• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Date: June 2, 2019 at 3:58:07 PM EDT
    To: undisclosed-recipients:;
    Subject: Fwd: Future of the North Region
    North region families,

After exhausting our options in this narrow timeframe, before tryouts commence, we have reached the difficult decision that we will not continue to run the North Region next year with the exception of a few teams. Coaches are free to work for whomever they would like and we will not try to prevent that. For the most part NEP member clubs have done their best to work together in these situations. The NEP league has made it very clear to the Aztecs management that coaches who decided to leave NEFC and join another club will not be able to coach in the same age group next year that they coached with under NEFC.

We also have no intention of harming the players due to one individuals’ action and will not prevent them from playing with their friends and playing in Premiership brackets.

We would like to provide families with as much time as possible to survey their options and allow players which are interested in staying with NEFC to have the option to try-out for a different region. The nearest regions to the North Region are:

• Central-Marlborough/Mendon, Mass
    • Metro North-Belmont/Concord, Mass
    • North Shore- Hamilton/Danvers, Ma
    Please register on the website if you are interested or if you have questions the contact information is on the website.

Regards,
    BM - President, NEFC
    This is strange as that "region" was essentially NWC, with the a lot of the legacy NWC coaches still there, can't continue. One coach leaving for Aztecs forces them to close up shop?? Weird the other remaining coaches like PM, DW and BV wouldn't just pick up tasks RG did and keep things going. A club that was a staple in southern NH, sells to a big club and is gone within 2 years.

Comment

Wow, NEFC looks like they tore down a once-good club. I was never a fan of NWC, but they were always good and, I believe, the first "Club" in NH. It looks like they were never really able to gain any traction in NH, which is somewhat surprising as it looks like the opportunity was there.

Possibly too close to their North Shore program?

Weird.

Comment

Well, I guess that leaves GPS as the only option in southern NH. Wonderful...

Comment

Wow, NEFC looks like they tore down a once-good club. I was never a fan of NWC, but they were always good and, I believe, the first "Club" in NH. It looks like they were never really able to gain any traction in NH, which is somewhat surprising as it looks like the opportunity was there.

Possibly too close to their North Shore program?

Weird.
          Missed regional opportunity. Someone club should move on that.

Comment

Well, I guess that leaves GPS as the only option in southern NH. Wonderful...
            Boys, yes. GPS has blown up their girls program and is starting over again. Going to be a few years before they are back on their feet again.

Comment

The NEFC North DOC quit and went to Aztecs NH less than a week before the start of tryouts. IMO a pretty crappy move giving only a half week notice.Then again this is club soccer and there are so many unprofessionals in the biz it's not that surprising. The day before he officially quit we received an email for Aztecs NH tryouts which was odd considering the fact that we've never been on any Aztecs mailing list. I'm guessing that the DOC took NEFC's customer email list and gave it to Aztecs. We can't wait to join Aztecs NH. Not.

Comment

Aztecs NH?

Ugh...worst team we'd play and now they are going to expand?

Boy I don't miss those days....

Comment

The NEFC North DOC quit and went to Aztecs NH less than a week before the start of tryouts. IMO a pretty crappy move giving only a half week notice.Then again this is club soccer and there are so many unprofessionals in the biz it's not that surprising. The day before he officially quit we received an email for Aztecs NH tryouts which was odd considering the fact that we've never been on any Aztecs mailing list. I'm guessing that the DOC took NEFC's customer email list and gave it to Aztecs. We can't wait to join Aztecs NH. Not.
                  RG is an absolute prlck. This falls right in line with something he'd do.

Comment

Boys, yes. GPS has blown up their girls program and is starting over again. Going to be a few years before they are back on their feet again.
                    How did they blow up their Girls program?

Comment

Well, first, it was always secondary to the Boys. That was known from within the program and out. Second, once they brought in AH there was an exodus of players, so the last 3 years have been rough. Now that he was kicked out, they are starting over again with resources at the younger ages and will let the others age out. 04 and above will always be decent, but participation is down a lot. 05-07 looks to be a bit rough, but I'm hopeful younger than that they can gain what they had previously.

Comment

As previously mentioned, why couldn't someone step up to take over the DOC position? My guess is this region wasn't profitable for NEFC and it was a good time to cut them loose.

Upon separation from NWC, the price was to stay the same for 2 years - $1300 for the spring. Not sure what the price is at the other NEFC regions...

Comment

As previously mentioned, why couldn't someone step up to take over the DOC position? My guess is this region wasn't profitable for NEFC and it was a good time to cut them loose.

Upon separation from NWC, the price was to stay the same for 2 years - $1300 for the spring. Not sure what the price is at the other NEFC regions...
                          There were/are some others involved who I think could've done it. They've held similar roles with other organizations in the past. But, RG was pretty much "it" there.

But, I think NEFC looked at it as a wasteland and a good opportunity to cut bait. They have enough of a presence in northern MA, I would assume, to make due.

Comment

They didn't.... This is someone with an axe to grind or trying to scare people off. There are strong age groups and weaker age groups (similar to every other club). Tryout time makes people CRAZY!

Comment

They didn't.... This is someone with an axe to grind or trying to scare people off. There are strong age groups and weaker age groups (similar to every other club). Tryout time makes people CRAZY!
                              Sorry, just first hand experience also something I heard for years but was in denial. My head was in the sand, too, for a long while. Eventually I woke up.

Again, much more positive vibes at the younger ages and honestly, at the oldest it's not worth devoting too much time into it as they are nearing the end anyway. Those middle-aged groups felt it the most.

Hope they are able to turn it around as it strategically serves a great purpose and like all NH teams, I want them all to do well.

Comment

Sorry, just first hand experience also something I heard for years but was in denial. My head was in the sand, too, for a long while. Eventually I woke up.

Again, much more positive vibes at the younger ages and honestly, at the oldest it's not worth devoting too much time into it as they are nearing the end anyway. Those middle-aged groups felt it the most.

Hope they are able to turn it around as it strategically serves a great purpose and like all NH teams, I want them all to do well.
                                Hahaha.... “eventually I woke up”... So, where did you end up, Mr. Awoken Dad... Lol.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X