HS Boys 2018 Fall Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why, so you can say you won a coin flip? Gtfo.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can't wait to come back to this post in a few weeks.

Comment

Here’s where this gets fun. In your effort to legitimize yourself, you exposed the issue with your statements. The chiefs annihilated (beat) the Patriots 41-14 in week 1, 2014. Remember the Chiefs historic win over the Seahawks in the SB that season? Me neither. Weymouth - SL was early September, same with BC-Hingham and Brockton-NB. But please, continue to make judgments about all of these teams based on one game you happened to see 4 weeks ago. If you want to preface your rankings and claims about teams by saying “I saw them play once five weeks ago” then have at it. Otherwise you can’t really make any legitimate statements about the current state of any of the teams, their players, or really anything. Good work, nice effort.
      So let me ask you this? Have you even seen any of these teams play? I highly doubt it yet your making judgements on someone whose watched the games. I’ve only seen the Baystate league teams Weymouth, Needham, Wellesley, and Natick this year and agree non of them have a dominate player. They are all solid above average teams with good club level players. No one has that one dominate player that will be a factor come tournament time. Besides maybe silver Lake whose scored a ton of goals I don’t see any team from the south getting to the state championship game.

So unless you can provide some information on why the original statement above is wrong, your comments are useless, pointless, and provide no information for an argument against.

Comment

Why, so you can say you won a coin flip? Gtfo.
        I’m guessing 30% probability you graduated from college. That's being generous.

Comment

I'm not sure I would describe them as "way down". They're 8-2-2 after yesterday's 3-1 win over MC. I do agree with you that they lack a true goal scorer. Their leading returning goal scorer has barely played this year due to injury. While every team deals with injuries this is a tough one for SJP. He's been a starter since his sophomore year and can be very explosive when healthy.
          A 3-1 win over MC implies they are waaay down. MC is awful.

Comment

Wellesley is average
            Needham is decent
            Weymouth is average
            Silver Lake is average with a good record
            New Bedford is average
            Durfee is average
            Brockton down from last year
            BC is average

The hock is terrible for D1 quality this year.

First year in a long time the South is simple average with no dominate or explosive team that comes in as your clear favorite.
            Silver Lake is very good this year. I realize you can’t say that based on win/loss record based on the garbage conference they play in, but they have a core of talented players. I expect they will be strong next year as well as their strength is the junior class.

Comment

Silver Lake is very good this year. I realize you can’t say that based on win/loss record based on the garbage conference they play in, but they have a core of talented players. I expect they will be strong next year as well as their strength is the junior class.
              Only issue with SL this year is they have the attacking talent but their backline is suspect. They just haven’t played quality teams that can exploit that. So come tourney time like most years teams who are solid defensively tend to upset SL in the early rounds. They are a talent group for sure it’s the in the back they struggle and their mental toughness when come across a Weymouth, Wellesley, Brockton, BC High potentially in the quarterfinals

Comment

I would say Silver Lake and Needham are the top 2 teams in D-1 South right now. Maybe give the slight edge to Needham.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
                  I would say Silver Lake and Needham are the top 2 teams in D-1 South right now. Maybe give the slight edge to Needham.
                  That would be an interesting South final

Comment

I saw Milford the other night; they have some pretty good talent. Two really good attackers, both good-sized.

Granted their opponent had a horrible night (2 or 3 gift goals and some other gifts that Milford did not cash in on), may have made them look better than they are.

They are 8-1-2 now according to the MIAA. Someone told me it's going to be their first tournament appearance in quite a while.
                    This game was vs Attleboro, who played horribly. Then the next game they managed to tie Mansfield, who's 9-0-4. Go figure.

Comment

This game was vs Attleboro, who played horribly. Then the next game they managed to tie Mansfield, who's 9-0-4. Go figure.
                      D1 Hock teams are average at best. never do any damage in the tourney

Milford and Canton may be able to make a run in D2.. if they can avoid Nauset

Comment

D1 Hock teams are average at best. never do any damage in the tourney

Milford and Canton may be able to make a run in D2.. if they can avoid Nauset
                        I'm thinking the Hock is way down this year. I know both Mansfield and OA aren't as good as last year. Same with North Attleboro. Even today's results show that a bit.

Comment

Top 3 leagues in EMass right now are Bay State, Dual County and Middlesex.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
                            I'm thinking the Hock is way down this year. I know both Mansfield and OA aren't as good as last year. Same with North Attleboro. Even today's results show that a bit.
                            Have you seen either team play? How do you know?

Comment

Have you seen either team play? How do you know?
                              Yep. I know all.

Comment

Just had a chance to watch some Merrimack Valley games.

Chelsmford is talented and well balanced at all positions. Goalie looked pretty good as well.

Andover is a bit sloppy, doesn't have a lot of speed and athleticism.

North Andover has forwards that can shoot, but not a lot of speed. They make very risky passes in their own defensive third, a team that puts a lot of pressure on that can capitalize on that.

Saw Lowell as well. Wasn't overly impressed with them. Looks like they have weaknesses at certain positions. Goalie not particularly quick.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X