Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club hopping coaches

Should we be weary of coaches who change clubs every year or two? Director something over here, director of another over there, but can’t hold a job for some reason. I’m not sure I can trust someone who can’t hold a job to be a good role model, especially if they’ve been rumored in sketchy behavior before.

Are you ok with it if they’re good at coaching soccer, forget whatever else?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Should we be weary of coaches who change clubs every year or two? Director something over here, director of another over there, but can’t hold a job for some reason. I’m not sure I can trust someone who can’t hold a job to be a good role model, especially if they’ve been rumored in sketchy behavior before.

Hell yea - if that club treats their coaches & directors like slaves then agree they should jump ship! As long as they are good on the field, fair game :)

Comment

You're making assumptions without knowing the full story. Some clubs are just poorly run. The soccer community is pretty small and if he really is a pariah he would have a harder time landing new gigs. And really, if he's not coaching your kid does it really matter? Have you even met him? If you aren't getting a good vibe then go elsewhere. There's plenty of options out there.

Comment

I trust you fret about your child’s teachers as well...
        I don’t care who you trust or not
        More bs to fling at coaches, all of whom are underpaid

Comment

Club B offers a Coach from Club A more money hoping he/she will pull his teams to Club B generating the income to pay them the coach the higher salary. Club C then offers the same coach more money a year or two later to do the same thing. Why not, the coach already proved he can pull players with him/her.

Comment

You can tell a lot about a person by how they leave their current situation. Some pretend it’s about the kids but we know it’s about the money. If this is your career I’m fine with that but don’t give us a sob story with your raise!

Comment

You can tell a lot about a person by how they leave their current situation. Some pretend it’s about the kids but we know it’s about the money. If this is your career I’m fine with that but don’t give us a sob story with your raise!
              Or maybe, just maybe, some clubs pay shi +e and treat coaches badly? Nah, couldn't be that.

This thread wreaks of a club owner bemoaning losing their better coaches. A little self reflection may be in order. Respect and loyalty is a two way street

Comment

Or maybe, just maybe, some clubs pay shi +e and treat coaches badly? Nah, couldn't be that.

This thread wreaks of a club owner bemoaning losing their better coaches. A little self reflection may be in order. Respect and loyalty is a two way street
                Didn’t lose any coaches but you would be amazed how poorly treated someone can be with a significant raise from a competitor. It happened to our company.

Comment

Didn’t lose any coaches but you would be amazed how poorly treated someone can be with a significant raise from a competitor. It happened to our company.
                  Then match your competition. If they still want to leave it isn't just about the money.

Comment

I think it’s just the nature of the job of a coach. It’s kind of a rarity anywhere to have coaches
                    stay at the same place for long periods of time. Especially in youth club soccer, as it’s difficult to make a career out of it.

Comment

I think it’s just the nature of the job of a coach. It’s kind of a rarity anywhere to have coaches
                      stay at the same place for long periods of time. Especially in youth club soccer, as it’s difficult to make a career out of it.
                      Very true. I know many who were quite good but they moved into other lines of work. Tough to raise a family too not just salary but time away on weekends etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X