Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sacrifices vacation and possible school commitments (do you count band?) to play u13 and younger NEP soccer?
    And that is why the rules were at least written, if not enforced
    Yes, I count band since it's not a mandatory activity. So, if you are choosing band over soccer, that's fine, but your PT will be affected.

Comment

What if they are not equal, but the miscreant is better...?
      At some point, the player becomes so good that the rules will fluctuate. That's life, and life's not fair.

That being said, that player has to be outstanding. I have only seen in play out like that once, and it created a lot of problems for the team and was not allowed the following year.

Comment

Sacrifices vacation and possible school commitments (do you count band?) to play u13 and younger NEP soccer?
        And that is why the rules were at least written, if not enforced
        We can't on one hand complain the US sucks in soccer, then on the other hand act aghast when players are asked to be dedicated.

Comment

We can't on one hand complain the US sucks in soccer, then on the other hand act aghast when players are asked to be dedicated.
          Last I checked, we were discussing NEP playing time.
          Nat’l team quality is not in the NEP, despite claims to the contrary.

Comment

Last I checked, we were discussing NEP playing time.
            Nat’l team quality is not in the NEP, despite claims to the contrary.
            Whhooooooooooshhhhh, right over your head.

If you think that success in the game starts as adults, then there's really not much I can do to help you.

Reality is as you climb higher, there needs to be players dedicated to the cause. We can't say everyone should get a chance to play, whether they are there or not; then complain when those same players don't advance the game.

You want to worry about equal minutes or playing time when soccer is just something to do to pass the time, there's a town travel team for that.

Comment

Whhooooooooooshhhhh, right over your head.

If you think that success in the game starts as adults, then there's really not much I can do to help you.

Reality is as you climb higher, there needs to be players dedicated to the cause. We can't say everyone should get a chance to play, whether they are there or not; then complain when those same players don't advance the game.

You want to worry about equal minutes or playing time when soccer is just something to do to pass the time, there's a town travel team for that.
              No, my slightly delusional and full of kool-aid friend, NEP is for that

Comment

No, my slightly delusional and full of kool-aid friend, NEP is for that
                Keep telling yourself that, but when you wonder why your minutes were shorted after that Disney trip you'll know why.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that, but when you wonder why your minutes were shorted after that Disney trip you'll know why.
                  Let’s vote on which will leave an indelible impression for our kids:
                  1: wonderful trip to Disney with family
                  2: NEP training session or two with a coach who isn’t going to play us anyway since we took a vacation

You must be new to the Mass soccer scene

It’s NEP, lighten up and get a clue.

Comment

2: NEP training session or two with a coach who isn’t going to play us anyway since we took a vacation

1: The team who was out there in the pouring rain have a blast and learning together what it's like to act collectively toward a common goal
                    2: Standing in line for hours on end with literally tens of thousands of people.

We've done both, and my kid took the first choice every single time.

If your goal is to hang around NEP forever, fine. Seems like a waste of time and money, but fine. Just don't complain from the sidelines why Landon isn't getting the same amount of minutes.

Comment

1: The team who was out there in the pouring rain have a blast and learning together what it's like to act collectively toward a common goal
                      2: Standing in line for hours on end with literally tens of thousands of people.

We've done both, and my kid took the first choice every single time.

If your goal is to hang around NEP forever, fine. Seems like a waste of time and money, but fine. Just don't complain from the sidelines why Landon isn't getting the same amount of minutes.
                      Not forever, just like that pouring rain session.

Comment

But why does it have to be either or? I have a kid who is just a lowly U12 in NEP. She is a solid player and hopes to eventually play on a higher level team. Even though it's "just" NEP, she makes soccer a priority and our family supports that. We still go to Disney, but we don't go in fall or spring soccer season (and why would we? School is in session). During fall and spring soccer comes before any other activities. Yes, she does other activities, but not ones that conflict. During winter she plays basketball and that becomes priority 1 but still makes as many soccer events as possible. Her coach knows that for all of fall and all of spring, soccer is her top priority. If she misses a training, it will only be due to a school commitment (infrequent). There are complaints on our team about playing time, but not from us. Hard work and sacrifice pay off.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X