Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Cup Prediction?

How do you think the men will do in the upcoming Gold Cup? This team does not look very good right now. I feel like Berhalter is going to take the program a step back as I continue to watch the system and the players he chooses for his teams. After the first few good results the coach acted like we were on our way to world cup winners with this new amazing system that no one can beat. Then you get beat down by Jamaica and Venezuela and all I hear is excuses because its such an embarassment that we don't have a player pool that can win games like this. Any good team in the world regardless if they sprint out their a or c team in games like this should win and look the better team. We don't. I think we squeak in to maybe a semifinal, that's it. We have no attack and can't score goals. If Jozy and Gyasi are the best options, yikes. I like a certain type of hardworking striker that will do a lot of work and help create for others, we don't have that. We are not in our world cup cycle so why aren't we trying stuff out. Like Sargeant and Soto who in a few years should be the guys up top. Why aren't we giving them opoortunities to try and succeed and prepare. Think Pulisic a few years ago at Dortmund. Both guys are on the first team of Bundesliga clubs and experience in these games will matter. I don't care if we win the Gold Cup. Means little. I want to win and compete at the top level not against mostly minnows. Lastly, the players we should be choosing are our players in foreign based clubs playing in their top divisions, that's were the competiton is better and those players are getting better. I hated Jurgen but we got better results because he brought in the better players not just players from our domestic league to prop it up. I don't watch much MLS so its partly the reason but everytime I watch a USMNT game now there is somebody starting or on the bench that I have never heard of before. If they were that good you'd think I would have heard about or known about them by now.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How do you think the men will do in the upcoming Gold Cup? This team does not look very good right now. I feel like Berhalter is going to take the program a step back as I continue to watch the system and the players he chooses for his teams. After the first few good results the coach acted like we were on our way to world cup winners with this new amazing system that no one can beat. Then you get beat down by Jamaica and Venezuela and all I hear is excuses because its such an embarassment that we don't have a player pool that can win games like this. Any good team in the world regardless if they sprint out their a or c team in games like this should win and look the better team. We don't. I think we squeak in to maybe a semifinal, that's it. We have no attack and can't score goals. If Jozy and Gyasi are the best options, yikes. I like a certain type of hardworking striker that will do a lot of work and help create for others, we don't have that. We are not in our world cup cycle so why aren't we trying stuff out. Like Sargeant and Soto who in a few years should be the guys up top. Why aren't we giving them opoortunities to try and succeed and prepare. Think Pulisic a few years ago at Dortmund. Both guys are on the first team of Bundesliga clubs and experience in these games will matter. I don't care if we win the Gold Cup. Means little. I want to win and compete at the top level not against mostly minnows. Lastly, the players we should be choosing are our players in foreign based clubs playing in their top divisions, that's were the competiton is better and those players are getting better. I hated Jurgen but we got better results because he brought in the better players not just players from our domestic league to prop it up. I don't watch much MLS so its partly the reason but everytime I watch a USMNT game now there is somebody starting or on the bench that I have never heard of before. If they were that good you'd think I would have heard about or known about them by now.
    Bad.

Can we take altidore and have him tryout for a corner in the NFL? Couldnt do any worse, guy is a brute but my 12 year old has a better touch and decision making on the pitch.

Comment

Berhalter is fired after. That's my prediction.

Comment

Berhalter is fired after. That's my prediction.

That's affirmative and hire a non MLS coach.

Comment

That's affirmative and hire a non MLS coach.
          I just hope they beat guyana next week.

Comment

Mexico will beat the US in the final...basically how it always is

Comment

Mexico will beat the US in the final...basically how it always is
              US won't make the final.

Comment

US won't make the final.
                I tend to agree with us although I have not looked at who they might have to play in a semifinal to get to the final. That will make a big difference.

Comment

Mexico Copa De Oro
                  Brazil Copa De America
                  US World Cup Womens

Comment

I predict you should just watch Copa America

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X