I guess. My son just wants to play the best to see how he measures up, but all these different teams makes it muddy.

Comment

DA, RTC, Premier Team.
                                What's a kid to choose? All my son wants is to get better with the best competition. So where will it be next year? I know RTC isn't as "elite" as they make it out to be, but it's eyeballs I guess. My son just wants to play the best to see how he measures up, but all these different teams makes it muddy.
                                It's muddy on purpose. Harder to understand means more business opportunities for uneducated 'experts' to run around in track suits.

For boys, DA is the top league in the country.

For girls, ECNL is the top league in the country. Girls DA starts next fall and it is unclear who will win the battle for girls top league.

Some OYSA premier teams can compete with and beat DA and ECNL teams.

RTC and ODP are the old ways to play at the top level and be identified for regional and national teams and get scouted by college coaches. Mostly replaced by DA or ECNL. Still a huge money maker for Timbers/Thorns and the coaches they hire.

Identification for national teams is now done through Training Centers and scouting DA and ECNL games (and a few other rare events).

Some top players do not play in DA or ECNL for various reasons: location, cost, commitment, loyalty to their teams, etc. some of these players do play ODP and RTC for access to a higher level.

There is no doubt that DA and ECNL offer the best leagues. There is no doubt that a few top players do not play in those leagues.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X