Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major gda announcements begin thursday and friday .....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Clubs are making money regardless of what other clubs are doing. They don't need to go out of business.
    Unless you own your fields most of your costs are mostly variable based on # of teams - coaches, insurance, field rentals etc. As long as you have rosters that are 2/3s filled you are fine, anything above that is gravy

Comment

Not sure who that poster is talking about, although CO has quite a few. West Coast, TX, FL are the biggest areas then and maybe NC, Chicago & Atlanta metros
      I don't know anyone who would consider CO to be Midwest, unless you are a Brit looking at a map.

Comment

I don't know anyone who would consider CO to be Midwest, unless you are a Brit looking at a map.
        It's not West coast either

Comment

Or anyone who grew up on the east coast and never travels. They think there's nothing west of Philadelphia. I'm astonished at the lack of geographic knowledge in this country.

Comment

GDA will take years to show if you gain anything by playing in that league.Top Ecnl and top Npl are better .

Comment

Unfortunately cutting kids hurts the bottom line.If one club was made up of truly the best players they would go broke.Because this is the snowflake ,everybody gets a medal state.Totally different soccer atmosphere in the Midwest .
              There's a strange logic at work here. Does not giving every Midwest kid a medal somehow prove a kind of non-snowflake toughness?

Comment

I have heard so many times that USSF is shutting ECNL players out. ECNL board members shut the door, not USSF. The greed was awful, and there was no oversight. While dilution has occurred, it’d good to have options.

DA should allow for high school waivers, still offer 8 months of DA for players that elect hogh school, eliminate substitution rules, allow players to freely transfer if not satisfied, and ensure high quality competition. Additionally, USSF must deliver on the product they outlined at the launch.

Comment

I have heard so many times that USSF is shutting ECNL players out. ECNL board members shut the door, not USSF. The greed was awful, and there was no oversight. While dilution has occurred, it’d good to have options.

DA should allow for high school waivers, still offer 8 months of DA for players that elect hogh school, eliminate substitution rules, allow players to freely transfer if not satisfied, and ensure high quality competition. Additionally, USSF must deliver on the product they outlined at the launch.
                  Wouldn't mind most of that, but two issues:

1) The entire country doesn't follow the same HS schedule (not sure how that is handled in other leagues so someone will enlighten me)
                  2) I don't advocate for a change in the substitution rules. Players need to learn to pace themselves and learn through mistakes vs. getting yanked off. Not below 14-15, but at the older ages.

Comment

Is it USSF's job to shut out ECNL players to promote their own interests or to amass the best players for TCs, camps, and international teams of all levels?

Comment

Is it USSF's job to shut out ECNL players to promote their own interests or to amass the best players for TCs, camps, and international teams of all levels?
                      They are too focused on building their cash piles and power and not focused enough on finding talent. They have clearly lost their way.

Comment

They are too focused on building their cash piles and power and not focused enough on finding talent. They have clearly lost their way.
                        Speaking of ECNL I assume?

I mean, their leadership:

1) Put in multiple teams vs. putting teams in another league where they would have to pay. Then they sell the teams as equal, put all the good players on one with the good coaches, and call them all "Elite".
                        2) Put in exclusionary practices to prevent other clubs from joining and not giving visibility to other talented players.

I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                          speaking of ecnl i assume?

1) put in multiple teams vs. Putting teams in another league where they would have to pay. Then they sell the teams as equal, put all the good players on one with the good coaches, and call them all "elite".
                          2) put in exclusionary practices to prevent other clubs from joining and not giving visibility to other talented players.

I concur.
                          this^^^^

Comment

1) Put in multiple teams vs. putting teams in another league where they would have to pay. Then they sell the teams as equal, put all the good players on one with the good coaches, and call them all "Elite".
                            2) Put in exclusionary practices to prevent other clubs from joining and not giving visibility to other talented players.

I concur.
                            ECNL isn't the governing body of US soccer. USSF is. They can't even pretend to care about the state of US soccer any longer.

Comment

They can't even pretend to care about the state of US soccer any longer.
                              Again, you mean ECNL, right?

Comment

I concur.
                                They aren't excluding any players. Players can try out for any club they want. Putting limits on the number of clubs and teams would be mandatory for any league of this type. If you want all clubs to participate that is what NEP is for. So since you can't allow for an unlimited number of clubs to enter, how many or how few "should" be allowed is subjective. One person may think one or two or more should be added. Others think it is fine the way it is. There is no correct answer to that question. It is opinion. What isn't opinion is that no players are excluded except by their own choice or by ability.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X