Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Game Report: Both teams received cautions.
    http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...teamId=3998401

Agreed about parents telling players what to do - I didn't hear anything of the sort from either side. As a matter of fact I find that this year in the DA, parents are pretty calm and for the most part are supporting both teams. Of course they are rooting for their club, but if an opposing player makes a good play, keeper makes a great save, etc. I feel I hear more appreciation for the efforts made than I have in years past.
    I think each team has their blowhard who embarrasses the other parents and more sad their own kid, but everyone still let's the drunk uncle do his thing as long as he's not picking fights.

There were a few boys running their mouths on Saturday on both sides, but if I was a betting man it wasn't anything different than when you were playing growing up. The ref used his cards. Is it unfortunate some boys do this - I guess. Was I innocent of this type of behavior occasionally - No. The most I can do is hope the parent/coach talks to these kids and then explain to my son that it's part of competition sometimes and you are never going to take all of it out. I do not condone the behavior, but I can understand some of it.
    Just look at this board sometimes....I think some of these "bad boys" grow up, have their own kids and then post s***talk on TS! HA!
    Some of the toxic parents are now at Timbers Academy.

Not because of anything wrong with TA, but a lot of the most obnoxious parents I've encountered are those whose kids are really good, and are wrapped up in the possibility that their little Joey or Jose is the next Messi, and who view the teammates as competition. If you know that your kid's youth soccer experience is glorified PE, it frees you to enjoy the game more.

And to the credit of TA, they seem far better at restraining obnoxious sideline behavior than do most of the local clubs (parents are basically told to butt out and shut up; if you don't like this policy there's the door). Of course, when you are the top academy team in town, and providing training that is next to free, the kids (and their families) are more like employees than customers. Too many local clubs will tolerate some level of toxic behavior, especially from the parents of top players, because if they crack down there's a dozen other clubs who would gladly take said player. But if you f*** up at TA, there is no other equivalent option.

Comment

OP was talking about the u14 match, I think. Never have had a problem with WashT's u13s.
      No way. Vantucky’s U14’s are the smallest team in the league. They play good soccer and are not rude trash talkers

Comment

No way. Vantucky’s U14’s are the smallest team in the league. They play good soccer and are not rude trash talkers
        You are right about the players.
        Normally, I would say you are right about the parents.
        Not last weekend. Parents standing around the 50 yard line were hollering at their kids to take out FC players. After one FC player went down hard, they yelled loudly that they hoped it was bad enough for him to not be able to get back up.
        An FC parent then stepped in and told them that they couldn’t say **** like that.
        Watch and listen to the tape.
        Not usual behavior for ***C. Hope it was a one time thing.

Comment

Whoa, whoa, whoa --- TIMEOUT!!
          Last time I checked this was the BOYS 05 forum. I am way too busy to have to start hating on a whole other age group.
          I do not have the time nor the patience for U14/06 chatterboxes - be gone from this thread at once!!

Comment

Whoa, whoa, whoa --- TIMEOUT!!
            Last time I checked this was the BOYS 05 forum. I am way too busy to have to start hating on a whole other age group.
            I do not have the time nor the patience for U14/06 chatterboxes - be gone from this thread at once!!
            *U14/04....and...why not, throw the U12/06 in there too 😂

Comment

While we're waiting for the official report from BSC/Crossfire, the game video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xh4o8uH_bg

#29 for Crossfire converted the penatly.

Final, 3-1 BSC.
              Anyone know the name or initials of #29 for Crossfire?
              There is still no game report and old game reports do not show Crossfire's player numbers. Would like to make sure he gets credited for his pk on the scorers list.

Comment

There is still no game report and old game reports do not show Crossfire's player numbers. Would like to make sure he gets credited for his pk on the scorers list.
                Yeah, sure - his initials are AJS 😉

Comment

Yeah, sure - his initials are AJS 😉
                  So he is scoring goals for Crossfire now too?
                  Lol.

Comment

No idea of his name, but I watched the film and saw the Penalty Kick. Not that kid's or the goalies finest moment to be sure!

Comment

Since you're diligently keeping track...

Final score in WT/ET was 6-0, official report says 5-0.

Missing goal was an own goal, however. (How do the DA match reports account for own goals, anyway?)

Comment

Since you're diligently keeping track...

Final score in WT/ET was 6-0, official report says 5-0.

Missing goal was an own goal, however. (How do the DA match reports account for own goals, anyway?)
                        All own goals are credited to AJS.

Comment

OS and looks like it's his first goal of the year and best part is it looks like he took the ball at the penalty spot from the player who drew the foul on the game footage...more evidence that they are folding like always in the spring. Rich spoiled kids get selfish and become "me monsters" and can't play their roles and get along all year which is why they always have problems come spring....

Comment

OS and looks like it's his first goal of the year and best part is it looks like he took the ball at the penalty spot from the player who drew the foul on the game footage...more evidence that they are folding like always in the spring. Rich spoiled kids get selfish and become "me monsters" and can't play their roles and get along all year which is why they always have problems come spring....
                            It's common for penalties to be taken by someone other than the player who drew a foul. (But he is indeed #29 for Crossfire).

Comment

All own goals are credited to AJS.
                              Guffaw!

Eastside parent agrees - it was 6-0 Westside.

Comment

They might not keep their own page, but US Soccer has a great filter for Crossfire. It doesn't have the BCS game report yet, but at least it compiles their games together like everyone else's team pages.
                                http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...partialGames=0

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X