X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Logical Voice

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Life is a competition. Clubs view it as a competition. Lots of commitments from a club is used by parents as one barometer of which club to spend their tens of thousands of dollars on for training over the next several years. Naturally a club with many commitments checks a box on the parents list. A club with none or one or 2 is put at a disadvantage. And big money is at stake.
    If all the kids who want to play college ball at any of these clubs, actually get to do that, then how is any club winning over another club?

Isn't the real question whether or not a club actually assists in getting a player onto a college roster, for those that want to play? How many players at each club seeking to play college ball don't get onto a roster? What's the comparison there look like?

I'll be waiting..........

Comment

All those lists are still incomplete and will be for awhile.

However, congrats to all the kids who committed in this time of covid.

Colleges and campus closures, camps, HS and premier seasons, games, recruiting periods, reduced roster spots with holdovers , less athletic money, all being shut down on played havoc all spring, summer and fall with recruiting.

So well done kids.

Comment

If all the kids who want to play college ball at any of these clubs, actually get to do that, then how is any club winning over another club?

Isn't the real question whether or not a club actually assists in getting a player onto a college roster, for those that want to play? How many players at each club seeking to play college ball don't get onto a roster? What's the comparison there look like?

I'll be waiting..........
        You've asked this question before. Repeatedly. Players have to do most of the marketing of themselves. If a coach isn't buying, a club coach can only push so much, should they over promise. If the player flops that program is less likely to shop the club again. There's lots of players at all kinds of clubs that can't land a spot. IT's part of the tight funnel into college sports.

Comment

All those lists are still incomplete and will be for awhile.

However, congrats to all the kids who committed in this time of covid.

Colleges and campus closures, camps, HS and premier seasons, games, recruiting periods, reduced roster spots with holdovers , less athletic money, all being shut down on played havoc all spring, summer and fall with recruiting.

So well done kids.
          Top Drawer is typically complete when they graduate. Clubs ask kids to enter there. Looking at the 2020 list which is still up, it's pretty complete. I noticed the Glastonbury kid took down the UNC commitment, my guess that came at the insistence of UNC as she's not going there for soccer.

One thing is for sure, there are a lot less kids from CT moving to D1 this year. Just wasn't an overly strong year for CT. COVID probably played some role but very rarely does a CFC ECNL team see such a large chunk of it's roster going to D3 schools. Outlier year for them for sure.

Comment

NE Soccer Journal has Oakwood with more commits than either CFC or FSA. Your link is a reminder that some of the CFC superstars aren't yet committed.
            CFC Superstars? That is a joke those kids are one dimensional garden gnomes

Comment

Top Drawer is typically complete when they graduate. Clubs ask kids to enter there. Looking at the 2020 list which is still up, it's pretty complete. I noticed the Glastonbury kid took down the UNC commitment, my guess that came at the insistence of UNC as she's not going there for soccer.

One thing is for sure, there are a lot less kids from CT moving to D1 this year. Just wasn't an overly strong year for CT. COVID probably played some role but very rarely does a CFC ECNL team see such a large chunk of it's roster going to D3 schools. Outlier year for them for sure.
              This is not surprising as the 2003 class has been weak for years, not just at CFC but all clubs.

Comment

CFC Superstars? That is a joke those kids are one dimensional garden gnomes

Crawl back in your hole.

Comment

Is that complete? Are there really only 2 ivy commits and 1 MIT in all of Ct soccer last year?

Comment

Is that complete? Are there really only 2 ivy commits and 1 MIT in all of Ct soccer last year?
                    How many did you think will commit to 9 schools from one tiny state? Have to have the grades also.

Besides TDS is notoriously incomplete. Players or their clubs fill in the info. Here's last year's at the top 3

CFC http://www.connecticutfootballclub.c...otballclub.com
                    FSA http://www.fsafcunited.com/Page.asp?...safcunited.com
                    OW http://www.ussoccerda.com/college-commitments-2020

Comment

How many did you think will commit to 9 schools from one tiny state? Have to have the grades also.

Besides TDS is notoriously incomplete. Players or their clubs fill in the info. Here's last year's at the top 3

CFC http://www.connecticutfootballclub.c...otballclub.com
                      FSA http://www.fsafcunited.com/Page.asp?...safcunited.com
                      OW http://www.ussoccerda.com/college-commitments-2020
                      I thought there would be more from a well off new england state like Ct. with a soccer demographic that can swing leagues like multiple ecnl clubs. but I don't really know which is why I was asking. thank you for the information.

Comment

I thought there would be more from a well off new england state like Ct. with a soccer demographic that can swing leagues like multiple ecnl clubs. but I don't really know which is why I was asking. thank you for the information.
                        Considering any one school will only take 6-8 recruits from across the country I'm not sure why you think a state this size would have a large Ivy contingent, especially when as the poster said you also need the grades plus the soccer skills. If you look at those lists there's plenty of strong academic schools, not just Ivies, and lots of other programs as well. Being able to afford club soccer doesn't mean you're a top student.

Comment

This gives you a general idea. CFC leading both FSA and Oakwood by double number of recruit commitments .

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...rtDirections=1
                          You must be a newbie. Top Drawer Soccer list is as complete as the number of parents that sign up their kids on the site.

Comment

Someone posted the info from the clubs web sites. That looks to be more complete - at least for the clubs mentioned.

Comment

Let’s break this down .. parents whose kids are committed would not be bashing here, second clubs not spinning this wheel as the numbers at year end will be the launch pad for marketing into future years so this leaves the only obvious pot stirrers here which are parents of uncommitted kids who just could not get it done. Times up and it did not happen. Haters will hate move on.

Comment

You must be a newbie. Top Drawer Soccer list is as complete as the number of parents that sign up their kids on the site.
                                totally untrue
                                never signed my kid up and she is listed

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X