FCIAC Girls Soccer Review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-0 or 6-0 is still a lose. Trumbull will be fine and I’m sure ready for the FCiaC’s and states. I would love to see a rematch of this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      1-0 or 6-0 is still a lose. Trumbull will be fine and I’m sure ready for the FCiaC’s and states. I would love to see a rematch of this game.
      huge difference between 1-0 and 6-0
      in the first you're in the game and 1 play away from getting even
      in the 2nd you got blown off the field
      what positives can you pull out of a drubbing like that-hey you didnt give up 7?

Comment

That is bull! Yep, you have to pay to go to any school other than your town's public high school (with very few exceptions). However, if you have a kid with athletic promise and you can afford to pay, you can send that kid to Prep, st joes, immaculate, etc. This only makes sense if the school of choice has a good program in your kid's sport: Prep for hockey and lax, st joes or immaculate for girls soccer. Having a good program is largely dependent on having a good coach. No need to send your soccer playing daughter to Trinity.

Trumbull used to have a great soccer program, not so much recently. So, if you believe you have the next Mia and you can afford it, off she goes to st joes! Trumbull can only use kids from Trumbull. Prep, Immaculate, st joes, etc., they recruit from anywhere! This creates an uneven playing field, no question about that. "Schools of choice", i.e. Catholic schools are at a distinct advantage
        "So if you have the next Mia and you can afford it, off she goes to st joes!"

That is my point. SJ gets a Mia only if the family can afford it. When you compare "go to public school (and play soccer) and pay nothing" to "go to Catholic school (and play soccer) and pay $15,00 a year, which school offers the advantage? The free one, of course.

Comment

"So if you have the next Mia and you can afford it, off she goes to st joes!"

That is my point. SJ gets a Mia only if the family can afford it. When you compare "go to public school (and play soccer) and pay nothing" to "go to Catholic school (and play soccer) and pay $15,00 a year, which school offers the advantage? The free one, of course.
          Obvious advantage is the school you pay $15,000 per year for...Or you wouldn't pay!!!!

Comment

Obvious advantage is the school you pay $15,000 per year for...Or you wouldn't pay!!!!
            St joes 15k “advantage” is not driven by academics. Perhaps if your kid is from Bridgeport, but other than that, the academics, including course offerings, teacher qualifications, testing results, etc do not indicate any advantage. Personally, I do know people who considered the school specifically for the soccer program. I am not claiming they got money or that they were recruited, but facts are facts.

Comment

St joes 15k “advantage” is not driven by academics. Perhaps if your kid is from Bridgeport, but other than that, the academics, including course offerings, teacher qualifications, testing results, etc do not indicate any advantage. Personally, I do know people who considered the school specifically for the soccer program. I am not claiming they got money or that they were recruited, but facts are facts.
              not all of the studs are paying 15k. they can't give scholarships, but they figure out how to get the players they want the money they need to be there.

Comment

the great tactician and college whisperer - led his team into a 6-0 beatdown
                This is good stuff. LOL

Comment

not all of the studs are paying 15k. they can't give scholarships, but they figure out how to get the players they want the money they need to be there.
                  StJ can only give token merit$ for high academic kids and financial aid. They're pretty stingy with their financial aid

Comment

We looked at the school a few years ago for one of our kids that wanted a smaller HS. We were very unimpressed with the staff and he decided to go to our bigger but much stronger public HS, no regrets. I forget the exact stats but the bulk of their students come from the underperforming districts like Bridgeport, Shelton, Ansonia etc. Families from those towns are more likely to need financial aid as well.

Comment

We looked at the school a few years ago for one of our kids that wanted a smaller HS. We were very unimpressed with the staff and he decided to go to our bigger but much stronger public HS, no regrets. I forget the exact stats but the bulk of their students come from the underperforming districts like Bridgeport, Shelton, Ansonia etc. Families from those towns are more likely to need financial aid as well.
                      the bulk of their kids come from Trumbull and Shelton then Stratford then Bridgeport
                      they also get some Monroe,milford fairfield, westport, easton and norwalk kids
                      some pretty big publics in those towns

Comment

Why were you very unimpressed with their staff specifically?

Comment

All the areas I would want to avoid, not pay to send my kids to learn in that pool. No offense to residents of those towns. Obviously you feel the same way, otherwise you would send your kid to the local public school. Also explains why you have the behavior of student sections at sporting events...like singing Toto songs

Comment

All the areas I would want to avoid, not pay to send my kids to learn in that pool. No offense to residents of those towns. Obviously you feel the same way, otherwise you would send your kid to the local public school. Also explains why you have the behavior of student sections at sporting events...like singing Toto songs
                            i knew you were a pompous asz after the first post but i showed some restraint
                            that pool? you are definitely from a town where dog collars are the preferred active wear
                            so happy you didnt show up you might have mistaken the lunchroom for the kitchen and gotten all scared and pizzed yourself
                            Toto songs really? such low hanging fruit

Comment

I am the guy that told you we were going to hang an L on Ridgefield. I didnt realize they were actually as soft as they are, otherwise I would have predicted more dominance. I dont see Ridgefield doing much in the fciac or the coach tournaments this year

Comment

you said staff concerns- now you just hate black students?
                                you may just have some issues

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X