Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This. If coaches are calling YOU, you have lots of leverage. If it's you calling THEM only, you don't.
    Coaches can't directly call until junior year.

If they really want you they'll give you a little time to think about it. But they won't wait months, maybe a few weeks max, less if you're average for them. They need to go down their list to the next player if you're not going to take it. You have to kind of attack all your target schools nearly at once. Try to avoid sequentially with big gaps of time.

Comment

Ask your College Coordinator for your club
      yeah lol there's a wasted position. generally a person who played college soccer 20 years ago with little knowledge of how much the recruiting landscape has changed and does it as their third or fourth job behind #1 their real job, #2 their coaching job and #3 their marriage and/or own children. Bad advice.

Comment

College recruiting

yeah lol there's a wasted position. generally a person who played college soccer 20 years ago with little knowledge of how much the recruiting landscape has changed and does it as their third or fourth job behind #1 their real job, #2 their coaching job and #3 their marriage and/or own children. Bad advice.
        True to understand the college recruiting landscape you need to be in the thick of it now.

Comment

This. If coaches are calling YOU, you have lots of leverage. If it's you calling THEM only, you don't.
          It's obvious most people replying on here have no idea about recruiting.

Comment

It's obvious most people replying on here have no idea about recruiting.
            The person quoted below does. I thought it was spot on.

I am sure there are other similar stories out there, but I know a player that was offered a spot at UC Boulder. Did her due diligence and looked at other schools, but when she went back to UC they said spot was already taken. Keep in mind each school is only going to offer any where from 4-8 spots per year and they receive hundreds of inquiries daily. If you have ever seen a coaches recruiting board they have 5-7 players at each position that they are actively recruiting. This is a game of timing

Comment

The person quoted below does. I thought it was spot on.

I am sure there are other similar stories out there, but I know a player that was offered a spot at UC Boulder. Did her due diligence and looked at other schools, but when she went back to UC they said spot was already taken. Keep in mind each school is only going to offer any where from 4-8 spots per year and they receive hundreds of inquiries daily. If you have ever seen a coaches recruiting board they have 5-7 players at each position that they are actively recruiting. This is a game of timing
              Forgot to mention she was a dime a dozen, talent wise. Once the giveaway spots are filled, only talent can get you a spot then.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X