Where do you athletes go in the US?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Again. Soccer. In the USA. Sucks. It is filled with weaker athletes that opt into other sports... Football and basketball. I know that's hard to swallow because your weak athlete of a child costs you yearly fees...extra training.....travel and tournament costs...but just because you fork out lots of time and money on your soccer pyramid scam... doesn't mean your kid is a good athlete or that youth soccer...especially in the NW has good athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yeah. Again. Soccer. In the USA. Sucks. It is filled with weaker athletes that opt into other sports... Football and basketball. I know that's hard to swallow because your weak athlete of a child costs you yearly fees...extra training.....travel and tournament costs...but just because you fork out lots of time and money on your soccer pyramid scam... doesn't mean your kid is a good athlete or that youth soccer...especially in the NW has good athletes.
      zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
        Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz look I'm at a Timbers game.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Bump...

Comment

To all who think we need better athletes, hope you got to watch the Japanese women tie our athletic WNT last night. The level of technical prowess combined with excellent teamwork allowed the smaller, slower Japanese team to come out with a 3-3 draw.

No one is saying athleticism is not important. Just that there are even more important things.

Comment

To all who think we need better athletes, hope you got to watch the Japanese women tie our athletic WNT last night. The level of technical prowess combined with excellent teamwork allowed the smaller, slower Japanese team to come out with a 3-3 draw.

No one is saying athleticism is not important. Just that there are even more important things.
              disagree. the only reason the WNT does well is it has the best athletes. it's not because of skill. sorry.

Comment

disagree. the only reason the WNT does well is it has the best athletes. it's not because of skill. sorry.
                and testosterone

Comment

You missed the point... Not surprised.

Comment

Come on Jack ball. The last time these two played and it mattered we smoked them. Don't go judgemental on a friendly... Geez, athleticism with skill beats skill every time. Sorry soccer Guy it's a fact. And our men's team just lost again, get over yourself.

Comment

Come on Jack ball. The last time these two played and it mattered we smoked them. Don't go judgemental on a friendly... Geez, athleticism with skill beats skill every time. Sorry soccer Guy it's a fact. And our men's team just lost again, get over yourself.
                      USWNT has little skill. They do have manliness and that is good enough.

Comment

USWNT has little skill. They do have manliness and that is good enough.
                        Maybe if the men's team had a little they could win also.. Unfortunately it is in short supply for the USA on the men's side. Maybe our ladies should show them how to play like you have some balls.

Comment

You are so right... like the 2011 Women's world cup. Way to take one singular example and make it the rule. You are brilliant.

BTW, I am not saying athleticism with skill doesn't beat skill. I am saying that what we lack in the USMNT is not athleticism, which is the implicit assumption that started this thread. Seriously, how many times did we see our team outrun, out jump, out muscle Colombia. A lot. What is lacking is skill and tactical knowledge.

And back to the Japan example, clearly they are athletic as well if they can hang with the USWNT.

Comment

You are so right... like the 2011 Women's world cup. Way to take one singular example and make it the rule. You are brilliant.

BTW, I am not saying athleticism with skill doesn't beat skill. I am saying that what we lack in the USMNT is not athleticism, which is the implicit assumption that started this thread. Seriously, how many times did we see our team outrun, out jump, out muscle Colombia. A lot. What is lacking is skill and tactical knowledge.

And back to the Japan example, clearly they are athletic as well if they can hang with the USWNT.
                            You must have been watching a different game last night. In my minds eye Columbia was clearly the better team and looked much more confident on the ball. Why because the game was slower for them.
                            Yea 2011 was an anomaly for the women. Japan played great rode an inspirational Tsunami and used a lot of luck. Our best 13 vs there's and it's 5-2. No one is better now than our ladies and they will prove it again in the Olympics.
                            US men need to stop blaming coaching and really work to find better players. Until we have great players no coach is going to do well. Come on watch our team. Bradley on an international scale as our center mid? Funny,,,, Typical for US Soccer though.

Comment

Maybe if the men's team had a little they could win also.. Unfortunately it is in short supply for the USA on the men's side. Maybe our ladies should show them how to play like you have some balls.
                              I agree. The top US women soccer players are half man. It helps on the pitch. At the youth level as well.

Comment

You must have been watching a different game last night. In my minds eye Columbia was clearly the better team and looked much more confident on the ball. Why because the game was slower for them.
                                Yea 2011 was an anomaly for the women. Japan played great rode an inspirational Tsunami and used a lot of luck. Our best 13 vs there's and it's 5-2. No one is better now than our ladies and they will prove it again in the Olympics.
                                US men need to stop blaming coaching and really work to find better players. Until we have great players no coach is going to do well. Come on watch our team. Bradley on an international scale as our center mid? Funny,,,, Typical for US Soccer though.
                                As for the Colombia game, your point is mine as well. What I meant is that the US team was not lacking in athleticism as they were faster, stronger, bigger. The problem for our men was that they lack in skill and tactical awareness, which Colombia has. This allowed Colombia to "clearly be the better team and look much more confident on the ball."

I'm not surprised that you misread... everyone seems to mix comments of superior athleticism with skill.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X