Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cjsa odp

Hi - is this worthwhile for boys u13 players? competitive and plays on ex-academy team (mls next). seems more for northern ct but dunno. we're in lower ffield. thx all!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi - is this worthwhile for boys u13 players? competitive and plays on ex-academy team (mls next). seems more for northern ct but dunno. we're in lower ffield. thx all!
    The short answer is NO.

ODP is akin to buying a VCR. It was great years ago but more or less fairly useless now.

The game has passed CJSA by. ODP is expensive and largely filled with players who struggle to make their HS varsity team in 10th grade.

Avoid at all costs.

Comment

Disagree with the hater. The more games and practice you can get the better. My daughter blossomed in ODP and is playing D1 now. It gave her a lot of confidence competing against other states and the summer camp was great.

Comment

I have my second player headed to D1 and agree with the hater.

Was good 8 or 9 years ago but pathetic when my youngest was involved.

Required some early Sunday mornings during the winter and travel to tournaments where CT thumped teams from Vermont etc

Use your soccer bullets wisely. Play at the highest club level possible. In addition to improving speed of play and decision making, it will also make your kid mentally tough.

If you want extra touches, have her play futsal in the winter when club commitments are less.

Stay very far from ODP!

Comment

My son has done ODP and loved it. He is a GK and he loves the extra practice he gets. Keeper coach AMC is hands down his favorite coach he has ever had anywhere. Level of play was fine. Not DA/ECNL but better than some CJSA branch team. Def some early Sunday mornings. Cost was approx $500 which isn't terrible. He also made some new friends from across the state.

Comment

thanks all. helpful input. some responses were about girls ... my player is a boy, so not sure if that is a major difference. i was leaning against given likely extensive travel. a bunch of players from his club do the nce training which seems closer - thoughts on that program for winter training? (sorry for dumb q's we're NYC escapees!)

Comment

thanks all. helpful input. some responses were about girls ... my player is a boy, so not sure if that is a major difference. i was leaning against given likely extensive travel. a bunch of players from his club do the nce training which seems closer - thoughts on that program for winter training? (sorry for dumb q's we're NYC escapees!)
              Honestly? Sounds like he is currently at the wrong club if you are so desperate for more or better training. Find another club ..... will be cheaper and more easy solution immediately and in the future. Both NCE and ODP accept a ton of mediocre players for checks. The top teams at good clubs set minimum bars that are far higher and your kid will have to work harder to keep up.

Comment

Honestly? Sounds like he is currently at the wrong club if you are so desperate for more or better training. Find another club ..... will be cheaper and more easy solution immediately and in the future. Both NCE and ODP accept a ton of mediocre players for checks. The top teams at good clubs set minimum bars that are far higher and your kid will have to work harder to keep up.
                Once you hit HS then no ODP is generally not worth it but the OPs kid is younger and at that age not all the better players have left yet. The OP also may not have good options near them in which case more training/possibly better training is a very good thing. It gives the OP some time to observe the landscape and possibly meet others who can help guide the family to a better place by HS.

With covid the club season is going to be a mess for awhile also so I say get what you can get.

Comment

My son has done ODP and loved it. He is a GK and he loves the extra practice he gets. Keeper coach AMC is hands down his favorite coach he has ever had anywhere. Level of play was fine. Not DA/ECNL but better than some CJSA branch team. Def some early Sunday mornings. Cost was approx $500 which isn't terrible. He also made some new friends from across the state.
                  Great point about the friendship aspect. My daughter rarely plays a college game where she doesn't have a friend on the opposing team from either her ODP or club days.

Comment

Great point about the friendship aspect. My daughter rarely plays a college game where she doesn't have a friend on the opposing team from either her ODP or club days.
                    Cjsa is really firing up this ODP email marketing. Isn't it wrong to collect all those emails from player passes to be used for email spams

Comment

Cjsa is really firing up this ODP email marketing. Isn't it wrong to collect all those emails from player passes to be used for email spams
                      Great way to get fleeced. Your coach might even show up at a field where ****ter is full

Comment

Great way to get fleeced. Your coach might even show up at a field where ****ter is full
                        Odp is perfect for your town rec toe driller

Comment

I agree! Just got an email for Some type of training at CFC from soccerhead...... I knew their new site (I forget who the underlying dirtbag company is besides CJSA would do this). I had raised concern to our useless travel soccer board and, well, they were useless. Great, now my personal email, which I take great care not to give out to dirtbag spammers will become overrun with garbage spam that I opted out of. How come citizens can’t do anything but corporations can violate laws without fear of prosecution? We can tap into every call and email in the world but we can’t stop spam and robocallers, right?

Comment

I agree! Just got an email for Some type of training at CFC from soccerhead...... I knew their new site (I forget who the underlying dirtbag company is besides CJSA would do this). I had raised concern to our useless travel soccer board and, well, they were useless. Great, now my personal email, which I take great care not to give out to dirtbag spammers will become overrun with garbage spam that I opted out of. How come citizens can’t do anything but corporations can violate laws without fear of prosecution? We can tap into every call and email in the world but we can’t stop spam and robocallers, right?
                            CJSA is king of spam

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X