Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Tophat will have to choose between DA and ECNL and the end of this season. It will be interesting to see what they decide.

1. FL DA clubs play each other 4 times per year. What league in the world does that lol
    2. The Southeast is the only conference that teams have to fly to other regions to get competitive games because FL sucks
    3. No FL DA club can adhere to the DA rules.
    4. No club trains 4 times per week
    5. kids all still play high school
    6. Weston has all-star teams with kids from other clubs guest playing under FT player restrictions.
    Look we know you have issues with Weston, but whatever those are based on does not make your generalization about the entire DA accurate.

So you are going to compare the SE DA, a league if you will for 13-18 year old girls to every league in the entire world?

TopHat chose to stay in the DA for this season. Just like every club, that is a choice they will make every season. You could turn it around just as easily. Despite having to play the FL DA teams, and despite having to go to Texas and Virginia, TopHat still decided to keep their first team in the DA over ECNL.

Comment

Look we know you have issues with Weston, but whatever those are based on does not make your generalization about the entire DA accurate.

So you are going to compare the SE DA, a league if you will for 13-18 year old girls to every league in the entire world?

TopHat chose to stay in the DA for this season. Just like every club, that is a choice they will make every season. You could turn it around just as easily. Despite having to play the FL DA teams, and despite having to go to Texas and Virginia, TopHat still decided to keep their first team in the DA over ECNL.
      Lets just wait for InterMiami

Comment

Sounds all great in theory but tell that to parents driving or flying from South Florida to North Carolina to spend $400+ to go play 1 game. Then when you’re done convincing the parents, go convince the college coaches on their budgets to go scout those games where you may be lucky to see a kid for 15 minutes due to the DA rules. Where do we sign up for that program?
        I’m afraid it will crumble under its own weight. The travel is out of balance. Florida has enough talent to create its own conference. I hope the ECNL leaders see this and reform the travel demands. The ROI is not there and many parents are talking about the burden it is putting on them both financially and on their kids school work.

It worked when you had a few showcases to go to a year.

Comment

Tophat will have to choose between DA and ECNL and the end of this season. It will be interesting to see what they decide.

1. FL DA clubs play each other 4 times per year. What league in the world does that lol
          2. The Southeast is the only conference that teams have to fly to other regions to get competitive games because FL sucks
          3. No FL DA club can adhere to the DA rules.
          4. No club trains 4 times per week
          5. kids all still play high school
          6. Weston has all-star teams with kids from other clubs guest playing under FT player restrictions.

Fact check
          #1 not true...only play each other twice. #3 our club trains 4 times a week.

Comment

Fact check
            #1 not true...only play each other twice. #3 our club trains 4 times a week.
            Forgot to chime in on the travel...way to much out of state travel!

Comment

Forgot to chime in on the travel...way to much out of state travel!
              How is it in other countries like England, can they have academies within a hour our two and plenty of good competition in a reasonable drive?

Answer: Dumb Americans will pay...although I see many begin to talk about so maybe it will change.

Comment

How is it in other countries like England, can they have academies within a hour our two and plenty of good competition in a reasonable drive?

Answer: Dumb Americans will pay...although I see many begin to talk about so maybe it will change.
                It’s funny when I think about how we used travel an hour, maybe an hour and half to play really good teams from other areas. Now, let’s fly to Alabama to play really good teams. Future, let’ fly to South America to play really good teams...while we are at let’s throw in few showcases in Europe for our U14 teams, because that’s where the better teams are😂

Comment

Dumb Americans? Get off your phone and finish mowing my yard.

Comment

"College coaches don't shop leagues, they shop talent."

In our experience, that is not true. that kind of statement might be true for male football and male basketball. But for female soccer, the colleges totally shop leagues.

There are too many reasons to list here, but the colleges definitely shop leagues - and if you take, like, 30 minutes to think about it you will realize why.....
                    College coaches DO shop talent. If your daughter is that good they can tell even if they are playing RPL and not ecnl or DA. In the panhandle we don’t have DA or ecnl within a 4-6 hour drive and girls sign D1 and we get college coaches who travel just to watch training as well as league games. I’ve had college coaches directly say that they shop talent and don’t believe that DA or ecnl is necessary- at least for some players at the club we are at.

There are players playing ecnl or DA who aren’t that good. They happen to live in a very populated area with the opportunity.

Comment

You don't need ECNL/DA to be offered a D1 scholarship. Ask me how I know.

Comment

How do you know?

Comment

How do you know?
                          If you read some bios of kids who play college soccer, you quickly realize there are some who just played high school soccer, or non DA/ECNL soccer clubs. This is not hard to do and very easy to verify the person's point. Many schools ID kids at camps.

Comment

How???

Comment

How???

Go to their ID camps and go to hosted ID camps from reputable clubs. Bottom line if they can play they will be recruited. You just need to be proactive and communicate with the coaches and visit. You will save a ton vs what you spend on ECNL. My daughter was recruited to a D1 Program before our club got ECNL. I’m glad we only had two years of ECNL. Not a knock on the basic premise of ECNL, but the travel expectations are not reasonable. I feel for the families that have 5-6 years of it.

Comment

If you read some bios of kids who play college soccer, you quickly realize there are some who just played high school soccer, or non DA/ECNL soccer clubs. This is not hard to do and very easy to verify the person's point. Many schools ID kids at camps.
                                90 percent of D1 rosters are former ecnl - just look at bios for the top 10

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X