Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are right. Now that my son's gone through recruiting I see how many people are blowing smoke on this thread.

I know someone who got into Williams with a 3.4 gpa to play soccer. For schools with low admit rates, having coach support is a virtual guarantee you'll get in.

There are exceptions to this rule -- MIT for one.
    Not the poster but yes some schools give more leeway than others to athletes, including Ivies. Others give give very little bend or none at all. Also a GPA at one school isn't always the same as another. There are also other factors that go into an applicant's story like great scores, ECs, personal stories. There's lots of generalities out there and many exceptions to the rules.

Comment

I think you are all forgetting how the whole college admission scandal fell apart. yale coach was taking money to get kids into school. therefore the admissions office did give it a lot of weight.
      ot at all
      those kids had the scores to get in, they paid for the test
      the coach stuff was icing on the cake, because they had already hacked the grades
      they also had paid admissions on the payroll

Comment

National Player Of The Year as voted bu United Soccer Coaches. Congratulations Scott Testori if Hand High School, Madison, CT.

Comment

National Player Of The Year as voted bu United Soccer Coaches. Congratulations Scott Testori if Hand High School, Madison, CT.
          congrats

Comment

Hahahahahaha. And he’s a walk-on at UConn. That goes to show all you need to know about these accolades. He would not start at Quinnipiac or U Hart

Comment

Hahahahahaha. And he’s a walk-on at UConn. That goes to show all you need to know about these accolades. He would not start at Quinnipiac or U Hart
              it certainly does
              it shows how good you have to be to even get a walk on spot at D1

Comment

it certainly does
                it shows how good you have to be to even get a walk on spot at D1
                pffftt. Doesn't cost RR a nickel and it gives the appearance that RR has local kids when the majority of his starters/top players are internationals.

Comment

pffftt. Doesn't cost RR a nickel and it gives the appearance that RR has local kids when the majority of his starters/top players are internationals.
                  I don't know this kid but how many of our kids scored 80 high school goals, never lost a state championship, 2 time all american, national player of the year and going to a school he wants to go to... raise your hand if your ct kid did that? Why not be happy for a kid from ct. Jeeez

Comment

I don't know this kid but how many of our kids scored 80 high school goals, never lost a state championship, 2 time all american, national player of the year and going to a school he wants to go to... raise your hand if your ct kid did that? Why not be happy for a kid from ct. Jeeez
                    Ray's program is a graveyard for once promising players. Just stating the facts. Maybe the kid will prove TS posters wrong.

Comment

Yes, because QU and Hartford are such amazing programs with a rich history of titles!!!

Comment

Let’s all just celebrate a local CT kid getting national credit.

Comment

Please do yourself a favor and stop using an anonymous message board to promote your kid. It never ends well here. The parents on this site are savages

Comment

Please do yourself a favor and stop using an anonymous message board to promote your kid. It never ends well here. The parents on this site are savages
                            I posted that and pretty sick of the stuff kids take on this site. Worst of all the numbnuts that roasts the yankee kid for shooting percentage. I don't know the yankee kid or this kid. Just read about their accomplishments. Great stuff. For those people that poke at kids that achieve. Shameful

Comment

he's been told that several times but still hasn't gotten the message.

Comment

Let’s all just celebrate a local CT kid getting national credit.
                                Sorry whose getting National credit? Did this kid make the USMNT roster? Typical Madison bravado worse than Fairfield county.. obnoxious

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X