Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in the world does Top Drawer Soccer work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    comes down to how you interpret this

Any coach worth his or her salt would not use TDS or anything other than the USSF database if they are a top program. TDS uses info from the USSF database.

to me the inference is pretty clear. if not, it would say TDS uses info from USSF scouts. The other problem with this is a USSF scout may be looking at a player and have info on them( lets pretend there is a database) that relates to how they plan to use them in a NT set up.pretty useless in evaluating 95 pct of the players Colleges are trying to recruit.

Look at a player like Colaprico on the womens side. an NWSL best X1 player who for some reason a USSF "scout" thinks is not international class. Strange, becasue some top internationals are in the NWSL and she is a top player at her position year in year out. Why anyone would base any opinion on the USSF I have no idea. Give me the names of 2 people on the womens side who have shown us that they know what they are doing when it comes to player evaluation?

Ill wait ....
    My god man, you are an arrogant SOB. Who are you to question the national team's ability to evaluate players? Please share with all of us your coaching resume, I could really use a belly laugh this morning. BTW, the existence of the USSF database was actually fairly widely discussed on this site SEVERAL YEARS AGO when they published an article that actually spoke directly about their player evaluation process. You might want to go find it.

Comment

College coaches are human.

The boss isn't big on busy work.

Assistants are the wide top of the funnel that begins to aggregate everything.

Assistants are lazy.

The USSF isn't emailing info to assistants.

TDS provides a jumping off point.

Wouldn't you rather have your child included at the jumping off point?

After that it's up to the player to perform and market themselves.

There are no diamonds in the rough being stumbled upon.
      If your kid has been named to anything in one of the ID programs like ODP or the NT or been recognized by the DA or ECNL for their play in a tournament or has been named to one of the All American teams or watch lists the press releases automatically get aggregated under their name. It's sort of like a chicken or the egg type of thing though. Usually the press releases come first so to say the TDS is responsible for anything is stretching things a little bit. The bottom line is if your kid is getting their name in a lot of press releases coaches know who they are and it's the sum total of those press releases, not the individual ones, that tell the colleges what they want to know about your kid.

Comment

My god man, you are an arrogant SOB. Who are you to question the national team's ability to evaluate players? Please share with all of us your coaching resume, I could really use a belly laugh this morning. BTW, the existence of the USSF database was actually fairly widely discussed on this site SEVERAL YEARS AGO when they published an article that actually spoke directly about their player evaluation process. You might want to go find it.
        Haven't posted in this thread, and mostly come here to snack on popcorn and watch the trolling... But... I'd say based on the real results over the last decade + that ALL of us should be questioning the national team's ability to evaluate players.

I would think we all can agree on that.

Carry on with your d!ck measuring.

Comment

Usually the press releases come first so to say the TDS is responsible for anything is stretching things a little bit.
          I'm not giving TDS credit for anything. I'm saying lazy assistant coaches cull a preliminary list of players to scout from the TDS database, whether it's accurate or not. I'd prefer my kid have 3+ stars of questionable merit on TDS than none.

Comment

So becasue it was discussed here, its true? LOL . Ok. what does the database contain in terms of facts? some measurables like Beep tests, cone drills, ettc and then a bunch of subjective information from people who see the kids how often? do you wnat to talk to the person who sees the kid 4x per week or the person in the ivory tower who sees them if the are lucky 3x per YEAR for 15 mins.

I reckon i see the local players more often that the USSF does. *** does my resume have to do with it? Ive been involved in soccer, coaching, watching and playing for 45 years. I know how to evaluate a player and m,,ore importantly I can see when a group, team or individual is not performing. Go look at the U-20 team in the Nike friendlies and the CONCACAF event if you want examples.

If you want to put your faith in April Heinrichs, BJ Snow and the rest of that cabal, be my guest, but our record at U-17 is awful and it seems that no one takes responsibility or pays the price. we just recycle the same people.

Im still waiting for the names we should have confidence in ....I too would like a belly laugh.

Comment

I'm not giving TDS credit for anything. I'm saying lazy assistant coaches cull a preliminary list of players to scout from the TDS database, whether it's accurate or not. I'd prefer my kid have 3+ stars of questionable merit on TDS than none.

That may be the case at the poorer schools. Its not true at the better ones. Assistant coaches are not lazy a the better schools and they do legwork. They have contacts and connections that TDS does not. No way are they relying on it as a jumping off point.

Comment

That may be the case at the poorer schools. Its not true at the better ones. Assistant coaches are not lazy a the better schools and they do legwork. They have contacts and connections that TDS does not. No way are they relying on it as a jumping off point.
                You're giving assistants too much credit.

Comment

You're giving assistants too much credit.
                  Dont think I am On the girls side- - UCLA, FSU, UVA, Duke, UNC, Stanford, USC few more - all those assistants work their tails off.

Comment

Dont think I am On the girls side- - UCLA, FSU, UVA, Duke, UNC, Stanford, USC few more - all those assistants work their tails off.
                    Yeah, so many kids around here going to those schools for sports. Should dial it back to HC, Sacred Heart, Fairfield.

Comment

comes down to how you interpret this

Any coach worth his or her salt would not use TDS or anything other than the USSF database if they are a top program. TDS uses info from the USSF database.

to me the inference is pretty clear. if not, it would say TDS uses info from USSF scouts. The other problem with this is a USSF scout may be looking at a player and have info on them( lets pretend there is a database) that relates to how they plan to use them in a NT set up.pretty useless in evaluating 95 pct of the players Colleges are trying to recruit.

Look at a player like Colaprico on the womens side. an NWSL best X1 player who for some reason a USSF "scout" thinks is not international class. Strange, becasue some top internationals are in the NWSL and she is a top player at her position year in year out. Why anyone would base any opinion on the USSF I have no idea. Give me the names of 2 people on the womens side who have shown us that they know what they are doing when it comes to player evaluation?

Ill wait ....

Give me two names on guys side? And i have been told that there is a US database as well. It gets updated at PDP invites, Training Center invites, all that stuff.

Comment

I see most assistants working their tails off. It's a little easier when you have top program through. All are trying to find those difference makers to put their schools on the map. It's hard assembling a cast of players from all around the country. Need to make sure they have same mindset, not divas, team players (USSF cares about the individuals/colleges care about the team). there is a lot of investigation that goes on. some schools call others in the soccer world they know to make sure they are giving a good kid money especially if it's a lot. They are accountable for the good picks and the bad ones.

And because there are so many leagues, the coaches are all over the place. And, it's not football, baskeball, baseball so while some schools may have the jet, they may not let the soccer coach use it to get sign a top soccer recruit.

Comment

Yeah, so many kids around here going to those schools for sports. Should dial it back to HC, Sacred Heart, Fairfield.
                          I said at the top schools. I stand by that.

Comment

McD at BC works hard as well. Dont know the PSU folks. Heck the Columbia crew work super hard as well .

Comment

As poster two back said, in this soccer world, MOST work hard. They are all over the place trying to fit the pieces and find the right players that will be academically eligible and a team player. they are away all the time especially at holiday weekends. a lot of work.

the top teams have it a little easier as the players come to them. they need to filter out the good ones from the ones not a fit.

Comment

McD at BC works hard as well. Dont know the PSU folks. Heck the Columbia crew work super hard as well .
                                He must really like divas then.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X