Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's messing with the game. The enforcement of no GK movement is new and GKs have had little time to relearn something they've literally been doing for years. Using VAR to monitor that for a few inches is absurd, let pushing for this now in the WC.
    What's even more absurd is that they are giving yellow cards for it. It's one thing to have the kick retaken but with the way cards accumulate in these tournaments, to give one for coming just one small step early off the line is ridiculous. And to think, if a keeper were to do it twice in an actual penalty shootout, would they actually get a red?

Comment

What's even more absurd is that they are giving yellow cards for it. It's one thing to have the kick retaken but with the way cards accumulate in these tournaments, to give one for coming just one small step early off the line is ridiculous. And to think, if a keeper were to do it twice in an actual penalty shootout, would they actually get a red?
      Totally agree. Worse case scenario it should only be a do-over. Now was not the time to start enforcing this or using VAR to enforce it. To give a card is all but guaranteeing GKs will stand like statues and have zero chance of stopping a shot.

Comment

Everyone will talk about the VAR decision and pen retake, but the referee robbed both Scotland and their opponents of at least 5 more minutes of extra time to find a winning goal. And if either team had, they would very likely have advanced as a 3rd place (although the comeback felt like a win for Argentina, they ended up not going through on just the 2 pts.) It's almost as if the ref just completely forgot that the time it took for the VAR review had to be added on at the end. That should never happen at a World Cup.
        Not to mention the 5+ minutes they've been taking for these reviews screws up the flow of the game. It's terrible. Might as well watch US football and throw in TV time outs while they're at it.

Comment

The Women's World Cup Thread

Not to mention the 5+ minutes they've been taking for these reviews screws up the flow of the game. It's terrible. Might as well watch US football and throw in TV time outs while they're at it.
          var is a great idea yet still in its infancy....needs tweeking obviously....but in the end it takes power away from the referee and ultimately tells the truth.

Comment

US will lose today by one goal

Comment

var is a great idea yet still in its infancy....needs tweeking obviously....but in the end it takes power away from the referee and ultimately tells the truth.
              VAR is great to have, no different than NFL, NBA, etc. Not perfect, but it gets things right that the naked eye/human error misses. Way better than not having it.

Comment

Please send me your contact info, I’ll take that action.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                  please send me your contact info, i’ll take that action.
                  ou812

Comment

Totally agree. Worse case scenario it should only be a do-over. Now was not the time to start enforcing this or using VAR to enforce it. To give a card is all but guaranteeing GKs will stand like statues and have zero chance of stopping a shot.
                    this had nothing to do with norway winning their shootouts on saterday!!!!

Comment

you are obviously the same "anti-american/anti-lesbian" _sshole from earlier posts!!!!!

Comment

this had nothing to do with norway winning their shootouts on saterday!!!!
                        That post was BEFORE the Norway game.

Comment

VAR is great to have, no different than NFL, NBA, etc. Not perfect, but it gets things right that the naked eye/human error misses. Way better than not having it.
                          No, because NBA, NFL, and etc., all have frequent regular stoppages. Interntational soccer does not.

Plus have you seen VAR? The decisions are just as good or bad as regular reffing, but now they added wasted time and lofty expectations to the mix. Bad recipe. VAR has to just go away.

Comment

No, because NBA, NFL, and etc., all have frequent regular stoppages. Interntational soccer does not.

Plus have you seen VAR? The decisions are just as good or bad as regular reffing, but now they added wasted time and lofty expectations to the mix. Bad recipe. VAR has to just go away.
                            during norway and australia the referee had a chance to review her decisions and she changed her position on her previous calls after reviewing the footage....she was a responsible referee and did everything right....that ref should be a model for all the other referees to emulate thanks to VAR!!!!!!! all while adding more additional time in the end of each half.

Comment

You’re entitled to your opinion. Personally I’d rather have VAR in place, I haven’t seen any instances where it’s gotten the call wrong. When implemented correctly the stoppages should be brief, that will improve with time. There are excessive stoppages in both NFL and NBA as well, but I’d rather have them all get the calls right. Referees/officials are only human and miss too much with the speed of play, specifically offside. I like it. Maradona would not!

Comment

You’re entitled to your opinion. Personally I’d rather have VAR in place, I haven’t seen any instances where it’s gotten the call wrong. When implemented correctly the stoppages should be brief, that will improve with time. There are excessive stoppages in both NFL and NBA as well, but I’d rather have them all get the calls right. Referees/officials are only human and miss too much with the speed of play, specifically offside. I like it. Maradona would not!
                                It needs to be use more sparingly. A prime instance would be if a foul is in question and a different angle is needed to make the call, or to double check if a foul happened inside or outside the box. Sometimes fouls are done when the ref has their back turned. Someone suggested each team only getting one challenge per half which I like. Less likely to go for trivial calls

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X