• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    $400 for the kit. $3900 total.
    $300 for a returning field player before the discount

Comment

GPS are supposedly going after Juventus Academy Boston after a few coaches have jumped ship and took their teams with them. Isn’t this a case of what goes around, comes around? Years worth of dirt could now see the beginning of the end........
      Yeah you nailed it. One new club is going to bring GPS to its knees. Juventus will survive GPS coming after them.. and GPS won't be affected that much by the departure of these coaches, they'll simply market and rebuild, even in the South Coast region where they lost their DOC and other coaches.

Comment

Yeah you nailed it. One new club is going to bring GPS to its knees. Juventus will survive GPS coming after them.. and GPS won't be affected that much by the departure of these coaches, they'll simply market and rebuild, even in the South Coast region where they lost their DOC and other coaches.
        Unless they end whatever visa program they bring that GPS brings its young, inexperienced coaches into the US on...

Comment

GPS doesn’t develop, they only recruit.
          They are overpriced and have to gather players from multiple
          regions in order to get results. No development, the club is a British accent speaking daycare for the clueless.
          Daycare for clueless. Perfect for car magnet

Comment

say what you want

Say what you want, but my son has gotten great benefits from GPS.
            Soccer development and opportunity have been best with GPS.

Sure, hate them if you want for the business model that they have developed...and the oodles of dollars that they are bringing in.....but....the soccer is excellent.

Comment

Say what you want, but my son has gotten great benefits from GPS.
              Soccer development and opportunity have been best with GPS.

Sure, hate them if you want for the business model that they have developed...and the oodles of dollars that they are bringing in.....but....the soccer is excellent.
              Same experience for us on girls side. GPS more than any other club consistently trains teams to "play from the back". Contrary to other poster's thought GPS Develops, then players leave for recruiting platform in prime HS years.

Comment

The GPS-is-expensive argument shows a gross misunderstanding of the market.

At the low-end club soccer is merely entertainment (NEP, and below). How can one family judge what another spends on entertainment? Would you make fun of me for encouraging my daughter to play golf, or ski?

At the high-end it's about exposure and college placement. Parents grumble about travel cost, but I don't know anyone changing their club decision based on the tuition+kit fees, which are a fraction of the total cost of participation.

Even if were to concede that GPS is more expensive, can you tell me what segment of the market Cares?

Comment

Same experience for us on girls side. GPS more than any other club consistently trains teams to "play from the back". Contrary to other poster's thought GPS Develops, then players leave for recruiting platform in prime HS years.
                  Why do players feel the need to leave?

Comment

Why do players feel the need to leave?
                    your question suggests that you have data showing the more players (percentage of the whole) leave GPS than players leave other clubs? No one has ever left NEFC, Stars, Bolts etc etc?
                    Why players leaves clubs is another thread but we can certainly discuss it here.

Players leave for better opportunity elsewhere, or a better fit. Maybe the commute is too long. Maybe the game time is too little. Maybe the price isn't right. My child left one club because it was a bad fit even though playtime was good. The coach was an ass. He left another club since the top team wasn't offered and commitment fell dramatically below the top level. GPS has been great. I didn't find the cost this past year to be more than any other year. In fact, it was a little less.

Comment

your question suggests that you have data showing the more players (percentage of the whole) leave GPS than players leave other clubs? No one has ever left NEFC, Stars, Bolts etc etc?
                      Why players leaves clubs is another thread but we can certainly discuss it here.

Players leave for better opportunity elsewhere, or a better fit. Maybe the commute is too long. Maybe the game time is too little. Maybe the price isn't right. My child left one club because it was a bad fit even though playtime was good. The coach was an ass. He left another club since the top team wasn't offered and commitment fell dramatically below the top level. GPS has been great. I didn't find the cost this past year to be more than any other year. In fact, it was a little less.
                      Your first sentence suggests that you’re really overthinking this.

Someone already answered the question.

”players leave for recruiting platform in prime HS years.”

Comment

Daycare for clueless. Perfect for car magnet
                        The car magnet is HUGE!

Comment

Unless they end whatever visa program they bring that GPS brings its young, inexperienced coaches into the US on...
                          I'd think you'd see a full sale of the company, immediately -and alot of "marriages"

Comment

The GPS-is-expensive argument shows a gross misunderstanding of the market.

At the low-end club soccer is merely entertainment (NEP, and below). How can one family judge what another spends on entertainment? Would you make fun of me for encouraging my daughter to play golf, or ski?

At the high-end it's about exposure and college placement. Parents grumble about travel cost, but I don't know anyone changing their club decision based on the tuition+kit fees, which are a fraction of the total cost of participation.

Even if were to concede that GPS is more expensive, can you tell me what segment of the market Cares?
                            $450 for a players uniform - 30% rebate goes back to club. Suckers!!!

Comment

$450 for a players uniform - 30% rebate goes back to club. Suckers!!!
                              you really don't understand. The market doesn't care.
                              Parents pay a premium for all clothes with a logo. Why is this different?

Assuming all clubs have some mark-up, and assuming GPS is "the worst" and is 2x the markup of everyone else, do you think a parent should choose a different club over $68?

Maybe you do, and I applaud your value system, I just don't think it's representative of the larger market. Who would change club over a round of drinks, a Jeff Cup sweatshirt, or a tank of gas in their SUV.

Comment

you really don't understand. The market doesn't care.
                                Parents pay a premium for all clothes with a logo. Why is this different?

Assuming all clubs have some mark-up, and assuming GPS is "the worst" and is 2x the markup of everyone else, do you think a parent should choose a different club over $68?

Maybe you do, and I applaud your value system, I just don't think it's representative of the larger market. Who would change club over a round of drinks, a Jeff Cup sweatshirt, or a tank of gas in their SUV.
                                no one wants to wear GPS gear. Watered down crap

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X