Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screaming at the Refs

Is it my imagination, or has parent/coach/player screaming at the refs moving to a whole different level? I can't imagine wanting to work in such a hostile workplace for such little pay. Why do people feel entitled to do it?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is it my imagination, or has parent/coach/player screaming at the refs moving to a whole different level? I can't imagine wanting to work in such a hostile workplace for such little pay. Why do people feel entitled to do it?
    I don't think it's getting worse. Well, I should say, society is less pleasant so this just falls in line.

Why? Because people are used to yelling at the TV and forget kids can hear them now.

Comment

Does your kid play for GPS?

Comment

My kid makes $50 an hour to laugh at those parents.

Comment

Nope, was at the stars complex and MYSA over the weekend. Both state cup games and ECNL games. Just constant yelling. Even the kids. Bit the parents were the worst.

Comment

go watch Western United Pioneers

Comment

Go watch Valeo

Comment

Go watch Valeo
                You don't even need to watch...just listen. I had no choice but to listen when my kid's team played them in a tournament last month. There were 3 Valeo coaches on the bench, and between them they had something to say on every call--and non-call--from the whistle to the bell. My kid told me the players were from multiple Valeo teams. Apparently the coaches couldn't agree on who should yell so they all came. And yelled. And whined. And lost.

Comment

My kid and all of his friends hate reffing (especially as centers) for this reason.

Comment

Ego defensiveness.

Comment

My kid and all of his friends hate reffing (especially as centers) for this reason.
                      Both my kids ref and say its gotten worse. One had a u8 game recently where one player kept yelling at a teammate until she started to cry and ran off the field. Coach, parents said nothing. Rec soccer btw.

Comment

Nothing tops the Bolts. whether soccer or futsal. Yell at refs at every opportunity real or imaginary. One of the reasons why we left.

Comment

Go watch Valeo
                          Valeo players don't have time to yell at refs. They're too busy yelling at each other.

Comment

You know it's bad when Mass parents behave worse than RI parents (never thought this could be possible).

Comment

Guess you’ve never been to NJ if you think RI is bad.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X