Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Saw this on HBO this weekend. Absolutely amazing. They take everything the US does and then they do the opposite.

https://fasterskier.com/fsarticle/th...bryant-gumbel/
    We have the same grass roots, cheaper version of soccer here in America .... it is called Travel soccer (in Baseball, we call it Little League and in Basketball we also call it Travel). Unfortunately, those are not good enough for the average US parent so they would rather spend $2,500 per year to tell everyone their kid plays premier or AAU. Oh well.

Comment

We have the same grass roots, cheaper version of soccer here in America .... it is called Travel soccer (in Baseball, we call it Little League and in Basketball we also call it Travel). Unfortunately, those are not good enough for the average US parent so they would rather spend $2,500 per year to tell everyone their kid plays premier or AAU. Oh well.
      Spot on. More and more Americans turn their nose up at grass roots. They think they’re all superstars, because they can write a check. They refuse to believe that many people and clubs are making a living off of their gullibility. Meanwhile, all this money spent and our teams are still second rate at best.

Comment

Is this site Wells Fargo or TDBank? Never seen a place where there is so much concern about and focus on what others do with their money. And "the funny part is" that 9 times out of 10 the posters critiquing other parents for what they spend are cutting the exact same checks themselves.

Comment

Is this site Wells Fargo or TDBank? Never seen a place where there is so much concern about and focus on what others do with their money. And "the funny part is" that 9 times out of 10 the posters critiquing other parents for what they spend are cutting the exact same checks themselves.
          Agreed. There is an overwhelm concern with where my money goes. It's quite funny.

I think many would welcome the government coming in and doing it for them since they seem incapable of doing it themselves.

Comment

Agreed. There is an overwhelm concern with where my money goes. It's quite funny.

I think many would welcome the government coming in and doing it for them since they seem incapable of doing it themselves.
            Those aren't actually the ones complaining.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X