Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every year the team has gotten better. That's how you gage improvement. You can't turn a program around overnight. You aren't talking P-5 school here. HC played Navy, Lehigh, Colgate and Bucknell to games that were decided by 1 goal. That's being in every game with your conference leaders. Not sure what you expected overnight. Don't see any blue chippers or top #150 IMG kids on the team.

With the improvement, I expect the recruiting will be better for HC. If the recruiting improves, so will the outcomes.
    Agreed.

Comment

- most conference wins since 2002
      - 4-way tie for 5th place is the best finish in conference since 2002
      - first win at army since 1990
      - increased win total in each season

Clear signs of growth and improvement

Comment

Don’t mind psycho NJ mom and crazy Tewksbury dad. Bitter Betty’s about their daughters being cut. #teamcancers
        Talent below was not cut Dearie:

Named first team All-Patriot League, second team NSCAA All-Mid Atlantic and second team NEWISA All-New England
        Selected as the Patriot League Rookie of the Year and the ECAC Co-Rookie of the Year
        Started all 18 games at forward
        Tallied 11 goals and three assists for 25 points
        Ranked first in the Patriot League in goals, points and game-winning goals (5)
        Ranked in the top 100 in the nation in game-winning goals (27th), total goals (65th) and total points (98th)
        Tied for the third most points in a single season in Holy Cross history and tied for the fifth most goals in one year
        Named the NSCAA National Player of the Week (9/2) after recording the 14th hat trick in program history to go with one assist in the 5-0 win over LIU Brooklyn (8/25)
        Tallied first collegiate goal in the 3-0 win at Siena (8/22)
        Scored a career-high two goals including the game-winner in the 2-1 double overtime triumph at Bryant (9/2)
        Also scored game-winners in the 2-0 win at UMass Lowell (9/17) and in the 1-0 victory at American (9/27)
        Assisted on the game-winning goal in the 1-0 win over North Dakota State (9/14)
        Named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll

Comment

Talent below was not cut Dearie:

Named first team All-Patriot League, second team NSCAA All-Mid Atlantic and second team NEWISA All-New England
          Selected as the Patriot League Rookie of the Year and the ECAC Co-Rookie of the Year
          Started all 18 games at forward
          Tallied 11 goals and three assists for 25 points
          Ranked first in the Patriot League in goals, points and game-winning goals (5)
          Ranked in the top 100 in the nation in game-winning goals (27th), total goals (65th) and total points (98th)
          Tied for the third most points in a single season in Holy Cross history and tied for the fifth most goals in one year
          Named the NSCAA National Player of the Week (9/2) after recording the 14th hat trick in program history to go with one assist in the 5-0 win over LIU Brooklyn (8/25)
          Tallied first collegiate goal in the 3-0 win at Siena (8/22)
          Scored a career-high two goals including the game-winner in the 2-1 double overtime triumph at Bryant (9/2)
          Also scored game-winners in the 2-0 win at UMass Lowell (9/17) and in the 1-0 victory at American (9/27)
          Assisted on the game-winning goal in the 1-0 win over North Dakota State (9/14)
          Named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll
          It is nice some schools even note this. And taking to town over Bryant, Siena, LIU Brooklyn leaves me speechless. Kidding of course.
          Looks like this is a kid who gets disposessed and doesnt drop back to assist. How long ago are some of these things?

Comment

It is nice some schools even note this. And taking to town over Bryant, Siena, LIU Brooklyn leaves me speechless. Kidding of course.
            Looks like this is a kid who gets disposessed and doesnt drop back to assist. How long ago are some of these things?
            Hahaha agreed. Maybe if these occurred in conference play, the team would be in post season play.

Take down the poster of your kid. Replace it with her graduation picture from a very good higher learning institution, unless you find a way to critize the professors for not giving her all underserved "a"s. What a Tool.

Comment

*Undeserved

Comment

- most conference wins since 2002
                - 4-way tie for 5th place is the best finish in conference since 2002
                - first win at army since 1990
                - increased win total in each season

Clear signs of growth and improvement
                And getting rid of those parent's kids; HUGE growth potential.

Comment

I hope the kids are nothing like the d-bag parents. Coach deserves a raise just putting up with those bozos.

Comment

Hahaha agreed. Maybe if these occurred in conference play, the team would be in post season play.

Take down the poster of your kid. Replace it with her graduation picture from a very good higher learning institution, unless you find a way to critize the professors for not giving her all underserved "a"s. What a Tool.
                    One thing you will get from the Patriot League is a great education,

Comment

You are the real tool. Find it incredible that you harbor such obvious jealousy. You seem to be everywhere bashing local kids in just about every D1 program. Let me guess your kid ended up on some D3 roster and it just bugs the crap out of you that one of the kids on the HC roster made it there.

Comment

You are the real tool. Find it incredible that you harbor such obvious jealousy. You seem to be everywhere bashing local kids in just about every D1 program. Let me guess your kid ended up on some D3 roster and it just bugs the crap out of you that one of the kids on the HC roster made it there.
                        Well you are incorrect. And you must be on a bunch of threads. I like HC and the team including the coaches. I am deflecting from the bozos who are obviously going after the coaching staff. I am of rhe mindset that if you have an issue, request a meeting.
                        And if you have moved on/transferred, then dont bash what you threw away.

It is you that seems misguided and seeing shadows/fighting windmills. Good luck with that.

Comment

Well you are incorrect. And you must be on a bunch of threads. I like HC and the team including the coaches. I am deflecting from the bozos who are obviously going after the coaching staff. I am of rhe mindset that if you have an issue, request a meeting.
                          And if you have moved on/transferred, then dont bash what you threw away.

It is you that seems misguided and seeing shadows/fighting windmills. Good luck with that.
                          Seriously? Which parent in their right might mind requests a meeting? Stay out of it and let your kid deal with the situation themselves. I know a parent who tried to call the coach at one of the Ivies. His daughter has been banished to the bench ever since.

Comment

One thing you will get from the Patriot League is a great education,
                            Almost as good as NESCAC or UAA.

Comment

Almost as good as NESCAC or UAA.
                              Better at a fraction of the cost. Much better soccer as well. No more D3 kids dragging the team's play down.

Comment

Seriously? Which parent in their right might mind requests a meeting? Stay out of it and let your kid deal with the situation themselves. I know a parent who tried to call the coach at one of the Ivies. His daughter has been banished to the bench ever since.
                                If there is an issue that is serious, you request a meeting. I would much rather have a meeting and so would a coach if there is a serious issue. You don't want anything misconstrued with the player.

I am not saying call the coach. And if my kid was banished to the bench after I wanted to speak with a coach about something that may be serious (what if daughter is showing signs of depression or an eating disorder), any good coach will take that call. They don't want a call about something they could have and should have prevented.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X