Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to Boca United - Boynton Knights - SFFA now that they lost the DA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens to Boca United - Boynton Knights - SFFA now that they lost the DA?

So its all but officially announced by US Soccer that finally Boca United (current alias of SFFA) has been put out of its misery and has been informed they will not have DA next year. So what will happen to all their players, any idea? Will they go to Weston DA if they survive as DA? Only Boca has been given the axe as of today not Weston. Will Weston survive? If so, do the Boca players go there? Will they go to Prime? Will they go back to their former club (albeit some of the SFFA players didn't even start at their former club!). It will be very interesting times ahead for south Florida soccer.

boys and girls?

Comment

I think most players who live in Broward will to Westin if they survive because they like the DA model and don't play high school. Probably the northern kids will go back to their old club or a few go to Prime but the cost of ECNL is way more than they had at DA so that will scare some. My bet is most go back to playing less per week and just go back to their old club if they will take them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So its all but officially announced by US Soccer that finally Boca United (current alias of SFFA) has been put out of its misery and has been informed they will not have DA next year. So what will happen to all their players, any idea? Will they go to Weston DA if they survive as DA? Only Boca has been given the axe as of today not Weston. Will Weston survive? If so, do the Boca players go there? Will they go to Prime? Will they go back to their former club (albeit some of the SFFA players didn't even start at their former club!). It will be very interesting times ahead for south Florida soccer.
        There are maybe 5 players in the entire Boca DA who are DA level and could even make Prime or good club team. Most will end up on a second team at their old club.

Comment

I think most players who live in Broward will to Westin if they survive because they like the DA model and don't play high school. Probably the northern kids will go back to their old club or a few go to Prime but the cost of ECNL is way more than they had at DA so that will scare some. My bet is most go back to playing less per week and just go back to their old club if they will take them back.
          I heard this is definitely done but they aren't making an official announcement because they are afraid the players that are there now won't finish their season and go to a new club now so insure a spot! If kids quit early there will be team forfeits everywhere but they had to be upfront with their clubs so they are stuck praying players don't skip out early.

Comment

I heard this is definitely done but they aren't making an official announcement because they are afraid the players that are there now won't finish their season and go to a new club now so insure a spot! If kids quit early there will be team forfeits everywhere but they had to be upfront with their clubs so they are stuck praying players don't skip out early.
            That really sucks for those players because they don't want to quit their team early but if they want to get on another good club team its an advantage for them to do it now. I completely understand Boca United losing DA they are a disaster and have been a total embarrassment but this shouldn't have been announced until the end of the season so players don't have a motive to quit early to go find a new home.

Comment

No clubs are being removed from the DA.

Comment

boys and girls?
                ? just girls

Comment

link jackass

Comment

Is prime that desperate? Or is it sunrise? Or dt, whoever that is

Nobody’s losing anything

Comment

never happening its all about the $$. This US soccer gives a **** about standards

Comment

talk to yourself much, clown

Comment

Exactly. But the club leaders know so they can set budgets, teams, leagues and be able to tell families what their plans are without the DA

Comment

If this were true then why did Jupiter, Boca United, SFFA, and RUSH announce a new collaboration with a DA. Their line of FB is 4 clubs, 1 DA working together!! The future of youth soccer in South Florida!

This is all very confusing. Was this a bunch of horse manure?

Comment

If this were true then why did Jupiter, Boca United, SFFA, and RUSH announce a new collaboration with a DA. Their line of FB is 4 clubs, 1 DA working together!! The future of youth soccer in South Florida!

This is all very confusing. Was this a bunch of horse manure?
                              If I find out that someone at Boca United lied to me, i will be very, very upset. In 10 years of youth soccer, I have found everyone involved to be the most respectable and honest people around. And I believe that Boca United sets the standard for that level of transparency and integrity. I take offense to even the slightest insinuation that they are not.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X