Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I negotiated my salary before i accepted my job (I do this every time)....My female co-workers did the same....Accept the deal you make and don't complain...otherwise you are just a crybaby looking for attention.
    please stop comparing your job in middle management with literally the top 22 people in their profession.

also, if you didn't like the offer, what were your alternatives? so, how is that relevant to the USWNT?

Comment

so, how is that relevant to the USWNT?
      It's not; nor is this:

Pay inequality is still a huge issue in American companies, big and small.

Comment

Equal pay

please stop comparing your job in middle management with literally the top 22 people in their profession.

also, if you didn't like the offer, what were your alternatives? so, how is that relevant to the USWNT?
        hey, you wanted to be a pro-soccer player and or USWNT member....there was never a secrete that there is no money in it...why are you then surprised than?....its like choosing a career as a cashier at mcdonalds than you wonder why your not making the money you think you deserve?

you knew what you were getting when you signed the deal (including the history of pay for that position).....don't complain.

Comment

hey, you wanted to be a pro-soccer player and or USWNT member....there was never a secrete that there is no money in it...why are you then surprised than?....its like choosing a career as a cashier at mcdonalds than you wonder why your not making the money you think you deserve?

you knew what you were getting when you signed the deal (including the history of pay for that position).....don't complain.
          I get your point to an extent. So does this mean they should sit quiet and never ask for a pay increase? They shouldn't be allowed to try to renegotiate ever? Just sit back and be quiet like a good lady, right?

Comment

Also, who's to say the team negotiating on the women's behalf was doing so in the USWNT's best interest at the time? Here just give them $10k a year and make them feel privileged to play for next to nothing. I hope if it were your daughters, nieces, granddaughters, whatever, you would want to advocate for them to make a living wage instead of just saying suck it up buttercup, you're just a woman and don't deserve to get paid more.

Comment

Equal pay

Also, who's to say the team negotiating on the women's behalf was doing so in the USWNT's best interest at the time? Here just give them $10k a year and make them feel privileged to play for next to nothing. I hope if it were your daughters, nieces, granddaughters, whatever, you would want to advocate for them to make a living wage instead of just saying suck it up buttercup, you're just a woman and don't deserve to get paid more.
              the average male mls player does not make a "living wage" at about $100K/yr!!!!!!
              and stadiums are empty compared to the full capacity (even for the males)!!!!!!!!!! can't draw blood from a stone!!!!

Comment

I get your point to an extent. So does this mean they should sit quiet and never ask for a pay increase? They shouldn't be allowed to try to renegotiate ever? Just sit back and be quiet like a good lady, right?
                Not the poster....if they want to negotiate a new deal then try to do that first. If they can't reach an agreement then go to arbitration or strike. Going to court without going that route first was a PR stunt. The only case they have is if USS is somehow not fulfilling the signed contract both sides agreed to.

Comment

I don't think anyone is saying that at all. I've daughters and a wife who works so equal pay matters very much to me. That said, they agreed to their contract. They're absolutely can and should try and negotiate a new deal either now or when their contract is up. But unless USSF was in breach of the contract or some other violation I don't see how they have a case to fight a contract they agreed to.

Signed - I'm not a lawyer but play one on TV ;)

Comment

I don't think anyone is saying that at all. I've daughters and a wife who works so equal pay matters very much to me. That said, they agreed to their contract. They're absolutely can and should try and negotiate a new deal either now or when their contract is up. But unless USSF was in breach of the contract or some other violation I don't see how they have a case to fight a contract they agreed to.

Signed - I'm not a lawyer but play one on TV ;)
                    yes, obviously not a lawyer, since you don't understand the lawsuit.

the current lawsuit is being pursued individually by 4 players (Rapinoe, Lloyd, Morgan & Sauerbrunn), not the US WNT Players Association, and was initiated with the EEOC prior to the ratification of the new CBA. the lawsuit charges under the Equal Pay Act and the Civil Rights Act unlawful discrimination. (as a side note, the USSF won their own lawsuit around this time preventing USWNTPA from striking as that wasn't allowed under the previous CBA, which was still in effect through an MOU). the ratification of the new CBA did not preempt the EEOC charges, and only recently did the EEOC complete it's investigation and provide the players with "right to sue" letters (the EEOC really just investigates and attempts to mediate discrimination cases but has no enforcement powers so effectively these letters say, we've done our best, go pursue your remedies in federal court). while this suit is filed by only 4 players, any retroactive (to 2013, the end of the prior CBA) and prospective remedies would be available to any active or retired player.

as a side note, the US MNT players association supports the revenue sharing model that was proposed by the USWNTPA during the previous CBA negotiation. my guess is that they understand the BS of the "market realities" defense that the USSF uses to justify the gender discrimination and also realizes that the USWNT could actually make more than the men given the higher # of games they play. so they'd like to have equal pay based on an aggregate revenue share. (this is all speculation on my part).

Comment

the current lawsuit is being pursued individually by 4 players (Rapinoe, Lloyd, Morgan & Sauerbrunn), not the US WNT Players Association, and was initiated with the EEOC prior to the ratification of the new CBA. the lawsuit charges under the Equal Pay Act and the Civil Rights Act unlawful discrimination. (as a side note, the USSF won their own lawsuit around this time preventing USWNTPA from striking as that wasn't allowed under the previous CBA, which was still in effect through an MOU). the ratification of the new CBA did not preempt the EEOC charges, and only recently did the EEOC complete it's investigation and provide the players with "right to sue" letters (the EEOC really just investigates and attempts to mediate discrimination cases but has no enforcement powers so effectively these letters say, we've done our best, go pursue your remedies in federal court). while this suit is filed by only 4 players, any retroactive (to 2013, the end of the prior CBA) and prospective remedies would be available to any active or retired player.

as a side note, the US MNT players association supports the revenue sharing model that was proposed by the USWNTPA during the previous CBA negotiation. my guess is that they understand the BS of the "market realities" defense that the USSF uses to justify the gender discrimination and also realizes that the USWNT could actually make more than the men given the higher # of games they play. so they'd like to have equal pay based on an aggregate revenue share. (this is all speculation on my part).
                      You give new meaning to diarrhea of the mouth. Great job copying and pasting as well, let me guess, you’re not a lawyer either?

Comment

You give new meaning to diarrhea of the mouth. Great job copying and pasting as well, let me guess, you’re not a lawyer either?
                        happy to hear your summary of the situation in 200 words or less, chief.

Comment

I’ll just leave this right here https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-wom...65600?mod=e2fb

Comment

Exactly. Can’t wait to see them win.

Comment

Women opted to fight for benefits and got them. Men got cold hard cash.

Can’t have it both ways! Unless you are rapinoe ofcourse.

Comment

Women opted to fight for benefits and got them. Men got cold hard cash.

Can’t have it both ways! Unless you are rapinoe ofcourse.
                                Give me a break. So women can't have both money and benefits? What year is this?!?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X