Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Guess you’ve never been to NJ if you think RI is bad.
    It's been a while. I try to avoid the NJ Turnpike. Thanks, now I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Comment

Nope. Long Island parents. Worst evah.

Comment

Out in Lancaster for NEP final four weekend yesterday and was sitting in the shade between my daughters game and two GPS U12 teams were playing. One the coaches just wouldn't shut up. His constant complaining to the ref got all the parents going, plus his constant yelling at his girls on what to do at every point. I think sun poisoning would have been better than having to listen.

Comment

Out in Lancaster for NEP final four weekend yesterday and was sitting in the shade between my daughters game and two GPS U12 teams were playing. One the coaches just wouldn't shut up. His constant complaining to the ref got all the parents going, plus his constant yelling at his girls on what to do at every point. I think sun poisoning would have been better than having to listen.
          But that is what we were taught at GPS coaching clinic. We spent an entire day on how to ride a ref. And then we had a long session on how to coach on the ball. But we did have time at the end to spend a few minutes on formation and counter attack. I don't remember the details on that last part though. Good stuff.

Comment

Nope. Long Island *LAX* parents. Worst evah.
            fixed it for you

Comment

Tool bag

GPS South Coast in the house. That was my daughters team that played against that tool bag coach and his weak team. And yes all he did was complain about the lack of calls. Tell your girls to toughen up. Who cares if we broke two of there girls wrists and another girls foot. They should have never been on the field with us anyways. Southside in the house.

Comment

Reffing

But that is what we were taught at GPS coaching clinic. We spent an entire day on how to ride a ref. And then we had a long session on how to coach on the ball. But we did have time at the end to spend a few minutes on formation and counter attack. I don't remember the details on that last part though. Good stuff.
                Long time ref here. 15 years experience reffing. National C coaching license. In excess of 3,000 matches under my belt. I’ve finally had enough and resigned. Incompetent coaches and s out of control parents. I’m out. Buh bye. No longer worth the aggravation.

Comment

Long time ref here. 15 years experience reffing. National C coaching license. In excess of 3,000 matches under my belt. I’ve finally had enough and resigned. Incompetent coaches and s out of control parents. I’m out. Buh bye. No longer worth the aggravation.
                  200 matches a year ? Are you counting indoor games ?

Comment

Not the OP, but I know some refs could knock off a half-dozen games a weekend. Add in indoor games, could do 40 a week.

Comment

Not the OP, but I know some refs could knock off a half-dozen games a weekend. Add in indoor games, could do 40 a week.
                      Yes, that's true.

That's why I asked about indoor.

The problem can be is doing that many games, how good of a Referee can you be ? Standing in the center circle to make calls isn't quality. That only leads to more confrontations with parents and coaches.

Comment

80% full sided. 20% indoor 7 v 7 no boards. Mixture of youth and adult leagues. Some weeks I have done 12 or more 60 minute outdoor matches. I could work 7 days a week if I wanted to.

Comment

Yes, that's true.

That's why I asked about indoor.

The problem can be is doing that many games, how good of a Referee can you be ? Standing in the center circle to make calls isn't quality. That only leads to more confrontations with parents and coaches.
                          Indoor is different. You position yourself so you can keep all players in sight. Outdoors depends if you are working by yourself or as part of a crew. Also depends whether it’s 7 v 7 or full sided. Positioning is just as important as keeping up with the play.

Comment

80% full sided. 20% indoor 7 v 7 no boards. Mixture of youth and adult leagues. Some weeks I have done 12 or more 60 minute outdoor matches. I could work 7 days a week if I wanted to.
                            Pretty good. I did more indoor games over a similar period of time. Getting games was never an issue, same with you.

Comment

Pretty good. I did more indoor games over a similar period of time. Getting games was never an issue, same with you.
                              November to March in New England there’s not much outdoor soccer;)

Comment

November to March in New England there’s not much outdoor soccer;)
                                Yes. I have done games in December. Not fun.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X