Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2021 - Predictions for June 15?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    my dick is better than yours.. my goodness will you people ever stop with this ****.
    Glad to know your happy with your husband.

Comment

Wondering how things are progressing for people now that June 15 has passed. Was it an initial deluge and now real invitations to camps, etc.? Any surprises? Any initial thoughts on how you might have done something different Sophomore year?

I'm a year away with mine, so just wondering how this continues to play out for people under the new deadline.

Thanks!

Comment

Crickets

Comment

Wondering how things are progressing for people now that June 15 has passed. Was it an initial deluge and now real invitations to camps, etc.? Any surprises? Any initial thoughts on how you might have done something different Sophomore year?

I'm a year away with mine, so just wondering how this continues to play out for people under the new deadline.

Thanks!
          In your boat as well. have done any of the camps this summer or waiting for next. thanks

Comment

Lots of presence in San Diego, some direct follow-up with her since.
            Volume way below 6/15. Seems to be those who felt she/they qualified in on 6/15.

One coach even told her not to bother with his ID camp, and to rest. She and I like him for that. A few email invites to camp that appear to come directly from coach with some personalization (Fname, position, grad year) are really just mail merges.

Trying to schedule official visits in aug. No real offers yet but statements of intent to offer. Offer of what is tbd

Comment

In your boat as well. have done any of the camps this summer or waiting for next. thanks
              So, op on the original question here. We're planning on a few camps. She's gotten some roundabout feedback - so college coach to club coach "we were impressed with X at X tournament" and then an invite from coach's email (as opposed to a generic email address from a listserve type address). So, not sure what to read into that, since someone above said that may not matter. if it's the coach's email b/c it still might be a generic mailing. I suppose. Hard to tell. Get a generic mailing from same school from an obvious listserve too. I know there's a lot of back and forth on here about the utility of camps/clinics if you don't get a personal invite. I will say we went to an ID clinic without a specific invite. Based on that, coach reached out to club coach to say they were going to keep an eye on D next year b/c she did well. So from that perspective, I think it was worthwhile.

Comment

So, op on the original question here. We're planning on a few camps. She's gotten some roundabout feedback - so college coach to club coach "we were impressed with X at X tournament" and then an invite from coach's email (as opposed to a generic email address from a listserve type address). So, not sure what to read into that, since someone above said that may not matter. if it's the coach's email b/c it still might be a generic mailing. I suppose. Hard to tell. Get a generic mailing from same school from an obvious listserve too. I know there's a lot of back and forth on here about the utility of camps/clinics if you don't get a personal invite. I will say we went to an ID clinic without a specific invite. Based on that, coach reached out to club coach to say they were going to keep an eye on D next year b/c she did well. So from that perspective, I think it was worthwhile.
                Depending on the player's age, it sounds like that is the best-case scenario for an ID clinic. The player is on the coach's list to watch. Given the no-contact rules until June 15 after sophomore year, I'm not sure what else anyone can expect of a Freshman/Sophomore attending an ID clinic.

Comment

Thanks!
                  My D reached out to some D1 coaches and while they said she did well at some ID clinics and showcases, they were not scrambling to fill out the 2021 class. They will watch and see how things progress. Not sure how to take that. Maybe college coaches will be more deliberate going forward... or they are just not interested in my D. I can’t tell as this is our first time through the process.

Comment

My D reached out to some D1 coaches and while they said she did well at some ID clinics and showcases, they were not scrambling to fill out the 2021 class. They will watch and see how things progress. Not sure how to take that. Maybe college coaches will be more deliberate going forward... or they are just not interested in my D. I can’t tell as this is our first time through the process.
                    My D is 2022. A D1coach at a recent camp told her afterwards that she was on his radar but that he was focusing on 2021’s right now, and that he would look to come to some her games next year and wanted her to come to fall camp. Obviously this was probably a bit more info than he probably should have given her, but it was quick at end of camp when he was speaking 1 on 1 with girls.

Comment

D3s won't be "scrambling" until next spring but D1s are definitely in active recruit mode.
                      All feedback is good feedback, and that message implies to me that they have priority recruits in front of her and if they get to her it will be when they are in scramble mode

Comment

Glad to hear the D1 dream isn’t over yet for rising juniors. How about rising seniors? Is hoping for D1 commitment interest too late at this point if you don’t have it already? Should we concentrate on D2 & 3?

Comment

Glad to hear the D1 dream isn’t over yet for rising juniors. How about rising seniors? Is hoping for D1 commitment interest too late at this point if you don’t have it already? Should we concentrate on D2 & 3?
                          Lower level D1 could happen but just for a spot. No money left.

Comment

Lower level D1 could happen but just for a spot. No money left.
                            Is there any money left for rising juniors? And what is a good offer? 30%? 50%? Is the offer usually a % of tuition or a % of cost of attendance? Or are offers just typically a dollar amount like “8k” or whatever?

Comment

Is there any money left for rising juniors? And what is a good offer? 30%? 50%? Is the offer usually a % of tuition or a % of cost of attendance? Or are offers just typically a dollar amount like “8k” or whatever?
                              There's money left for rising juniors. Or at least we have been led to believe that. Yes some were promised earlier, but with new rules just going into effect coaches told 2021 D that offers are there but they asked her to do official visit (Aug 1 or later) first. Maybe we will be shockingly disappointed

Comment

There's money left for rising juniors. Or at least we have been led to believe that. Yes some were promised earlier, but with new rules just going into effect coaches told 2021 D that offers are there but they asked her to do official visit (Aug 1 or later) first. Maybe we will be shockingly disappointed
                                Mine too. Asked to come to official visit after 8/1, where offer will be made. Told they are “a top recruit” but have no idea what that will translate to. Anyone else have general experience or knowledge?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X