Club rankings

Who has the most accurate age group rankings? Looking at u16 girls

https://youthsoccerrankings.us/rankings/NJ/16/Girls/

Comment

Are ecnl teams not ranked?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Their rankings in ECNL is the only useful measure.

Rankings across leagues become pretty meaningless once you hit the HS years since most of the better teams and players are in ECNL, MLS and GAL.

Comment

Why ?

Comment

I think many teams are not ranked because they haven't played enough games in the last 12 months.

Comment

Another website peddling an algorithm to get traffic. Rankings,Shmnakings. Totally irrelevant to anything other than those making money of them

Comment

I think many teams are not ranked because they haven't played enough games in the last 12 months.
                Also, ECNL changed their web site, so perhaps they need to update result scraper.

Comment

They used to be in here, the PDA 05 Strikers are clear #1 but other than them missing the rankings are pretty accurate.

Comment

No but GA teams are...CSA comes in at #25. Tells you all you need to know about the competition in that league. Teams like PDA Shore would cruise against GA teams and they are only ECRL just think about that.

Comment

No but GA teams are...CSA comes in at #25. Tells you all you need to know about the competition in that league. Teams like PDA Shore would cruise against GA teams and they are only ECRL just think about that.
                      I think about your wife sucking off our coach. Think about that! MF Shore, #1 in all age groups as it should be....

Comment

While these rankings are not perfect they are pretty accurate as they take into account opponents played and scores vs those opponents. So if your strength of schedule is weak (as it is in the GA) and on top of that results are not good it reflects in a poor ranking. Not saying that rankings are the end all but at least it provides an indication of how competitive the team is, basically like an American football BCS ranking.

Comment

While these rankings are not perfect they are pretty accurate as they take into account opponents played and scores vs those opponents. So if your strength of schedule is weak (as it is in the GA) and on top of that results are not good it reflects in a poor ranking. Not saying that rankings are the end all but at least it provides an indication of how competitive the team is, basically like an American football BCS ranking.
                          Not sure how anyone in their right mind can rely on this years rankings. It really isn't a honest rankings in the sense that some teams practiced during the mandatory shutdown, which game them an unfair advantage against anyone they played. Some teams didn't start full team practices till September. Some teams actually lost many of their players due to parents being concerned about Convid. In fact, I know three girls who were starters on their teams that didn't return this fall because of it. Many teams don't have full rosters, and the ones that do don't have the usual talented that they had pre-convid. IMO rankings don't mean **** this season, although I see many clubs on here and instagram bragging that they are #1,#2, etc... Let's talk rankings at the end of the spring season, that is if we don't get shut down again....

Comment

Not sure how anyone in their right mind can rely on this years rankings. It really isn't a honest rankings in the sense that some teams practiced during the mandatory shutdown, which game them an unfair advantage against anyone they played. Some teams didn't start full team practices till September. Some teams actually lost many of their players due to parents being concerned about Convid. In fact, I know three girls who were starters on their teams that didn't return this fall because of it. Many teams don't have full rosters, and the ones that do don't have the usual talented that they had pre-convid. IMO rankings don't mean **** this season, although I see many clubs on here and instagram bragging that they are #1,#2, etc... Let's talk rankings at the end of the spring season, that is if we don't get shut down again....
                            The rankings take into account games played the last 2 years....for all teams. Did some teams in NJ completely avoid COVID? I don’t get your point....some such as DA/GA played Fall seasons last year and this one too so those teams are definitely ranked with recent games played.

Comment

ECNL league games do not award any points for ranking systems.

So for U16 teams who have been ECNL for 3 years, they have not been accruing any points for all that time, unless they went to a tournament here and there that awards any. Meanwhile EDP, NPL, etc all award points so those teams end up rising in rankings.

Im pretty sure DA wasn't doing points either but i am not sure the plan for GA or MLS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X