Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I have commented many times in this thread as the parent of a YNT player. I have said its political to the core and many other things. Most people call me a liar !!

The USSF have taken a process that should be open inclusive and about IDing talent as broadly as possible and turned it into a results driven political agenda that is narrowly focused around a handful of kids. Quite a few of whom have ceilings that are not high.

https://www.socceramerica.com/public...-u-17-gir.html

no clue how a kid gets a chance to score this many goals unless you are not playing great teams Or plays a ton of minutes. Are you telling me that you dont already know what she is ? and that you could not use the time looking at alternatives more closely?

its a worrying trend that the balance between casting the net wider and building team chemistry is, to me , skewed in the wrong direction. Fontes looks just like another prolific YNT player Kuhlmann in terms of style and output.

I would gladly have my kid NOT go to these things so others could. I think she gets less from them than people think and frankly loses a lot of time from other important things like school and for ????

The YNT carousel is out of control and i dont see who is benefiting from it. Its too much., too often and not varied enough
    We believe that you are one of the parents of the less than half a dozen local kids on the YNTs and that kids other than your daughter should be taking her place. The parents of the YNT kids don't post here. They don't need to promote their kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We believe that you are one of the parents of the less than half a dozen local kids on the YNTs and that kids other than your daughter should be taking her place. The parents of the YNT kids don't post here. They don't need to promote their kids.
      Think again. And this isnt promoting. I heard no mention of name, club, area, etc.

Comment

anyone who reads my post as promotion is on drugs. here ..THERE ARE BETTER PLAYERS THAN MY DAUGHTER WHO DESERVE A REAL CHANCE ...

is that clear enough for you?

The attitudes of parents is one of the biggest road block to actually getting somewhere.

PS No one said you had to be from the area to post here or have an opinion. Parents of YNT kids 100 pct post here. Problem is people like you dont really seem to read what some write without some snide agenda smh.

Comment

anyone who reads my post as promotion is on drugs. here ..THERE ARE BETTER PLAYERS THAN MY DAUGHTER WHO DESERVE A REAL CHANCE ...

The attitudes of parents is one of the biggest road block to actually getting somewhere.

PS No one said you had to be from the area to post here or have an opinion. Parents of YNT kids 100 pct post here. Problem is people like you dont really seem to read what some write without some snide agenda smh.
          I agree. Thank you for your candor.

Comment

I appreciate your post.

We have nothing against the selected players. Wish them the best. Where we do have a problem is without a doubt the selection process is highly political, and the coaches do not do a good job at assessing players. So now I will support my statement.

If a player is invited to NT camp, they deserve a chance to be seen in every way, shape and form.

1. Some kids don't even get to play their primary position. You are asked about your primary and secondary position prior to coming. Not getting a chance at primary is absurd. Happens a lot.
            2. I have seen players wide open that simply are not fed the ball. This counts against that player but really should count against the players missing the passes. Not one word about it from the coach. Not really sure what he is watching to be honest.
            3. Some players get treated like second class from the very start, the way they're spoken to, the limited time in the matches, to the feedback they get at the end. I would think a new invite should get ample time in some cases to make a complete assessment.
            4. I have seen weaker forwards get matched up in scrimmages with very weak defenders and look great, while stronger forwards got matched up with very strong defenders and only looked okay. Need to switch it up more, get different looks.
            5. The players that get selected are sometimes astonished by the ones not invited back. Ask the players who the stronger talent was, and it's a different story. The players, in most cases, know the talent around them. Why is it vastly different from the coaches?

Comment

There is an easy fix here. Just have your daughter bow out graciously to give someone else an opportunity. Done.

Comment

An easier fix would be for you to go find somewhere else to spend your time and energy. Start living your own life instead of vicarious living through your child.

There is an easy fix here. Just have your daughter bow out graciously to give someone else an opportunity. Done.

Comment

An easier fix would be for you to go find somewhere else to spend your time and energy. Start living your own life instead of vicarious living through your child.
                  Someone's swad his daughter never gets picked when she is so much better than anyone else.

Comment

I appreciate your post.

We have nothing against the selected players. Wish them the best. Where we do have a problem is without a doubt the selection process is highly political, and the coaches do not do a good job at assessing players. So now I will support my statement.

If a player is invited to NT camp, they deserve a chance to be seen in every way, shape and form.

1. Some kids don't even get to play their primary position. You are asked about your primary and secondary position prior to coming. Not getting a chance at primary is absurd. Happens a lot.
                    2. I have seen players wide open that simply are not fed the ball. This counts against that player but really should count against the players missing the passes. Not one word about it from the coach. Not really sure what he is watching to be honest.
                    3. Some players get treated like second class from the very start, the way they're spoken to, the limited time in the matches, to the feedback they get at the end. I would think a new invite should get ample time in some cases to make a complete assessment.
                    4. I have seen weaker forwards get matched up in scrimmages with very weak defenders and look great, while stronger forwards got matched up with very strong defenders and only looked okay. Need to switch it up more, get different looks.
                    5. The players that get selected are sometimes astonished by the ones not invited back. Ask the players who the stronger talent was, and it's a different story. The players, in most cases, know the talent around them. Why is it vastly different from the coaches?

