Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Like anything in life if he / she is better than the rest than yes. If he / she is the same or worse then no. The clubs aren't going to drop a known player for a kid that doesn't look any better.
    I would generally agree, but it also depends on what club entry point the poster is thinking about. There's still some midlevel HS aged teams for players like he describes that will take solid players. An upper level team would be very tough to crack.

Comment

my kid is a 2006 and has played 3 years of premier with a small local club. I think he's an ok player, certainly not a unicorn but he's competent and loves the game. I'd rather keep him out of premier for the upcoming year (for $$ reasons on my end). If I wait until U15 to shop him around, will it be too late to break into a roster? I know the rosters start solidifying at U14.
      Does his kid really want to move up? If he can even get a roster spot will he play much? Does he want to play in college? If the answer is no to any of those questions then keep him where he's at, play in HS, play other sports etc. There's enough decent hs options out there for him to keep playing at a lower cost and still have fun. Save the $ for test prep, tutoring and tuition.

Comment

Does his kid really want to move up? If he can even get a roster spot will he play much? Does he want to play in college? If the answer is no to any of those questions then keep him where he's at, play in HS, play other sports etc. There's enough decent hs options out there for him to keep playing at a lower cost and still have fun. Save the $ for test prep, tutoring and tuition.
        to clarify - he's been with a mid-level club (CFC Branch, Ajax, type thing) for 3 years. That team collapsed due to roster number issues. If he were to play MS/travel this coming year, could he get picked up by another similar club for U15? (I am *not* talking about an FSA Elite or CFC United or BDA type thing). He's an average player on his former premier team, not great but not awful.

Comment

to clarify - he's been with a mid-level club (CFC Branch, Ajax, type thing) for 3 years. That team collapsed due to roster number issues. If he were to play MS/travel this coming year, could he get picked up by another similar club for U15? (I am *not* talking about an FSA Elite or CFC United or BDA type thing). He's an average player on his former premier team, not great but not awful.
          wow a parent who actually knows his kids ability. You sir are one of a kind. any club would be honored to have you.

Comment

wow a parent who actually knows his kids ability. You sir are one of a kind. any club would be honored to have you.
            it's a case of kid who gets the game mentally and has footskills but is a slow runner. Really cannot sugar-coat that type of thing.

Comment

Sure, yeah, maybe? - he is coming up on the puberty years - so much is changing physically with boys in these ages, some players will have huge growth spurts, some won't, and that matters at tryout time. As long as he keeps playing MS/travel, and keeps working on his footskills, I'm sure he'll find a home two years from now. But, if he sits on the couch, a year from know you'll notice that he hasn't kept up with the other boys in development. How hard he works at it will matter more than what team he plays for - but that may be harder to motivate on the MS/travel bus.

Comment

I think what you write is too logical for TS. I would rather believe the posters that say OW can't develop and replace over 90% of their players because all the other clubs are so much better at it.
                None of the freaks at OW leave voluntarily .... when the writing is on the wall, it is time to go. The writing gets there because, after 4-5 years of OW training since YTL or earlier, the kids still are not ready.

Comment

If its a girl, it sounds as if she could probably start on their ECNL team. Can she boot the ball really far (to no one)?

Comment

None of the freaks at OW leave voluntarily .... when the writing is on the wall, it is time to go. The writing gets there because, after 4-5 years of OW training since YTL or earlier, the kids still are not ready.
                    Wrong, we had kids on my sons team leave at U12 because they wanted to play other sports as well as soccer and it was too much of a commitment.

Comment

Bristol rovers star

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=161434

Best training and true Evals

Comment

Haha haha haha 😆
                        Setting up viruses now Nerd. You’ve blown a gasket. Haha
                        Get done sleep 💤

Comment

This isn’t good Nerd. You’ve never dealt with Sporting parents. They’re like the roughnecks of TS.
                          I can’t help you if you make them mad.

Comment

Please forgive Trump Nerd. He means no harm. Forgive him
                            😆

Comment

Serious question, how is Vale doing? I haven’t heard anything about them for a while.

Comment

Serious question, how is Vale doing? I haven’t heard anything about them for a while.
                                They suck

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X