Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Feel like that sarcasm is coming through again. Has nothing to do with working hard or
    Goofing off. The girls who are friends with the dad assistant coach daughter play whole time or most of the time. The girls who are not sit the bench for half the game. There are a few girls who deserve to be out there full time, they are the ones that are game changers. But that is really only 1 or 2 players.
    Sadly that tends to be the MO of most dad assistants - prop up their own kids because they are afraid to let them succeed or fail on their own. Usually you see it at rec leagues or intramural but very rarely at this level. Parents on this team are gonna love subsidizing Dad Assistant’s daughter and her friends when the travel costs shoot ups exponentially. Better yet parents are gonna love paying thousands of dollars for college showcases where Dad Assistant gets to choose who actually gets “showcased” alongside his own kid.

Comment

Sadly that tends to be the MO of most dad assistants - prop up their own kids because they are afraid to let them succeed or fail on their own. Usually you see it at rec leagues or intramural but very rarely at this level. Parents on this team are gonna love subsidizing Dad Assistant’s daughter and her friends when the travel costs shoot ups exponentially. Better yet parents are gonna love paying thousands of dollars for college showcases where Dad Assistant gets to choose who actually gets “showcased” alongside his own kid.
      This couldn’t be farther from the truth. Our assistant coach is very fair when it comes to playing time. I personally have never seen any favoritism for the assistant coach’s daughter or any of her friends. The assistant coach’s daughter is one of the best players on the team, if not the best, and she earns every second of playing time she gets fair and square. To suggest she needs her dad to help her through favoritism is crazy. If her dad completely walked away from this team tomorrow, and a new coach was hired, there is no doubt she would still be seen as the best player on the team and would play all or most of each game. As much as I would miss our assistant coach and all he brings to this team, I actually wish he would do this just to prove the haters wrong.

Comment

This couldn’t be farther from the truth. Our assistant coach is very fair when it comes to playing time. I personally have never seen any favoritism for the assistant coach’s daughter or any of her friends. The assistant coach’s daughter is one of the best players on the team, if not the best, and she earns every second of playing time she gets fair and square. To suggest she needs her dad to help her through favoritism is crazy. If her dad completely walked away from this team tomorrow, and a new coach was hired, there is no doubt she would still be seen as the best player on the team and would play all or most of each game. As much as I would miss our assistant coach and all he brings to this team, I actually wish he would do this just to prove the haters wrong.
        So I’m willing to bet the daughter is no where near the best player on the team. And that you may be basing this on your unwillingness to really question this. And rephrase your hypothetical. If babygirl doesn’t make the team next year, or is hurt and can’t play, would Daddy Assistant remain? The club will eventually act. They will have to. This is ECNL right? Is he even qualified?

Comment

This really couldn’t be further from the truth. Almost every other girl is better on that team than her. Come watch a game see what she is actually doing on the field, it is not a whole lot. Aggressiveness does not mean great player.

Comment

This really couldn’t be further from the truth. Almost every other girl is better on that team than her. Come watch a game see what she is actually doing on the field, it is not a whole lot. Aggressiveness does not mean great player.
            Sounds like she’s gone or at least sent to the bench as a backup once Audrey takes over.

Comment

I hope daddy assistant stays. That way this thread continues and I get to laugh at those complaining about their kid riding the pine. They dont have the cajones to take their kid to a different club cause their kid wont start their either and there wont be anyone to blame. Dont worry, all those D1 coaches that are watching your little princess ride the pine will understand...it's daddy assistant's fault....hahaha..bunch of clowns and keyboard gangsters here.

Comment

Every player on this team earns their playing time 100%. If you work hard you are rewarded with playing time and if you good off and only put in half effort, you okay less.
                Sounds like this is still a cute, u-little neighborhood team .... wait until it gets competitive and more than half of the team gets blind-sided and replaced over the next 2 seasons (including some of the starters who the u-little parents still think "can't miss"). However it is now folks is not how it will end up in 3 or 4 years. You should all write down your guesses for each kid right now and then visit them again their senior year. It's amazing how much actually changes.

Comment

You soccer moms are so deranged that you actually feel good about these daily rants you post on here about a 12 year old girls team?? You are showing that you can’t move which is very sad when you really think about it.

Comment

Sounds like this is still a cute, u-little neighborhood team .... wait until it gets competitive and more than half of the team gets blind-sided and replaced over the next 2 seasons (including some of the starters who the u-little parents still think "can't miss"). However it is now folks is not how it will end up in 3 or 4 years. You should all write down your guesses for each kid right now and then visit them again their senior year. It's amazing how much actually changes.
                    They will find a way to blame daddy assistant when their daughter doesnt get that D1 scholarship that their little princess deserves.

Comment

They will find a way to blame daddy assistant when their daughter doesnt get that D1 scholarship that their little princess deserves.
                      It’s been months now with the same exact posts/complaint/accusations. Why can’t you move on with your life?? This is just sad now.

Comment

It’s been months now with the same exact posts/complaint/accusations. Why can’t you move on with your life?? This is just sad now.
                        Why do continue to visit if you think it's sad? No one is forcing you to read or comment. You do so because you need this type of drama in your life and that is really sad.

Comment

Just wondering if you found it “sad” when these same parents were bashing two other parents on here for “months,” and if you took the time to post your plea for them to “move on with their life.”

Comment

Just wondering if you found it “sad” when these same parents were bashing two other parents on here for “months,” and if you took the time to post your plea for them to “move on with their life.”
                            Check the activity or inactivity I should say on the other PA boards. I think people moved on. But just not on this thread. People still bashing individual players of this team and the coaches.

Comment

Unless and until the coach is fired and the Club wakes up and realizes that daddy assistants have no place in ECNL soccer, no one is getting replaced over the next 2 seasons or ever. The same players will be on the team, and the same group of players will get the most playing time. Tryouts will continue to be a joke and meaningless since the team has been and will continue to be picked before tryouts. Since this is well known in local soccer circles, this team will continue to have little to no new players trying out. The team will never improve and never get better and will just remain mediocre, or more likely, get worse since players will get fed up and drop off. You will then start to see middle of the year emails go out begging people to come tryout and fill the small roster in the hopes of keeping the team afloat.

And the parents on here who say they support the coach and daddy assistant coach will continue to do so because not doing so would likely mean their little princesses would face actual competition for making the team and for playing time, something they are clearly afraid of.

Comment

Everyone on here please stop! I’m sorry I even mentioned the dad assistant. I was trying to be transparent. I didn’t know this would explode like this!!! Please stop

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X