Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oregon's best girls have never been anything to write home about for 30 years.

With this documented history you'd think they would do worse actually.

The more you know!
    30 years? A bit exreme. Within the last 20 years
    We have a world cup gold medalist and elite world goal scorer, several players on the first team for US soccer, several pro (many stil playing currently), NWSL National champion, players in top Pac12 programs and deep D1 national tournament runs, and several players representing various national teams.

We are not nearly as good as we are capable. This does not mean we can dismiss all of the talent that hqs come through and the developing talent

Comment

30 years? A bit exreme. Within the last 20 years
      We have a world cup gold medalist and elite world goal scorer, several players on the first team for US soccer, several pro (many stil playing currently), NWSL National champion, players in top Pac12 programs and deep D1 national tournament runs, and several players representing various national teams. We are not nearly as good as we are capable. This does not mean we can dismiss all of the talent that hqs come through and the developing talent
      1 relevant player in the late 80's til early 200'ss when the game was in it's infancy, in 30+ years of having club and HS programs in Oregon this is called coincidence.

Not even a USYS Regional Champion ever,
      (pre-DA & the 3-4 year span when US Club had most of the best girls clubs)

About 5 years ago a couple of outlier neighborhood clubs joined the US Club ECNL league during it's former heyday (pre DA) and those two clubs results in the US Club ecnl league made the DA Thorns results of the modern day look impressive by comparison.

It's not extreme to document that we have never been a source of quality National or Regional level girls clubs teams. It's a fact.

Sending Oregon girls to college and rostering on teams is not some measuring stick since there are over 700+ girls teams due to title ix collegiate manipulation.

List the D1 All Americans over the last 30 years from Oregon.

D2, DIII, NAIA and JC are so watered down due to the demands of filling 350 D1 rosters that d2 & especially NAIA levels now have almost all internationals as their top stars.

Representing 3rd world countries as a US dual citizen speaks to the quality we don't have in Oregon. Seriously.

Comment

Rochelle's marketing of female empowerment is hollow and a ruse. She berates players and doesn't foster an environment of female empowerment at all. Way to opportunistically cash in on the zeitgeist in society without actually walking the talk ...
        My daughter played for Rochelle for 1 year and that was about 360 days TOO long. She is absolutely NOT in it for the girls. She is in it for HERSELF and her own SELF-PROMOTION. My daughter was not all league in HS but was a captain and had fun and enjoyed her HS soccer FAR more than ever playing for RH. She belittled girls, screamed at girls, yelled and threw hissy fits on the sidelines all the time. She didn't coach, she yelled. She threw tantrums. Absolutely ZERO respect for her and her antics and style.

Comment

Kevin Legg = High Integrity

Jason Gardner = High Integrity

Kathryn Loescher = High Integrity
          I spit my coffee out this morning. I have shovels, axes and hoes in my tool shed that are sharper and smarter than Jason Gardner. How that guy became president of the board is beyond me. Well, actually I do know why, no one would ever run against him because they are afraid of him so he basically runs unopposed (just like Putin in Russia).....but, he is NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer by any stretch of the word. It's unfortunate because I had been to several board meetings and there were a lot of talented and successful folks that offered up brilliant suggestions and ideas to the board of THUSC and they were always shot down or squashed at the mention. I have had more interesting and productive conversations with a fence post than I have had with Jason Gardner.....and that is why THUSC was run into the ground. Lack of leadership and vision are not ingredients for success for any organization.

Comment

My daughter played for Rochelle for 1 year and that was about 360 days TOO long. She is absolutely NOT in it for the girls. She is in it for HERSELF and her own SELF-PROMOTION. My daughter was not all league in HS but was a captain and had fun and enjoyed her HS soccer FAR more than ever playing for RH. She belittled girls, screamed at girls, yelled and threw hissy fits on the sidelines all the time. She didn't coach, she yelled. She threw tantrums. Absolutely ZERO respect for her and her antics and style.
            ^^^^^^^
            This. Plus more.

Comment

I know for a fact that entire teams (plural) are following her to the new club

Comment

OYSA has a moratorium on allowing any new clubs. So they won't be allowed in.

OYSA is cracking down on 'clubs of convenience' that offer registration to nomadic teams and coaches without a club. see GPS and Chance Soccer Academy.

Following them to a local rented field to work on skills might be doable.

Comment

I have heard that as well. My daughter plays for FC. She has heard 'rumblings' that entire teams are in fact following RH to whatever her new venture is or shall be. I feel sorry for those families and kids----like lemmings going over the cliff. They are either blinded by her shenanigans and snake-oil salesmanship or they just cannot think for themselves or find other options or alternatives. My daughter has also said a large group of girls are also heading towards FC to tryout too. Kids are a lot smarter at their age than I was at that age. With social media sites, SnapChat, Instagram, etc....my daughter is very tuned in and knows exactly how many are coming and who is coming (if they follow thru and actually do show up for tryouts). So, however this shakes out, those that may or do end up FC may be getting a much better bargain and deal than what they are fleeing from in the form of a sinking ship and THUSC.

Comment

Perception is a funny thing and one size definitely doesn't fit all. I have two daughters and we left FC with one of them to join a team Rochelle coached. She was magnificent with both my girls, and to this day both still talk about the time they spent playing for her. Very positive experiences and would recommend her as a coach for young ladies.

Comment

I have heard that as well. My daughter plays for FC. She has heard 'rumblings' that entire teams are in fact following RH to whatever her new venture is or shall be. I feel sorry for those families and kids----like lemmings going over the cliff. They are either blinded by her shenanigans and snake-oil salesmanship or they just cannot think for themselves or find other options or alternatives. My daughter has also said a large group of girls are also heading towards FC to tryout too. Kids are a lot smarter at their age than I was at that age. With social media sites, SnapChat, Instagram, etc....my daughter is very tuned in and knows exactly how many are coming and who is coming (if they follow thru and actually do show up for tryouts). So, however this shakes out, those that may or do end up FC may be getting a much better bargain and deal than what they are fleeing from in the form of a sinking ship and THUSC.
                      Thanks FC coach. Talk about a messed up program, nothing but constant turnover!!! Look at their ECNL program, it’s awful. That’s your end game, bottom of the barrel.

Comment

People going to fc Portland lol? That’s hilarious. Sinking ship.

Almost as lol as the thorns

Comment

I’ll give Rochelle’s club teams some games.

The idea that OYSA can bar anyone making a team is stupid.

Comment

I’ll give Rochelle’s club teams some games.

The idea that OYSA can bar anyone making a team is stupid.
                            Anyone can make a team, absolutely! The OYSA can only accept teams from member clubs.

Right now there is a moratorium on accepting 'newly created' clubs.

The More you Know!

Comment

Anyone can make a team, absolutely! The OYSA can only accept teams from member clubs.

Right now there is a moratorium on accepting 'newly created' clubs.

The More you Know!
                              But...... Rochelle is “friends” with Nelson so who knows.....

Comment

But...... Rochelle is “friends” with Nelson so who knows.....
                                I'm friends with the valet at the Timbers parking garage so who know maybe I can get a Box Suite for free for the season.

Wyoming baby!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X