what's going on at WFF Brandon BAYSL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure some will be back to stay in the long run. Why not go to try outs so you can be seen. By U16 make the choice to accept. Only problem is if you are borderline, you may not get the spot in the future.

Comment

Same with U13. Lots of talent out there to make a good CDL/NPL in waiting team. Kids just have to stay. They have a bunch from TBU and Strictly at tryouts. Most will get invites to the NPL team. The ones that don't, can 't see them staying. Also will a friend not making it make another not accept with Car pool plans. That being said Lakeland, WC, Spirit, Chargers, FH and the WFF kids moving back could make for a stronger team team. Anything is better than what was on the 2nd team last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Dear God - quit your bellyaching. That's what tryouts are for. Not only are the players being evaluated by the coaches, the players are making a decision too. As well as their parents. You gotta admit - 13 yr olds traveling out of state for every other soccer match is a little over the top. Definitely not for everyone. Also - if you are not close to Brandon and manage to make the u14 team - essentially a five year commitment if you want to continue. That is a rather large inconvenience and not one decision to be taken lightly. Especially for families that have more than one kid. It is not a 'shame' on anyone if they weigh the decision and decide to walk away. Stop trying to make people feel guilty.
        Look nobody is trying to make anyone feel guilty. It's an easy process. Before you go tryout you research the league you look at the schedule and you can see how many trips they have made out of state (5)

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....2500/TEAM.html

You look at a google map and figure out the distance and drive time. Get a feel for the traffic at the different training hours in case you get one or the other. You call the club, email the director, or coaches get there bio ask some questions. If you are satisfied with all, then you sit as family and discuss it and decided to tryout with the mindset of making a team not with the mindset of what will I do if I get offered. We try out knowing the opportunity and hoping to be selected, that is all.

Comment

Exactly.
          And to the guy you were posting back to, you can only blame Brandon from the failure from the year before. They had plenty of talent show and instead of being fair about who they selected, they went ahead moved the entire rising U13 up into this years NPL team. The only two they added were kids who's parents have ties within the club. It was ridiculous. Some of us wanted to win. I for one hope we bring in some new blood and cut baggage. The politics need to go, and hope they will this year. We'll soon see.
          Couldn't disagree with you more. I'm a parent on the team and the team that was selected is not the team that was currently playing. So many backed out and kids left the team so they added players. Know the truth before you spew crap you are not aware of.

Comment

Couldn't disagree with you more. I'm a parent on the team and the team that was selected is not the team that was currently playing. So many backed out and kids left the team so they added players. Know the truth before you spew crap you are not aware of.
            Oh we all know the truth. And the truth is that good talent got turned away. You have kids on that team that never deserved to make NPL. RH's team... "the dream team!".... my ass you have been. Instead of a actually holding tryouts, you just pushed your kids forward. Coaches kids, staffs kids, ect. You literally screwed an entire age group for yourselves and now you need outside talent to save your ass,,but you won't get. Of course some kids left...they got fed up with it.

Comment

Oh we all know the truth. And the truth is that good talent got turned away. You have kids on that team that never deserved to make NPL. RH's team... "the dream team!".... my ass you have been. Instead of a actually holding tryouts, you just pushed your kids forward. Coaches kids, staffs kids, ect. You literally screwed an entire age group for yourselves and now you need outside talent to save your ass,,but you won't get. Of course some kids left...they got fed up with it.
              You are a bitter person with a warped view of things. This is an opportunity for players to make a team. Nothing more then that. There will be new players that come and if they are good they will make the team. Players come every year and take spots and it will happen again this year. Thanks for dropping by and good luck to you

Comment

First off you don't know which parent of what kid I am. I know for a fact that better players turned down the opportunity to play and others where then asked.

Comment

Greg go f**k yourself!

Comment

First off you don't know which parent of what kid I am. I know for a fact that better players turned down the opportunity to play and others where then asked.
                    There were players that were offered spots on many teams that declined offers. It happens every year and they move on to the next kid on the list.

Comment

Look nobody is trying to make anyone feel guilty. It's an easy process. Before you go tryout you research the league you look at the schedule and you can see how many trips they have made out of state (5)

You look at a google map and figure out the distance and drive time. Get a feel for the traffic at the different training hours in case you get one or the other. You call the club, email the director, or coaches get there bio ask some questions. If you are satisfied with all, then you sit as family and discuss it and decided to tryout with the mindset of making a team not with the mindset of what will I do if I get offered. We try out knowing the opportunity and hoping to be selected, that is all.
                      I could not agree more!

Comment

Also, they had ID camps and open training sessions for players to come in at anytime. Excuses why not to accept are all BS. There has been plenty of opportunity to check and get a feel for the club as someone stated.

Comment

They are all coming to Celtic FC.

Comment

Great college night tonight for the girls with the 15's rising to 16 and 16s rising to 17 playing in front of UF and South Carolina coaches.

Comment

What a great weekend at PDA. 114 college coaches watched the U16G's games. UNC, UVA, Notre Dame, UF, USCal, Stanford etc. The girls had a great time hanging out and got to see a little bit of the big apple too.

Comment

How did tryouts go last night in Brandon?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X