Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't SUSC playing in the NEP NH State Cup?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2484766]$1300 is what it cost for teams to enter state cups in NH for USYS.

I was referring to NHSL teams going to presidents cup or regionals and getting demolished just like our ODP teams do.[/QUOTE

Ny bad.... it’s $1100 and $1200. Still nothing to be sniffed at when you’re only playing one game, (or none at all) and go straight to regionals or nationals.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      But but but, the big shot said all SUSC teams were in USYA state cup. More rumors from clueless trolls.

There isn’t enough teams to have 2 state cups, And the gulf in standard between NEP teams and NHSL teams would make it silly to combine both. Just do what they’ve done on the past, keep the NHSL state cup, where you automatically go to regionals because nobody wants to pay the $13000 to play one game, then get hammered by real teams down south.
      Think you threw an extra 0 in there, pal.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2484769]
        $1300 is what it cost for teams to enter state cups in NH for USYS.

I was referring to NHSL teams going to presidents cup or regionals and getting demolished just like our ODP teams do.[/QUOTE

Ny bad.... it’s $1100 and $1200. Still nothing to be sniffed at when you’re only playing one game, (or none at all) and go straight to regionals or nationals.
        Agreed, and I know there was pushback last year from parents when they won one game in a blow-out, and were on to Colorado right after.

Comment

Do you have a link that shows they are going or is this a rumor? Not trying to be a d1ck, just wanted to see who was going!
          NH USYS State Cup brackets haven't been posted as far as I know, but Peak 03 girls are definitely fundraising for Regionals.

Comment

NH USYS State Cup brackets haven't been posted as far as I know, but Peak 03 girls are definitely fundraising for Regionals.
            it’s not why you know it’s who you know I guess

Comment

it’s not why you know it’s who you know I guess
              It's possible that any team that have no in-state games have been notified.

Comment

I got the word, and I think it was on this board (so take that for what it's worth) that the New England Region's states typically were good about sending teams into the Nationals, so they would all have the ability to do so. It ensured there would be participation, so if you won the state you'd get a free pass.

It does seem odd that li'l ole' New Hampshire gets a shot straight to the Nationals. There should be more Regional play to filter that out. That being said, I believe NH teams have fared OK when they did attend.
                Thanks seacoast for completely screwing up the state cup landscape again. I presumed it was standard op that nep state cup was for club teams and usys was for town travel level. Maybe seacoast got tired of losing to gps on the boys side and this was damaging their da recruiting, knowing that da teams don't compete but for some there is linkage or not understanding the difference. With seacoast not participating I am not sure how legitimate any nep state cup winner would be. Let's make sure the **** key is ready to go.

Comment

Let's try to sort through this....

Seacoast's top teams don't compete in State Cups.

Seacoast blamed for their being no competition with GPS because their second teams "got tired of losing".

Yet with them not competing there's no legitimate winner.

Pretty funny.

Comment

Still waiting for the big mouth who said they had it on good authority they were playing USYA state cup to admit he/she is a troll who loves to stir the pot.

Comment

Still waiting for the big mouth who said they had it on good authority they were playing USYA state cup to admit he/she is a troll who loves to stir the pot.
                      Not the OP,

But, I thought the troll you were referring to is the one who is upset that their boys 2nd teams aren't there to lose, and as a result that's what's wrong with the State Cup

Comment

You are totally wrong, they are in USYSA State Cup not US Club...sorry
                        This guy ^^

Comment

It's odd to me that the biggest club in NH is not playing in the NEP NH State Cup. http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=71436

Does anyone know the reason for this considering they did play in previous years?

The cynic/realist in me thinks not enough gotsoccer points for SUSC teams, as I looked at last year's results and the state cup winner only got 30 points.
                          The fact is they chose to not participate in the NEP State Cup.

I bet some of the deciding criteria were things like: They can't use DA kids, low GS points, setting their 2nd/3rd teams up to possibly lose badly and not wanting to pay for coaches and have families of 2nd/3rd teams incur the cost to attend a tourney in Colorado were/are all factors in their decision.

It's unfortunate as this year NH and ME are combined into one state cup. If SUSC supported the event and made the NH and ME teams attend there would potentially be much better competition in both the boys and girls sides.

Comment

The fact is they chose to not participate in the NEP State Cup.

I bet some of the deciding criteria were things like: They can't use DA kids, low GS points, setting their 2nd/3rd teams up to possibly lose badly and not wanting to pay for coaches and have families of 2nd/3rd teams incur the cost to attend a tourney in Colorado were/are all factors in their decision.

It's unfortunate as this year NH and ME are combined into one state cup. If SUSC supported the event and made the NH and ME teams attend there would potentially be much better competition in both the boys and girls sides.
                            So someone doesn't read previous posts. It is very simple, they do not want to travel to Colorado. The teams voted and decided USYSA was closer and more affordable.

Comment

Does it really matter, we all know NH soccer sucks

Comment

So someone doesn't read previous posts. It is very simple, they do not want to travel to Colorado. The teams voted and decided USYSA was closer and more affordable.
                                So someone (this guy ^^) doesn’t have a clue. They are NOT doing USYSA state cup, because they’re not affiliated with USYSA. Do you think the teams have a say in which competitions they enter? State cup, tournaments, leagues etc? No chance.

Also agree with the statement about NH soccer

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X