Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mens natl team

For all you dreamers out there, the national team had lots of new faces last night and true to form, lots of miserable play.
    Should be fantastic opportunities for everyone to make the squad, especially with all the club training everyone has had...
    Oh wait, these new faces have risen through the club ranks...hhhmmm

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For all you dreamers out there, the national team had lots of new faces last night and true to form, lots of miserable play.
    Should be fantastic opportunities for everyone to make the squad, especially with all the club training everyone has had...
    Oh wait, these new faces have risen through the club ranks...hhhmmm
    eh, I think the U20s are more indicative of "coming up" thru the club (DA) ranks. and a lot of these guys playing pro in europe is also a generational change. Soto should get a shot at #9 in 2022 - guy just keeps proving himself at every level.

Comment

eh, I think the U20s are more indicative of "coming up" thru the club (DA) ranks. and a lot of these guys playing pro in europe is also a generational change. Soto should get a shot at #9 in 2022 - guy just keeps proving himself at every level.
      Yes, they certainly are .... playing against every other country's 3rd or 4th string U20s as their top U20s are not their because of their pro contracts. only the 3rd time a Caribbean nation has beaten us at home ..... twice in the last 4 years. Ain't that karma for USSF!!! Nice job fellas, take the summer off and write yourselves big, fat checks .... you are doing a bang up job .... thanks for jumping in to help our top ranked girls .... it's clear you know what you are doing.

Comment

Yes, they certainly are .... playing against every other country's 3rd or 4th string U20s as their top U20s are not their because of their pro contracts. only the 3rd time a Caribbean nation has beaten us at home ..... twice in the last 4 years. Ain't that karma for USSF!!! Nice job fellas, take the summer off and write yourselves big, fat checks .... you are doing a bang up job .... thanks for jumping in to help our top ranked girls .... it's clear you know what you are doing.
        Who, big fella! These are not other country’s 3rd and 4th string teams playing in the U-20 World Cup. For example, France had its top players at that age group and we beat them 3-2. That means players from PSG, Lyon, etc., either on the reserve team or with senior caps.

And you seem to be mixing up the current men’s U-20 WC with the senior USMNT friendlies and upcoming USWNT WC. These teams don’t “jump in” to help each other. It’s not like Alex Morgan jumps in to play with the USMNT.

I agree last night’s loss for the USMNT to Jamaica was humiliating. A lot of tweaking with formations and forgetting you have an opponent to beat. I think the US has talent, which it didn’t have in the past few years, and if they can focus on beating the opponent more instead of overthinking their shape they can win games.

Comment

Who, big fella! These are not other country’s 3rd and 4th string teams playing in the U-20 World Cup. For example, France had its top players at that age group and we beat them 3-2. That means players from PSG, Lyon, etc., either on the reserve team or with senior caps.

And you seem to be mixing up the current men’s U-20 WC with the senior USMNT friendlies and upcoming USWNT WC. These teams don’t “jump in” to help each other. It’s not like Alex Morgan jumps in to play with the USMNT.

I agree last night’s loss for the USMNT to Jamaica was humiliating. A lot of tweaking with formations and forgetting you have an opponent to beat. I think the US has talent, which it didn’t have in the past few years, and if they can focus on beating the opponent more instead of overthinking their shape they can win games.
          and before anyone jumps in to correct, Kylian Mbappe is not technically eligible for the U20 WC as he was born December 1998, while this WC is Jan 1, 1999 and later.

Comment

tired of hearing the excuses - Jamaica was much sharper and faster on and off the ball. We have a looooong way to go.

Comment

tired of hearing the excuses - Jamaica was much sharper and faster on and off the ball. We have a looooong way to go.
              I hope we keep trying to play out of the back...

Comment

I hope we keep trying to play out of the back...
                They do, the keeper catches it and then boots it .... cant get much further back than that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X