Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    well that was "fun"-the term fun is relative I guess- watching the idiots kneel for the National anthem. Great role models for our sons and daughters.
    They aren’t role models....that is a Parent or guardian’s job to be a role model not an athlete or actor or actress or a chef or anyone else paid to entertainment.

Comment

Their political sophistry has driven away any desire for me to watch them play.

Comment

Wait until this summer's (rescheduled) Olympics. They'll bring in the numbers just like they always do.

Comment

Wait until this summer's (rescheduled) Olympics. They'll bring in the numbers just like they always do.
          At this rate there will be no Olympics in 2021.

And either way, I am only speaking for myself. Sports is a form of escapism to me. Mix in politics, even politics that I agree with, and it's ruined for me.

Comment

The USMNT wore similar warm up jackets and took a knee before their games last week. Literally every NFL, NBA, and MLB player has taken a political stance. Do you avoid watching all those sports?

Comment

The USMNT wore similar warm up jackets and took a knee before their games last week. Literally every NFL, NBA, and MLB player has taken a political stance. Do you avoid watching all those sports?
              Yes. I have pretty much cut down my sports entertainment to international soccer where the politics have mostly remained in the periphery due to it's multi-cultural/national nature.

Comment

Yes. I have pretty much cut down my sports entertainment to international soccer where the politics have mostly remained in the periphery due to it's multi-cultural/national nature.
                By that I mean that most pro leagues and most other international teams have kept their posturing to a minimum.

Comment

It is telling when standing (or kneeling) against racism is taken as "political". One would think that would be a non partisan issue

Comment

It is telling when standing (or kneeling) against racism is taken as "political". One would think that would be a non partisan issue
                    Standing against racism is fine. Taking a stance that virtually all white people, cops of any color, anyone who did anything to build this country in any way, etc are virulent white supremacist's whose goal is to re-enslave or kill all non-whites, women and non-hetero's is the problem.

Comment

Standing against racism is fine. Taking a stance that virtually all white people, cops of any color, anyone who did anything to build this country in any way, etc are virulent white supremacist's whose goal is to re-enslave or kill all non-whites, women and non-hetero's is the problem.
                      It also doesn't help that many in the BLM movement have directly tied capitalism into racism, which is utter bs. Equality of opportunity is great. Equality of outcome is destructive and I'm not a racist by saying that.

Comment

Always love the Trump crowd’s logic here. Kneeling against systemic racism and fighting for equality is offensive. Grabbing women by the you know what, lying, raping twenty something girls / women, etc all good, white supremecists are very fine people, 17 year olds white dudes murdering people is no prob. Totally makes sense.

Comment

By that I mean that most pro leagues and most other international teams have kept their posturing to a minimum.
                          Every EPL and Bundesliga game the players take a knee against racism before their games.

Comment

I watch it on the 1x fast forward setting to make it more enjoyable.
                            1x fast forward = regular speed

Comment

Always love the Trump crowd’s logic here. Kneeling against systemic racism and fighting for equality is offensive. Grabbing women by the you know what, lying, raping twenty something girls / women, etc all good, white supremecists are very fine people, 17 year olds white dudes murdering people is no prob. Totally makes sense.
                              Dont forget O’biden grabbing and rubbing little black boys and letting them rub his hairy leg. From O’biden directly... not me.

Comment

Yes, we should be surgically attacking only VIRULENT racism so that the merely borderline racists aren’t inconvenienced with looking in the mirror. Make the little white devils take polygraph tests where they are asked “Are you a virulent racist?” If they answer yes, then it’s ok to take a stand against them. If they say “well, I do say the n word occasionally” or “I support the police no matter how many blacks they kill” or “geez, slavery was so long ago can’t they just forget we put them in chains and hung them already?”, then we should just let those fine people slide. Seriously, this is the cop out that white people always give and why racism still exists. Apparently, their definition was of racism is always limited to wearing a white hood and *****ing a black guy. Anything just short of that and they are ok.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X