Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone can make a team, absolutely! The OYSA can only accept teams from member clubs.

Right now there is a moratorium on accepting 'newly created' clubs.

The More you Know!
    Sounds to me like you are just writing this to sway anyone into looking at her new thing. Why would a non-profit entity setup to encourage kids to have an opportunity to play have a moratorium on new clubs?

Comment

Sounds to me like you are just writing this to sway anyone into looking at her new thing. Why would a non-profit entity setup to encourage kids to have an opportunity to play have a moratorium on new clubs?
      This is the end of THUSC as we know it. It will hurt CU ECNL at younger age groups.

Comment

Um, how about quality control. Fewer 11-0 games.

Comment

This is the end of THUSC as we know it. It will hurt CU ECNL at younger age groups.
          It be a net zero in the short-term because THUSC is producing very few CU players even at the younger ages now, and will be beneficial in the longer term.

Comment

Making the money

To many clubs pretending to be non profits but really they are just trying to be money making enterprises. The goal needs to be putting standards in place to protect the kids. Youth soccer should be fun time for youth.

Why does the Westside need another soccer club or the anywhere in Portland for that matter. The goal of OYSA is to service the community first not a venture in capitalism.

Comment

OYSA has a moratorium on allowing any new clubs. So they won't be allowed in.

OYSA is cracking down on 'clubs of convenience' that offer registration to nomadic teams and coaches without a club. see GPS and Chance Soccer Academy.

Following them to a local rented field to work on skills might be doable.
              ^^ this.

Comment

But...... Rochelle is “friends” with Nelson so who knows.....
                You mean she's going to PCU?

Comment

You mean she's going to PCU?
                  Oregon soccer:
                  Now we have CU vs FC vs DA vs OYSA vs Rochelle's Club
                  It's all just a viscious circle isn't it? Nobody likes anyone else and everyone is the very best. Easier when it was just the GDA hating on ECNL and vice versa.

Comment

Oregon soccer:
                    It's all just a viscious circle isn't it? Nobody likes anyone else and everyone is the very best. Easier when it was just the GDA hating on ECNL and vice versa.
                    "Rochelle's Club" sounds like the name of a nudie bar....

Comment

Oregon soccer:
                      Don’t forget the MJ and wash timbers parking lot hate!

Comment

Don’t forget the MJ and wash timbers parking lot hate!
                        LOL I hate Harmony's parking lot

Comment

It's not really a parking lot, now is it? It's more like a BMX course that someone dumped gravel on.

Comment

If R takes a bunch of players with her doesn’t that take money out of the club?

40 players is 60k easy?

Comment

It's not really a parking lot, now is it? It's more like a BMX course that someone dumped gravel on.
                              I mean I don't dislike Washington Timbers and find the gun range jokes over the top, but that parking lot is horrible!

As a side note to my fellow Oregonians visiting there - it is RIGHT TURN ONLY when you leave the parking lot! Wish the sign was bigger, but it says right turn only. Left turn is super dangerous and slows down traffic.

Almost started honking my horn this weekend at Oregon plate in front of my waiting for a left turn opening with a dozen cars behind them, but that wouldn't be an Oregonian thing to do!

Comment

We were there last weekend. There’s a sign that says June 1st they will be starting the new parking lot with a traffic light entering and exiting the lot. That will be nice

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X