These so called observations are inaccurate and seem more like one man's sour grapes.

1- there are times when they like a player, but she's not good enough at her primary position but has enough good qualities that they think she may be a better fit somewhere else. It's done all the time. No one but the individual player would know the actual story and what the coaches rationale was.

2-youve seen players wide open not get the ball and coach never says a word. While we all see that, that's something that is for sure talked about in the players individual meeting. Everything is taped and the coaches watch everyone's positional clips with them in individual meetings. They don't shout "pass the ball" in games and scrimmages. You would never know what the coach says to another player privately

3- again, you are talking about something you did not witness. Kids are treated with the utmost respect, unless their actions, behavior and attitude cause that to change. Playing time is earned at all levels. If you are showing you don't have what it takes in training, there is little chance they will waste much valuable playing time on confirming what they already see
                    4- weaker players get matched up vs weaker players all the time. If you can't produce vs a weak player, why bother playing you vs someone strong. Playing best on best is what they need to see to evaluate top talent. Results of those matchups should be fairly even.
                    5-. Again, claiming to know things you couldn't possibly know unless you are hacking into teen girls text accounts. I have seen the opposite. Many kids are suprised by who DOES get invited back. You are right, though, the kids know who should be there. That is where the politics come in. Some kids get a look, or several invites on connections. They don't last, but always seem to linger

Comment

1. You didn't read #1. Never even got to play the primary position at all. How would they know that she's not a goof fit at that position?

2. Never once commented on in any meetings. If anything was said privately, it did not change.

3. It was witnessed.

4. You didn't read #4. Read it again. Nothing to do with not performing.

5. Kids talk. Another ridiculous comment.

It gets old that any sort of constructive feedback is about being sour grapes. None here, but the process could improve.

These so called observations are inaccurate and seem more like one man's sour grapes.

1- there are times when they like a player, but she's not good enough at her primary position but has enough good qualities that they think she may be a better fit somewhere else. It's done all the time. No one but the individual player would know the actual story and what the coaches rationale was.

2-youve seen players wide open not get the ball and coach never says a word. While we all see that, that's something that is for sure talked about in the players individual meeting. Everything is taped and the coaches watch everyone's positional clips with them in individual meetings. They don't shout "pass the ball" in games and scrimmages. You would never know what the coach says to another player privately

3- again, you are talking about something you did not witness. Kids are treated with the utmost respect, unless their actions, behavior and attitude cause that to change. Playing time is earned at all levels. If you are showing you don't have what it takes in training, there is little chance they will waste much valuable playing time on confirming what they already see
                      4- weaker players get matched up vs weaker players all the time. If you can't produce vs a weak player, why bother playing you vs someone strong. Playing best on best is what they need to see to evaluate top talent. Results of those matchups should be fairly even.
                      5-. Again, claiming to know things you couldn't possibly know unless you are hacking into teen girls text accounts. I have seen the opposite. Many kids are suprised by who DOES get invited back. You are right, though, the kids know who should be there. That is where the politics come in. Some kids get a look, or several invites on connections. They don't last, but always seem to linger

Comment

The kids absolutely know who is who, who contributes and who they would want on the team when the chips are down. But what adult scout could be seen getting feedback form a kid.

Comment

Not sure where the adult scout came into the picture here? The point was the players know who is who, who are the better players, and players are surprised at who is invited back and not invited back.

The kids absolutely know who is who, who contributes and who they would want on the team when the chips are down. But what adult scout could be seen getting feedback form a kid.

Comment

Not sure where the adult scout came into the picture here? The point was the players know who is who, who are the better players, and players are surprised at who is invited back and not invited back.
                            Yeah, or they are saying that so players don't feel badly.

Comment

1. You didn't read #1. Never even got to play the primary position at all. How would they know that she's not a goof fit at that position?

2. Never once commented on in any meetings. If anything was said privately, it did not change.

3. It was witnessed.

4. You didn't read #4. Read it again. Nothing to do with not performing.

5. Kids talk. Another ridiculous comment.

It gets old that any sort of constructive feedback is about being sour grapes. None here, but the process could improve.
                              Great post. It’s funny how so many hate the ussf for gda implementation etc. but think they run a flawless ID process. It’s laughably bad. No oversight. No consistent standards applied. Very little evidence that they treat all players equally. The process by which they arrive at teams is terrible.

My kid has graduated through these teams and plays on College now. Many of the kids who were protected by the ussf process are now being exposed for what they always were and some of those overlooked or given limited chances are making the ussf look stupid

Comment

LOL stars guy. keep the rhetoric going
                                The first guy is completely right.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X